Page 3 of 3 First 123

1. Post
    CoRk wrote:
    Well, OK, lets take on that line of reasoning since it does seem to come up a lot. It seems like you're supposing that the only reason why women like Hillary Barry take offence at this is because of a gender disparity. So, if we show men are treated the same then its a wash! Its not an issue! Well, its not entirely, for one there is the volume of material that objectifies women versus the amount that objectifies men. Its like saying that there are kids in poverty in the US as well as in India so they are about equal. The other thing is that if you recognise that objectification is kind of ****, the fact it happens to both genders doesn't make it non-objectionable. There's an argument to be had that yeah, actually, the hypermasculisation of men in the media is a bit off and maybe we shouldn't be holding up sportsmen as being the best of our gender.

My point was more that nobody is being sexist or objectifying. They're in swimwear because they're on a beach, who really gives a ****? The dudes in the canoe are more skimpily dressed, and the majority of the video involves islanders and/or Air NZ staff, not the Sports Illustrated models. The only blatant bit of objectification is the pool boy in L.A. and that's clearly a visual gag.

2. Post
    CoRk wrote:
    for one there is the volume of material that objectifies women versus the amount that objectifies men.
    Its because Men are biologically wired to be stimulated visually, hence the overwhelming portion of sex appeal in media is of young female models. Women on the other hand...

Name:  yvjhuqgq.x1u.jpg
Views: 357
Size:  38.1 KB

3. Post
    Women are weird like that. THey're also go to public toilets together and have a communal ****. Nothing like a bit of chatter over the sound of plop plop.

4. Post
    KevinL wrote:

My point was more that nobody is being sexist or objectifying. They're in swimwear because they're on a beach, who really gives a ****? The dudes in the canoe are more skimpily dressed, and the majority of the video involves islanders and/or Air NZ staff, not the Sports Illustrated models. The only blatant bit of objectification is the pool boy in L.A. and that's clearly a visual gag.
    This, it's in context. Anyway, the only guys who'll get a rise out of that video are the same people who wank over Farmers catalogues, and they live in Dunedin and don't travel by plane.

5. Post
    The objection might be that it's out of step with Air NZ's previously interesting and creative safety vids.

6. Post
    Basically any female that gets upset at this has cobwebs in her gaping mawgina.

7. Post
    What have we had so far?
    Body paint
    All Blacks with flustered females and males.
    Beargrills.
    Thats Simmons guy.
    Bikini models.

lesbians havent been represented yet. Maybe they could be offended?

8. Post
    You forgot Hobbits and Betty White

9. Post
    "I'm going to be sitting there worrying about the male passengers sitting next to me leering at the beautiful women on the screen," said Dr Russell, a philosopher and lecturer in taxation at Massey University in Palmerston North.

To be fair I do this to completely dressed women on a daily basis - some times even when im at work.

I think i have an addiction.

10. Post
    Was Hilary Barry being sarcastic? I couldn't tell.

11. Post
    Fun, people shouldn't be having it.

12. Post
    When do you ever see an ugly bloke advertising something?

13. Post
    All the time??

14. Post
    s0cks wrote:
    When do you ever see an ugly bloke advertising something?
    Fatso?

15. Post
    arr wrote:
    Fatso?
    You can't take the Battlemonkey620 outta that guy.

16. Post
    lol imagine if air nz hadn't made this video and noone was mad

that'd be pretty cool imo

17. Post
    Hey frio.
    Can you please make this your avatar pic.

18. Post

19. Post
    Thought the video was quite well done. Wasn't tasteless objectifying. I see no problem here.

One could argue the native girls outfits and dancing objectifies women also, but that's local culture so it's acceptable. Double standards much?