Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Post
    Dahippo wrote:
    offer him $400

+1 seems way too expensive to me

2. Post
    lol you make it sound like swapping a head gasket is like changing a tyre tier.

3. Post
    yea it is that easy, first you plug in the scanner, and then....well i dunno, ive never done it

4. Post
    just whip the head off, get out the wood plane and make it flat, then seal it up again with PVA. Gaskets are overrated. They're just paper.

5. Post
    would drive,

...too the crushing machine

6. Post
    On the plus side, I know who to PM now when a customer has a piece of **** car they want to sell cheap. This guy sounds like he'll buy anything that's cheap.

7. Post
    Run away. It's ****ed.

8. Post
    Mutton wrote:
    just whip the head off, get out the wood plane and make it flat, then seal it up again with PVA. Gaskets are overrated. They're just paper.
    RTV dick. PVA doesn't flex well enough.

Also OP, don't buy it.

9. Post
    Sounds like the car may as well be a wreck. Maybe offer $250 if you want it for fun. You're not buying a working car, don't pay working car prices.
    People aren't going to be lining up to buy a car that's not drive-able, you're not going to be battling against many buyers, if any at all.

10. Post
    Been there done that - never again etc.

Then again you'll likely get some funny stories out of it. Cooling system on mine ****ed out and was a constant bitch even with new radiator thermostat and whatever hoses I could get at, turbo was eating itself from the inside out, ZF trans in it was meant to go pop at any moment according to online reports, ABS light was on with correspondingly pant ****ting pedal feel, bowl of jelly handling, blower fan unit **** itself (i'll give you a hint, they build the ****ing car around it I swear) . If you're willing to tool up and learn it'll be an experience if nothing else - otherwise, world of pain.

If you overlook the catching fire I suppose it was safe, albeit expensive and unreliable.

Actually i'll revise that to just world of pain.

11. Post
    After reading all the reports and advice in this thread. I suggest the OP go right ahead and buy it.

12. Post
    I'd buy it

13. Post
    buy two of them

14. Post
    [QUOTE=studmuffin;10163073][use the search forums

I bought my 9-3 s Ragtop off Trade Me for $810.00. Cost 260 to get it transported to Seddon. 199 To get the roof to fold down and it went straight through for a Warrant. I runs well and has a ton of grunt. What more would you want ? I am one happy man. Is there a Saab Drivers Club any where in the South Island ?

15. Post
    [QUOTE=SuperSid;11295796]
    studmuffin wrote:
    [use the search forums

I bought my 9-3 s Ragtop off Trade Me for $810.00. Cost 260 to get it transported to Seddon. 199 To get the roof to fold down and it went straight through for a Warrant. I runs well and has a ton of grunt. What more would you want ? I am one happy man. Is there a Saab Drivers Club any where in the South Island ?
    Jesus a necrophiliac living in seddon.

16. Yelling

Happy Saab owner

[QUOTE=ludez;11295849]
    SuperSid wrote:
    Jesus a necrophiliac living in seddon.
    Call me what you like. But at least you got my name right Name:  IMG_20190416_125145.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  472.3 KB