Page 1 of 2 12 Last

1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post
    I'm not exactly shocked by this news

ahaha

3. Post
    Whatever they come up with, I'll be following it closely

4. Post
    JC wrote:
    I'm not exactly shocked by this news

ahaha
    lol that took me way longer than it should have to realise

anyway the news surprises me a bit, i wonder after infinite if he realised that the massive AAA world just isnt worth it?

5. Post
    That AAA world would have been epic if you didn't have to destroy your way through it, some of the moments in BSI where awesome, the imminent fighting always ruined it.

6. Post
    Disagree, I thoroughly enjoyed the combat, but I can see where you're coming from. Some people thought the exact same thing about TLoU, though that had probably the most enjoyable 3rd person combat mechanics I've ever seen, so I guess it comes down to what you like.

I was kinda hoping that if Irrational were to stop doing BS titles that they'd retire the IP completely but I guess that doesn't mean we won't see any more quality titles in the universe - I just think they'll feel disconnected from the worlds they created from BS1 and BS.

At any rate, I'm gonna be all over whatever Irrational makes next, no doubt!

7. Post
    I find their decision....

...slightly irrational.

...sorry

8. Post
    A big THANK YOU to all of the "Bioshock Infinite should've been an adventure game " vocal minority assholes. Looks like he took it to heart and thus will be making glorified indie games now. The gaming blogosphere is the real cancer of industry.

Levine brought strong characterisation and writing to the AAA market with the Bioshock games. This is why we can't have nice things.
    Last edited by EvaUnit02; 19th February 2014 at 9:34 am.

9. Post
    That's a pretty ****ing huge assumption to make. People change, and as he said, he's been there for 17 years.

10. Post
    On the hand though, he did make the worst Bioshock games.

RIP 2K Marin, TBH. In retrospect the original vision for The Bureau looked awesome. We could've had a neato 1950's X-Files-esque paranormal investigation game, but the internet ruined it and what did we end up with instead? A soulless Mass Effect clone.

11. Post
    Eva's off his meds!

12. Post
    How so? Even if people didn't actually like the combat mechanics I thought they were pretty consistent...

13. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    A big THANK YOU to all of the "Bioshock Infinite should've been an adventure game " vocal minority assholes. Looks like he took it to heart and thus will be making glorified indie games now. The gaming blogosphere is the real cancer of industry.

Levine brought strong characterisation and writing to the AAA market with the Bioshock games. This is why we can't have nice things.
    Dont make assumptions, and quit it with the angry entitled gamer bull****.

Based on discussions I've had today with people who ACTUALLY know members of the Irrational team. The reason has NOTHING at all to do with with the minimal complaints leveled at the game, so stop making assumptions based on nothing and take a Valium. If you think for a second that the team behind a MASSIVELY successful and critically lauded title are swayed by the complaints of a vocal minority then you really need to step back and get some perspective.

BSI almost broke many people in the team apparently. A highly stressful and demanding dev cycle. The sprints and publisher feedback took a massive toll on everyone. Levine as a result (along with a core group) are looking for a more creative and less blockbuster direction to go in. It sounds like they want to rekindle the lost passion for game design and development. Unfortunately that means almost 200 people now need to look for a new job, although 2K will take many of them on.

14. Post
    cryocore wrote:
    Dont make assumptions, and quit it with the angry entitled gamer bull****.

Based on discussions I've had today with people who ACTUALLY know members of the Irrational team. The reason has NOTHING at all to do with with the minimal complaints leveled at the game, so stop making assumptions based on nothing and take a Valium. If you think for a second that the team behind a MASSIVELY successful and critically lauded title are swayed by the complaints of a vocal minority then you really need to step back and get some perspective.

BSI almost broke many people in the team apparently. A highly stressful and demanding dev cycle. The sprints and publisher feedback took a massive toll on everyone. Levine as a result (along with a core group) are looking for a more creative and less blockbuster direction to go in. It sounds like they want to rekindle the lost passion for game design and development. Unfortunately that means almost 200 people now need to look for a new job, although 2K will take many of them on.
    this is a good post, the team isn't full of phil fish's. I'm glad that they backed down from the AAA world before the bubble burst and hopefully in future we see something that gives us the same feeling that we got playing bioshock 1 for the first time again

15. Post
    TBH tho Levine has been in this business for over a decade. I'm sure that he's pretty immune to the vocal minority.

16. Post
    PtP wrote:
    Bioshock Infinite was an inconsistent mess.
    C-, need to show your work

17. Post
    PtP wrote:
    Bioshock Infinite was an inconsistent mess.
    Best game in the series.

18. Post
    I don't think Infinite should be an adventure game, I just think in all but a few cases the combat was boring and badly paced so didn't do the rest of the game justice.

19. Post
    I really enjoy reading interviews with Levine for some reason, he seems like a good chap

20. Post
    Bobs wrote:
    Best game in the series.
    Nup, tis second to the original.

21. Post
    Nah, it's definitely the best, for all these lots of reasons and stuff

22. Post
    Good riddance!

That's what you get for making 1999 mode.

Nah jokes Great storytelling. I wonder if they will sell the IP.

23. Post
    Skorky wrote:
    Nah, it's definitely the best, for all these lots of reasons and stuff
    TOTES NOT, see these. Them be awesomer reasons than yours. FARK EWES! CANT!

24. Post
    Subculture wrote:
    Good riddance!

That's what you get for making 1999 mode.

Nah jokes Great storytelling. I wonder if they will sell the IP.
    TBH 1999 mode was a disgrace. Making enemies bullet sponges does not make the game even close to a "classic" experience. I just wish all of those revealed game elements made it in. Some build choices and dynamic combat option via tears. So sad the game (as good as it was) was so much less than promised in so many ways.

25. Post
    cryocore wrote:
    TOTES NOT, see these. Them be awesomer reasons than yours. FARK EWES! CANT!
    Nah ewes boaf rong and hairs y see. Al dees resons n shiz wif Marios.