IKEA rumour

Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.67 average.
(3 votes)
Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Post
    Jesus imagine how many people would go for the $3 big breakfasts alone. But local business will take a huge hit if that bad boy comes to town....can't see it happening to tbh.

2. Post
    About time NZ got an IKEA.

3. Post
    I have an Ikea desk. Its just a white slab of some kind of wood-derivative on legs.

Not exactly anything spesh.

4. Post
    sloane wrote:
    Jesus imagine how many people would go for the $3 big breakfasts alone. But local business will take a huge hit if that bad boy comes to town....can't see it happening to tbh.
    I forgot that Ikea's all have restaurants. Bring on decent food at reasonable prices

5. Post
    don't really like their meatballs

6. Post
    That myflatpack whimp sounds like he has the sh1ts.

7. Post
    Tormenta wrote:
    Why you don't like low cost, good quality, stylish, modern furniture?
    That's a bit generous.

There's plenty of room in Albany.

8. Post
    Hipster ****e

9. Post
    Ikea owns for flatting/renting

10. Post
    As much as I like supporting NZ companies the rubbish sold by Briscoes and TWH is ridiculously overpriced and is all designed and made in china anyway.

At least with ikea only 20% is manufactured in China.

The decline of ikea's consent due to 'traffice considerations' was just an abuse of the RMA by it's competitors, just like Foodstuffs and Progressive trying to prevent each other opening stores.
    At least the RMA is under reform now.

11. Post
    IKEA make the only decent record holding wall units I've found... so this gets a hearty +1 from me all round

12. Post
    I'd rather have a Costco. Awesomely low prices, company treats and pays its staff ridiculously well (A cashier earns $45k - $50k US a year while in Walmart they'd be lucky to be on $20k a year) and has really cheap food too to keep customers shopping. e.g. I think its $1.50 US for a hot dog and drink?

13. Post
    Wibber wrote:
    The decline of ikea's consent due to 'traffice considerations' was just an abuse of the RMA by it's competitors, just like Foodstuffs and Progressive trying to prevent each other opening stores.
    At least the RMA is under reform now.
    Foodstuffs and Progressive can get ****ed tbh, I don't know why we afford them so much protection.

14. Post
    Nocturne wrote:
    Because i'm not a 40 year year old housewife
    Cute, you haven't grown up yet. I remember when I didn't care about furniture. Sigh.

15. Post
    I for one welcome the opportunity to redecorate my stylish apartment every 6 months.

Also wish for a Costco - A tray of 24 texas muffins is about $6.

16. Post
    IF this happens I may actually be able to afford furniture!

GG Auckland rent prices...GG

17. Post
    Gah, the rumour seems to have little substance. Unlike their solidly constructed prefabricated MDF moulded bedroom kitsets

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=11212274

18. Post
    The IKEA missions in DayZ Epoch are pretty rewarding.

19. Post
    Tis sad when you are excited about a furniture store coming to New Zealand.....

20. Post
    Cheeps wrote:
    Tis sad when you are excited about a furniture store coming to New Zealand.....
    Have some level of class you warehouse scum.

21. Post
    Excitement not detected.

22. Post
    Ikea shop would be sweet

FWIW I found this shop has the same sorta stuff and really good customer service

http://www.zuca.co.nz/