Results 1,526 to 1,548 of 1548

1. Post
    Yossarian wrote:
    They're much more cautious than the "It's totally MH370 gais!" from Stuff, and add the caveats that the source they have is unofficial.
    Are we talking about the same American media who was toying with the idea MH370 might have been swallowed by a black hole? It's cool you're enjoying America, but let's not get carried away here..

2. Post
    Does this mean Malayasian Airlines will need to change their promo music from this?

3. Post
    Clavulanate wrote:
    Are we talking about the same American media who was toying with the idea MH370 might have been swallowed by a black hole? It's cool you're enjoying America, but let's not get carried away here..
    The (selected) American media is what I read (shocking!). I also quoted The Guardian, which I've always read.

Anyway, the upshot is that NZ media sucks.

4. Post
    Lol at this site:

UPDATE 06:36UTC A Chinese water bottle and an Indonesian cleaning product have washed ashore on the island of La Reunion.

BREAKING NEWS

5. Post
    Sooo... whats taking so long. Has someone shown up with a magnifying glass or not?

6. Post
    Apparently there has been confirmation that the debri is from MH370 but the French arent quite as confident as Malaysia are that its from MH370.
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-10441273.html
    http://www.stuff.co.nz/world/africa/...airlines-mh370

Flaperon part of #MH370? Malaysia: Yes. France: Probably. NTSB & Boeing: Doesn't exactly match maintenance records.
    https://twitter.com/RadiantPhysics/s...27560828047361
    Last edited by Valeyard; 6th August 2015 at 1:45 pm.

7. Post
    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=11784065

Lol at this woman.

Also I'm amazed at how much money got thrown away on this pointless exercise.

Nothing they might have learned from the wreckage could possibly have justified the cost of a 3 year search.

It's like Pike River, but on grander more foolish scale.

8. Post
    Gotta appease the victims families

9. Post
    Yeah weird how people want answers when others they know die in an accident, their bodies never to be seen again.

10. Post
    it sucks that it looks like they wont get answers. But they were burning money at this point.

11. Post
    JRS wrote:
    Gotta appease the victims families
    Which victims we talking about now? Because the NZ government's lax oversight that allowed a inherently dangerous mine to be dug and dangerous work practises to carry on unchecked make a strong case for the Crown having an ethical and moral obligation to the Pike River families.

12. Post
    WARNING: BAD TASTE POST INC

Probably cheaper for Malaysian Airlines to just buy the woman a new husband.

13. Post
    At least they know where the bodies are in Pike River's case.

14. Post
    Edward Diego wrote:
    Which victims we talking about now? Because the NZ government's lax oversight that allowed a inherently dangerous mine to be dug and dangerous work practises to carry on unchecked make a strong case for the Crown having an ethical and moral obligation to the Pike River families.
    don't count on the crown. count on winnie. woooo

15. Post
    I think for Pike River though, independent investigators have stated that the mine is too dangerous to enter. At the end of the day, yes, you need to help as much as people but the "recovery" of Pike River bodies seems dangerous and fruitless. What exactly would they even recover? The mine was a massive furnace, even the bones would have burned away.

16. Post
    Zarkov wrote:
    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=11784065

Lol at this woman.

Also I'm amazed at how much money got thrown away on this pointless exercise.

Nothing they might have learned from the wreckage could possibly have justified the cost of a 3 year search.

It's like Pike River, but on grander more foolish scale.
    Yea, I'm not sure exactly what they expect to get if said plane was found. It's not as if planes have been dropping like mad ever since because of some fault that can only be traced from the MH370 flight.

17. Post
    I think it went on so long because every time they were about to stop a new piece of wing flap would turn up or they would detect the black box beeping.

Anyone who has seen Air Crash Investigation knows that it's worth a bit of effort. It's usually something that went wrong that might happen again.

I don't know why everyone is obsessed with recovering bodies though. What am I supposed to do with some smashed up corpse. If anyone I know dies in an air crash and they try to give me the body I'll tell them they can keep it.

18. Post
    Do you think if Malasyia Air knew what caused the accident they would disclose it to the public? As in they know now and its just too dam embarrassing to tell.

I presume there is a process in place involving a 3rd party too control bullshit like this.

19. Post
    I think the best guestimate is they had a fire in the cockpit and lost air pressure and the pilots lost their shit through hypoxia before they could fix the problem.

Evidence for that is the way they suddenly swerved around, inexplicably turned off the transponder and then the plane flew in a straight line for 5 hours until they ran out of gas.

20. Post
    been on that conclusion for a very long time. carries the most logic.

21. Post
    The only other plausible scenario, that there was something wrong with the airlines pilot screening process, would involve company liability and consequent Malaysian government responsibility.

Short of a smoking gun, that was never going to happen.

I hate the way that there's no limit to spending someone else's/the taxpayers money in circumstances like this.

22. Post
    aliens.png