Results 751 to 775 of 1330

How will you prepare?

226 people have voted on this poll. You may not vote on this poll

Take emergency shelter.
21 9.29%
Leave town
29 12.83%
John Key
80 35.40%
Nothing
76 33.63%
Get extra supplies. aka Beer.
59 26.11%
:kaka
70 30.97%
Multiple Choice Poll.
  1. Post
    i like bad weather, it's comfy.

  2. Post
    i prefer volcanoes erupting.

  3. Post
    Powers out on the shore.

  4. Post
    hoe_rag wrote:
    Powers out on the shore.
    working fine here, you must be on the bad part of the shore

  5. Post
    Powers all sweet on my side of the North Shore

  6. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    working fine here, you must be on the bad part of the shore
    The north part?

  7. Post
    In the CBD, nothing but really strong winds really.

    Was a bit of rain this morning while I walked home after the dentist.

    Its like the weather gods know my pain im in and they're unleashing it for me.

  8. Post
    I'm on north shore and still have power

  9. Post
    My room keeps losing cabin pressure

    It hurts my ears

  10. Post
    Nothing but a slight bit of torrential rain this morning

  11. Post
    clockblock wrote:
    My room keeps losing cabin pressure

    It hurts my ears
    You should get some advice from the ringing ears thread. I'm sure there's something that will help you.

  12. Post
    Whoa good downpours tonight!

  13. Post
    I can see fork lightning off in the South and West (I'm in Whangarei) but it's really still and quiet here. The lightning is striking at least once a minute in the West.

    Apparently we get Auckland's weather tomorrow?

  14. Post
    Gods are trolling me, a 5 minute thunderstorm, woke me up and set off the car alarm.

  15. Post
    I thought there was no such thing as fork lightning in NZ, I for one have never seen it, only sheet

  16. Post
    a bit of rain here.. that is it..

  17. Post
    Looks like tornado weather out there. It's ominously black and still

  18. Post
    bloody noisy weather woke me up twice this week

  19. Post
    Just grey and moist in the cbd. Its pretty much your mum

  20. Post
    one_red_god wrote:
    Just grey and moist in the cbd. Its pretty much your mum
    ffs mum, this isnt the place or time.

  21. Post
    Chaosfollowsme wrote:
    I thought there was no such thing as fork lightning in NZ, I for one have never seen it, only sheet
    lolwut

    All lightning is fork lightning. When you see "sheet" lightning you're seeing the reflection of the lightning on the clouds, You just can't see the fork or the "bolt" of lightning...

  22. Post
    Chaosfollowsme wrote:
    I thought there was no such thing as fork lightning in NZ, I for one have never seen it, only sheet
    There definitely is - here's some hitting Sky Tower in Auckland;


    I actually saw that storm, and the lightning hitting Sky Tower, whilst on the Harbour Bridge on my way to work on Queen Street from the Shore one morning.

    Was wild in Hamilton last night. Slept with the bedroom blinds open so we could enjoy the show.

  23. Post
    Its freezing

  24. Post
    cwm wrote:
    lolwut

    All lightning is fork lightning. When you see "sheet" lightning you're seeing the reflection of the lightning on the clouds, You just can't see the fork or the "bolt" of lightning...
    No they are different, also it is rather rare to get fork lightning in NZ afaik

  25. Post
    Chaosfollowsme wrote:
    No they are different, also it is rather rare to get fork lightning in NZ afaik
    According to google, he's correct.
    Have no idea of this myself =/

    But google confirms what he does, either the fork is in the clouds and you can't see it, or it's below the horizon so you can't see it.