Results 1,701 to 1,705 of 1705

1. Post
    I’m thinking of getting at least half out of the stock market by early next year. All the talk of a US recession and the yield indicators are making me nervous. Would rather take the gains I’ve made

2. Post
    gneiss wrote:
    I’m thinking of getting at least half out of the stock market by early next year. All the talk of a US recession and the yield indicators are making me nervous. Would rather take the gains I’ve made
    That plus Iran, the messes in the UK. I may be a bit paranoid but the thing is: after the peak, there's only one way things can go...

3. Post
    knack wrote:
    I'm in two minds about it.... About 4 years ago I bought some Xero shares for about $13 each. I sold them at $19.00 several months later. I did similar thing with my A2M shares, bought them at $10 last year and sold them for $15.8 last week. A2M share is nearly $17 now. It's hard to predict the market. The trouble with holding is that, the capital is tied up. I prefer trade often and making sure small gains... In a yoyo market, it works in my favor.
    well I do want to take some gains, to de risk at some point as things are looking a little too over valued, but as I said in other posts I took advantage of the low interest rates and borrowed at ~3.95% fixed for 3 years - these loans don't mature for a while so need to have the money somewhere in the meantime.

Theres always harmoney I guess, or maybe just move it to conservative funds to hold it.
    Last edited by stacrafty; 24th July 2019 at 7:23 pm. Reason: clarification

4. Post
    stacrafty wrote:
    well I do want to take some gains, to de risk at some point as things are looking a little too over valued, but as I said in other posts I took advantage of the low interest rates and borrowed at ~3.95% fixed for 3 years - these loans don't mature for a while so need to have the money somewhere in the meantime.

Theres always harmoney I guess, or maybe just move it to conservative funds to hold it.
    fwiw people have been saying that for a long time. Historically the 3m/10y inversion takes a while to play out (2-3yrs from memory)

5. Post
    Quality discussion TY