1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post
    So cloud processing is really just a fancy way of saying dedicated servers? Isn't that what people mean? Give us the ability to create our own servers.

3. Post
    It makes the "ADVANCED" AI possible.

Gosh.. That AI has to be some of the most chalenging and smart AI I have ever played in a game.... This truly is the future.

DAT CLOUD

4. Post
    To be fair the AI titans aren't too bad. I mean they won't last long for extended periods, but good enough to leave in guard mode for a few moments while you cap a point.

5. Post
    Yes it makes a good glorified turrett but wouldn't call it advanced AI.

6. Post
    What he says makes sense. For game matching, your not hitting a single server, your hitting clusters all across azure, which means you're not constantly having to find server after server to play on for skill matching etc. I don't think this can be done on dedicated servers.

7. Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the skill matching stuffed at the moment too? You go the prestige players being matched with low levels.

8. Post
    Sounds like csgo match making

9. Post
    Subculture wrote:
    Yes it makes a good glorified turrett but wouldn't call it advanced AI.
    It would completely wonky up the balancing if Auto-Titans had any better AI than they do now.. Guard mode AI is smart enough to be effective, not smart enough to render piloting a Titan worthless however.

10. Post
    Yeah but Respawn shouldn't claim that Azure Cloud allowed them to run "advanced" AI when the AI is far from "advanced".

11. Post
    sounds like an excuse to market the cloud, like EA forcing online for Sim City even though it didn't actually need it, in fact the offline mode goes live today (a YEAR later). Can't be a coincidence they start trying to the justify Titanfall's cloud the same time Sim City goes offline, they're just shifting their sights to their next online game. EA probably learned from that and decided to integrate more of Titanfall online so they don't make the same mistake twice.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/rej.../1100-6418378/

12. Post
    Ok, maybe I'm a bit thick but how exactly is this offloading CPU cycles and "using the power of the cloud" to actually process more data to the game. It sounds more and more like nothing but hype and bullsh*t at this stage. Even the extra assets crap sounds suspect. I mean look at the game on a low end RIG the detail may be reduced but the in game AI and models are the same, and its surely not using the magical XBOne cloud.

13. Post
    Subculture wrote:
    It makes the "ADVANCED" AI possible.

Gosh.. That AI has to be some of the most chalenging and smart AI I have ever played in a game.... This truly is the future.

DAT CLOUD
    Yeah the AI is pretty good, Spectre's will use the appropriate weapon and can navigate the map in 3D. If you let them gather around your Titan expect a barrage of rockets to take you down ASAP.

I just jumped when I was defending an objective, watching out for players and a Spectre dropped down in front of me

14. Post
    cryocore wrote:
    Ok, maybe I'm a bit thick but how exactly is this offloading CPU cycles and "using the power of the cloud" to actually process more data to the game. It sounds more and more like nothing but hype and bullsh*t at this stage. Even the extra assets crap sounds suspect. I mean look at the game on a low end RIG the detail may be reduced but the in game AI and models are the same, and its surely not using the magical XBOne cloud.
    is there any way to tell whats not being offloaded to the cloud?