1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post
    Well it certainly looks pretty. Shame its nothing like the "spiritual successor" to Baldur's Gate that the series started out as. Seems biowEAr are continuing to move towards being a console developer and making hack n slash RPGs (not that there's anything wrong with that genre.

Will check it out, which is more than I thought I would do after that pile o sh*t DA2

3. Post
    I'll definitely get it. While Bioware do seem to be on the slide I'm willing to give them another go.

The pre-order for the Deluxe Edition seems to be directly from the website at the moment and it's $100. I presume that's USD. Ouch.

4. Post
    I loved the first one, skipped the second and I'm now way on board for the third.

5. Post
    Bobs wrote:
    The pre-order for the Deluxe Edition seems to be directly from the website at the moment and it's $100. I presume that's USD. Ouch.
    Buy it from Mexican Origin through a proxy. 2 days ago I purchased Titanfall Digital Deluxe Edition this way and paid ~$54 NZD (45 USD) vs. $93.50 NZD (current price on NZ Origin).

6. Post
    hmmm, really want to get this but i am wary after the button smashing rubbish that is DA2... hopefully some better gameplay vids show more in the coming months. I do not have any confidence in Bioware anymore , they like cryocore says is moving towards the console audiences than PC.

7. Post
    Bloody wrote:
    hmmm, really want to get this but i am wary after the button smashing rubbish that is DA2
    Did you only play it on Xbox/PS3? Fully patched up DA2 PC version on Hard difficulty could kick you arse badly if you didn't play tactically, ultilising the RTwP features and AI command programming to their full extent. This largely applies to boss battles.

8. Post
    My dad keeps saying that DA2 was better than the first...

9. Post
    Your dad is wrong and you should make him feel bad for holding that opinion.

10. Post
    bang ya dead wrote:
    Your dad is wrong and you should make him feel bad for holding that opinion.
    Most of what he plays are bioware games.

11. Post
    I wish it was more like Baldur's Gate tbh.

DA2 was really lazy and pretty much had the same dungeons over and over again.

One major issue i have with all this footage is everything looks weightless.

12. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    Did you only play it on Xbox/PS3? Fully patched up DA2 PC version on Hard difficulty could kick you arse badly if you didn't play tactically, ultilising the RTwP features and AI command programming to their full extent. This largely applies to boss battles.
    Which would almost be OK if it wasn't for the additional from nowhere enemy spawns, and the fact that its still the same action oriented mechanics being (badly) disguised as being more tactical than it actually is. RTwP here is tacked on and not actually how its designed to be played, and that shows in every fight.

13. Post
    I love it how alot of sites are calling it a gameplay trailer when there is very little of that shown and they are copping so much flak for it, so i'm just gonna follow suit what gameplay??

14. Post
    It looks pretty but does it play like the first?

I enjoyed the first game because of its tactical approach to RPG combat, no2 was like a third person hack and slash which is why I never touched it.

If the gameplay isn't like the first, then no buy.

It may be a no buy anyway, just because that voice acting is the worst I've heard in quite some time

15. Post
    cryocore wrote:
    Which would almost be OK if it wasn't for the additional from nowhere enemy spawns, and the fact that its still the same action oriented mechanics being (badly) disguised as being more tactical than it actually is. RTwP here is tacked on and not actually how its designed to be played, and that shows in every fight.
    Uh-huh. Try to play the fully patched PC version on Hard or Nightmare as a dumb real-time hack 'n slash action game, we'll see how long you last. The fact of the matter is there's still a classic post-1998, multi-party CRPG experience to be had there - under the right conditions of course.