Page 8 of 8 First ... 5678

1. Post
    Based Trevorrow understands that fans are your customers!
    http://boundingintocomics.com/2018/0...an-criticisms/

Anyway Fallen Kingdom was incredibly stupid but so much fun to watch!

2. Post
    A big pile of hot mess just like the first one. Dumb as ****. It's almost on the same level as Transformers - just rehashing the IP for a new generation, not bothering about making quality films and making lots of cash in the process.

3. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    Based Trevorrow understands that fans are your customers!
    http://boundingintocomics.com/2018/0...an-criticisms/

Anyway Fallen Kingdom was incredibly stupid but so much fun to watch!
    Wow, that's such a night and day difference from Rian "It's the children who are wrong" Johnson. TBH he should probably be kept away from the writing side, but so refreshing to have a big budget pop-culture-ish director be rational and empathetic these days..

4. Post
    Personally I think that's a load of weak bullshit, reflected in the fact that Rian's movie at least had a vision and Jurassic World certainly does not.

5. Post
    Valeo wrote:
    Personally I think that's a load of weak bullshit, reflected in the fact that Rian's movie at least had a vision and Jurassic World certainly does not.
    I mean, you're not wrong, but getting all angry and defensive when your vision proves unpopular just comes across as rather immature to me.

6. Post
    I don't think any creator should ever create things specifically for the fans or the audience. Art needs to satisfy yourself first. Only then will it resonate with others. Caring too much about what you think the audience wants is a surefire way to deliver mediocrity.

7. Post
    Agree. It's too easy for directors to play it safe and deliver by-the-book, routine, predictable, on-rails bullshit like this movie just to make a billion dollars.

In saying that though, I never forget (even before walking into the cinema) that we're all suckers and enablers for handing over our money and spending our time because that just further enhances the reason why these kinda movies are even made. I could've just watched the trailer and be done with it. Oh well.

8. Post
    again, not wrong, I couldn't really count (Disney era) Star wars or JP film franchises as auteur artworks though. You're making them for the studio first and foremost.

9. Post
    JoeSkie wrote:

In saying that though, I never forget (even before walking into the cinema) that we're all suckers and enablers for handing over our money and spending our time because that just further enhances the reason why these kinda movies are even made. I could've just watched the trailer and be done with it. Oh well.
    I don't understand why people that already know a movie is most likely gonna be shit still wasting their time & money on them. I can understand the mindless masses forking over money for these movies but us more discerning viewers should have better judgement.

10. Post
    Why watch WWWE when you could watch UFC? Because sometimes you want a bit of camp and high-flying kayfabe theriatrics. Nothing about being a high horse discerning film buff makes it impossible to enjoy both shiney, shlockey blockbusters/B-movies and introspective french arthouse...

11. Post
    I wasn't trying to sound condescending. Just makes me cringe a bit when people go to watch a movie knowing full well it will probably suck and then complaining how shit it was after.

12. Post
    Gwarden wrote:
    I don't think any creator should ever create things specifically for the fans or the audience. Art needs to satisfy yourself first. Only then will it resonate with others. Caring too much about what you think the audience wants is a surefire way to deliver mediocrity.
    Studio blockbusters are still Big Macs and franchise fans are your customers. Burger salesmen shouldn't be shitting upon their customers publicly. If customers politely give criticisms you should respectfully acknowledge them and take the feedback. MCU movies are proof that you can have a vision and still be able to make quality burgers which will keep the customers happy. Eg Thor Ragnarok. In the past Marvel Studios have listened to customer feedback and improved their products for the better, ie the under-written villains. Phase 3 has had fleshed out villains such as Thanos, Vulture, Killmonger and Ego.
    Last edited by EvaUnit02; 17th September 2019 at 12:36 am.

13. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    I don't understand why people that already know a movie is most likely gonna be shit still wasting their time & money on them. I can understand the mindless masses forking over money for these movies but us more discerning viewers should have better judgement.
    Yep that's right. For some people it's a guilty pleasure. Tbh I saw this movie for nostalgia reasons. I am a huge fan of the first Jurassic Park movie. But after seeing this one, I'm not going to spend any more money on this franchise from now on. Lesson learned.

14. Post
    The montage at the end with the dinosaurs out in the world was cool. Didn't make any sense but none of it does.

I wonder what they will do for the next one.

15. Post
    BATTLE AT BIG ROCK is an all-new short film directed by Colin Trevorrow, written by Trevorrow and Emily Carmichael.
    This short film is much better than Fallen Kingdom.

16. Post
    Lol I like the edited YouTube clips at the end.

17. Post
    Laura Dern, Sam Neill, Jeff Goldblum are returning for Jurassic World 3.

http://collider.com/jurassic-world-3...jeff-goldblum/

18. Post
    wowza

19. Post
    I completely forgot there had already been a 2nd one