Page 1 of 3 123 Last

1. Post

What's there to do way down South Auckland?

I'm taking a girl out tomorrow night. She lives in Waiuku so I'm picking her up from there. I'd rather not drive super far (like to Sylvia Park) just to do something from her place. What's there to do on a weeknight in those suburbs far south?

We're in our early 20s, and I'd want to go somewhere low key/casual that isn't dodgy. Like a pool hall, or a cool lookout point or anything you can think of that sounds suitable.

Throw me some ideas please, dem Tinder dates finally coming! :P

2. Post
    maccas than hoon her in the back seat.

3. Post
    liquidpain wrote:
    hoon her in the back seat.
    That's a good night out!

4. Post
    I'm sure Kevin can Google this for you.

5. Post
    lol waiuku. even pukekohe town center is empty on a friday night

6. Post
    Pvt.Jordy wrote:
    That's a good night out!
    Get in there son!

CLAP DEM CHEEKS!

7. Post
    Take her to the beach so she can watch you drown

8. Post
    Probably go to Pukekohe, have a meal at one of the many restaurants, and then go to the cinema? 20min from Waiuku. There's a few "middle-class" bars as well if that's more your style.

In Waiuku itself there is "Barb's Bar & Diner" (formally Wolf & Beaver) that's a pretty good pub/bar and the food ain't bad.

9. Post
    Its raining so it has to be kinda indoors? Or sheltered. Be cool if there was some stuff like the Mission Bay bunker there (minus the hobos and scum)

10. Post
    There is Agave Restaurant on the cliff tops of Karioitahi Beach, that's about 8min from Waiuku. Have your wallet ready though, it's not the cheapest.

11. Post
    Is there a bar on said clifftops?

12. Post
    Why don't you go all out and purchase yourselves some Happy Meals from McDonalds Pukekohe.

13. Post
    Mutton wrote:
    Take her to the beach so she can watch you drown
    Something something all saints pure shores

14. Post
    Playing pool with girls is frustrating cos they're just fking around.

Unless they actually know how to play, then it's on

15. Post
    Tormenta wrote:
    Playing pool with girls is frustrating cos they're just fking around.

Unless they actually know how to play, then it's on
    Thats why you play a different definition of pool.

16. Post
    Swimming, right?

17. Post
    if you dont mind driving as far as manukau :
    http://www.1981.co.nz/
    or perhaps
    http://www.celsiusbar.co.nz/ @ Botany Junction.

18. Post
    mmd: You're rich, right? I know a nice little Italian place you can take her to, if she doesn't mind the 20 hour flight to Italy.

19. Post
    mmd wrote:
    Is there a bar on said clifftops?
    Don't think so, but don't know for sure. Plus it's the kind of place you book.

http://www.castaways.co.nz/welcome/restaurant/

Probably more of a 2nd or 3rd date thing...

20. Post
    mmd wrote:
    She lives in Waiuku
    I thought you were supposed to be our resident swinging big dick playa, not this desperate. =s,

21. Post
    s0cks wrote:
    Don't think so, but don't know for sure. Plus it's the kind of place you book.

http://www.castaways.co.nz/welcome/restaurant/

Probably more of a 2nd or 3rd date thing...

Been there, not too bad if you don't mind black sand getting into every crevice :P

22. Post
    A bar/restaurant in Pukekohe is probably your best bet. I used to empty the bins at Poco Loco on Queen Street and their refuse smelled SOSOOSOSOOSOSOSOSO GOOD.

Oh, and I actually ate there properly once. Was good.

23. Post
    Take her and her whole family out around Mangere Bridge on a dingy built to hold 2 people, lifejackets are not allowed.

24. Post
    Pizza box. Best pizza ever.

25. Post
    teelo6 wrote:
    mmd: You're rich, right? I know a nice little Italian place you can take her to, if she doesn't mind the 20 hour flight to Italy.
    Where in the **** did you get the idea that I'm rich? You got me wrong, son.

- - - Updated - - -

Conebeast wrote:
    I thought you were supposed to be our resident swinging big dick playa, not this desperate. =s,
    Her 'rents live here, not her. She's here for a few days and back to Wellington or something. Man she's so god damn cute, I'm reeling haha.