No Man's Sky

Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
(1 vote)

1. Post
    So I was really hyped for this and was considering annual leave today to get into it.

Played 30 mins this morning in VR (OG PS4, VR version 1) using the move controllers .

At first jumping in was amazing. The resolution isn't great on PSVR (not sure if PS Pro + VR 2.0 would improve this?)

Walked up to a cliff, looked over the ocean and just felt one of this mother of god kinda moments.

Fumbled with the controls a bit, theres' a lot to get used to with the move controllers, and the space ship steering is very touchy but eventually got used to it.

Went to the space port thingy (you can summon it in space) and had a couple of other players join but the framerate dropped to like 10fps before the console crashed. This happened 3 times. On the third attempt it wouldn't let me speak to the NPC's,, I held square and it filled up the little interaction meter but nothing happened.

I died under water at one stage and the death screen was glitched to hell, then one of the laser sounds persisted after death until until I warped to another system.

Had enough of the move controls and just wanted to play properly so went back to the DS4 but felt very disconnected from the VR experience.

As soon as I got my first 'inventory full' messages honestly the NMS fatigue set back in and I was over it.

Maybe I'll store all my mats in a freighter and try again but I'm in no real hurry.

2. Post
    Yeah nah I'm out.

With the last update, I had a couple of glitches that stopped missions from progressing, another one that meant I couldn't repair the ships that you send off to do missions and stuff, so I figured I'd get into base building whilst I waited for the game to be patched. Again.

But even that was shit - doorways you couldn't walk through, you had to boost over the bottom lip. And when building, only certain things intuitively snapped to edges. I spent over an hour one time trying to manually line up some stairs to a platform I'd created - sure it's very OCD, but that kind of basic quality-of-life stuff being so broken or outright absent is unforgivable.

I nearly bounced the controller as soon as the inventory full messages started popping up. F**k sake Hello Games, just remove the inventory limit all together. Let me go and amass a ton of materials for a few hours so I can then work on my base for a few hours. All these stupid little barriers to any real progress make me hate the game.

So f**k you Sean, and your half-baked forever-glitchy piece of shit doesn't value my time game.

3. Post
    Hmmm I knew there would be a few bugs but that doesn't sound good to be fair they massively increased carrying capacity?

4. Post
    Patches already scheduled across all platforms.

Honestly if they just fix the 'inventory full' (patch notes read that there should be near limitless space now or something) then ill be happy but I have so many bizarre, weird and wonderful things stored now im afraid to bin them.

5. Post
    Yep I've got broken quests and crashes over here. Not ideal.

6. Post
    Crow#Zero wrote:
    Patches already scheduled across all platforms.

Honestly if they just fix the 'inventory full' (patch notes read that there should be near limitless space now or something) then ill be happy but I have so many bizarre, weird and wonderful things stored now im afraid to bin them.
    Yeah so they upped the amount you could store of each items to 10k from 250 but I know what you mean its individual items.

I just jammed a new game on PC (sorry ps4 bros) and it seemed find but i only got in half an hour

7. Post
    SL1CKSTA wrote:
    Yeah so they upped the amount you could store of each items to 10k from 250 but I know what you mean its individual items.
    ah i see. figured it was probably something along those lines, it was just a super common mineral i was attempting to farm so assumed the worst.

8. Post
    How do you even enable vr?

9. Post
    XSpike wrote:
    How do you even enable vr?
    My son had that same issue. Turned out he hadn’t plugged the camera in. Once he plugged it in and restarted the game it just went straight to VR

10. Post
    Yeah, mine wasn't detecting though the mic was working had to unplug replug a couple of times in tried the check camera position to see if it was detecting. Pretty cool, flight controls feel a bit weird

11. Post
    Well I'm 24 hours into the expansion/patch. Crashes are a thing they need to work on you have to save often aside from that l enjoying the gameplay itself

12. Post
    Just get the latest update (11gb) and the patch for that update (2gb)... I really love the new multiplayer system but there are few glitches on the base ship... If you build some storages, their floor became transparent and there is also a lot of flickering on the wall textures...