No Man's Sky

Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
(1 vote)

1. Post
    spent way more time in this update than I thought I would. Still battling against inventory space and other minor gripes but over all enjoying it for now. Other than a quick perv at Zombeedad's base I've still really not been fussed with multiplayer.

2. Post
    Frederick_James wrote:
    The grind is real; this element needs that ingredient, that ingredient comes from refining these two things, but I can’t do that because I don’t have a medium refiner, and how to get one is totally unclear (like this with an absolute shit-ton of things).
    This. Like I don't even know what you call this mechanic but I don't get any satisfaction from it; it's just annoying. I can't even load my Boltcaster, even though I somehow crafted ammo for it - how the **** i shoot this bish so I can mine resource depots :mad:

3. Post
    ^ Yeah, i think you just have the projectile ammo in your inventory. I kept crafting it until i had a thousand rounds, and when i went to my Boltcaster it said 64/1000.

4. Post
    Okay, the graphical bugs and quirks i can get over, the ones that stop you progressing with stuff i can't.

Yesterday i had the frigate repair bug and the base research bug. You can't repair your frigate, says a component is damaged, but you can't identify the component, you go back to your ship, it says "Yay! Repairs complete", but then when you fly away it goes back to saying it needs repair. People on the NMS sub-Reddit have said that it is actually repaired, just send it off on missions anyway - some have had no problems, others have had the frigate destroyed whilst on the mission. I sent mine off on a mission anyway, so will see how it goes. Don't really GAF eh.

The base research one is where it says you can now research more stuff at your base, but you go to the base computer, and it doesn't give you the option to research, only upload, rename, delete. The red base mission icon actually shows on your freighter. I heard about a fix that suggested calling the freighter to you whilst you were at your base, which i did, but now the red base icon is floating in space where the f**kin freighter was. There's also some convoluted fix that involved warping to a new system, setting up another base, calling the freighter to you there, some other steps ..... stuff that.

In terms of gameplay mechanics and things to do, the game is great. Jankiness i can accept, but shit like these bugs above are super-frustrating. It's finally the game it should be, but this lack of polish is making it really hard to love.

5. Post
    sounds very much like when I got stuck in the Artemus story, a number of times. Basically, do something. I can't. No, just do it. Like dude, I can't, there's no blue print. Or the guy isn't giving me the right voice lines. Google it. Sure enough, bug. Wait for a fix. zzzzzzz

6. Post
    It's really giving me the shits - i want to love it, i really do want to love it, but i think i'm going to shelve it for a while.

7. Post
    Okay, f**k this game - patch 1.53 has dropped; base bug is still there, but it said my expedition was completed successfully, so i toodle off to my freighter for the debrief, only to find that my frigate was destroyed whilst on the expedition!

Nah, I’m done. Seriously, f**k this game.

8. Post
    I bought this game today quite cheaply off a fat kid on Facebook I don't think he knew about the new update. Can't wait to give it a play.

9. Post
    Bought this last weekend and been really enjoying it all week, but ran into a couple of bugs last night

Basically points of interest were disappearing and then nothing showing up when using the signal booster. Particularly annoying as I had dumped a lot of resources into a drop pod to repair and when I went to find it to finish off after gathering the remaining resources, I couldn’t track it down.

Hopefully it was just a dodgy planet and a one off, but its a bit of a concern reading about how buggy the game can be.

10. Post
    I was given a monolith to investigate, I flew to the planet but I couldn’t get close to it, the ETA kept getting shorter and longer as if the thing was moving. Clearly a bug, so I gave up.

They really needed to make this universe smaller and more interesting and bug free and the crafting more intuitive

11. Post
    Fark this game is bullshit! Fired up the PS4 to see update 1.54 has been released. Checked it out - base bug still there, but my destroyed frigate had returned, yay! So I send it on an expedition, and it comes back fine. Send it on another expedition and it gets damaged. Recall it, repair the one component that needs repairing, take off ...... only for it to say that a component still needs repairing!

I’m fully done with this game now - they fix the frigate bug, kind of, but not properly; I mean seriously, what the actual f**k?
    Last edited by Frederick James; 8th August 2018 at 10:51 pm. Reason: Typo

12. Post
    Lol for good this time, you sure?

13. Post
    Until the next update anyway.... I check them out to see if the bugs are fixed .... then rage when they’re not ..... but still check with every update *sigh*

I want the game to be awesome, and I will keep giving it a chance. But the game-breaking progression-halting jankiness shits me. I’m torn. Cut me some slack mate, I’m a complicated individual!!!!!!!

14. Post
    So sounds like update 1.55 addresses these two issues I’ve been having. Been playing Far Cry 5, but will have a crack at NMS tomorrow, see how it is.

15. Post
    Anyone managed to grab a whispering egg? Even with my 1337 mouse and keyboard combo I still can't seem to clear enough of those ****ers to make the loot drop.

16. Post
    They the Alien-esque things outside abandoned buildings?

17. Post
    So with the whispering eggs, you just shoot them with the mining laser until the larval core pops out, grab it, then jetpack up to the top of the building (or sneak inside it). The biological horrors don't follow you, and if you're quick enough they do very little damage.

The 1.55 update has fixed the 'base building bug', but despite the patch notes saying that a number of bugs with frigates have been addressed, the 'frigate repair bug' persists *sigh*

18. Post
    Frederick James wrote:
    So with the whispering eggs, you just shoot them with the mining laser until the larval core pops out, grab it, then jetpack up to the top of the building (or sneak inside it). The biological horrors don't follow you, and if you're quick enough they do very little damage.

The 1.55 update has fixed the 'base building bug', but despite the patch notes saying that a number of bugs with frigates have been addressed, the 'frigate repair bug' persists *sigh*
    Yeah I finally realised I should just jump on the base, they're not even worth that much. The 1.57 patch on PC has caused my PC to chugggg when loading the game, but I suspect it's a 1-off (when loading shaders). Glad it's still getting so much development.

19. Post
    Next huge update + PSVR should drop today or tomorrow I think

20. Post
    Crow, let me know what you think of it in VR. This just may be what makes me buy a unit if VR reviews are good.

21. Post
    My son will be straight on it Veg, I’ll let you know. He’s been getting excited about it for weeks and counting down days.

22. Post
    Will also be interesting to see VR for no mans sky can't wait!

23. Post
    I have it too, and VR - will post my thoughts when it drops.

24. Post
    I'll be keen for some MP once the update is out, haven't touched the game, waiting for this VR update

25. Post
    Patch notes are out and the update is out on PS4
    https://www.nomanssky.com/beyond-update/