Tech Deals

Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average.
(6 votes)
Results 6,676 to 6,700 of 6702

1. Post
    doabackflip wrote:
    is this a good deal? seems pretty good for a 70" 4k TV but can't seem to find any reviews?

I think it's a good deal. If you want 70" size then there are not very many options and I think it is an excellent deal. 75" is a huge jump in price. 65" is quite a bit smaller but there are more higher end models that you can consider. I've seen this model in the shop and the picture is pretty good. It didn't have full array local dimming

2. Post
    brand wrote:
    I think it is high time we had a thread of good tech deals

Mainly because Amazon currently has an unbelievable price on the Nexus 7 16GB and there was nowhere for me to post it:
    Nexus 7 from Google (7-Inch, 16 GB, Black) $169

Note: It is currently back ordered on Amazon so you get taken to the Marketplace seller with available stock. You need to choose other sellers and select Amazon.
    Thank you

- - - Updated - - -

kiwijunglist wrote:
    I think it's a good deal. If you want 70" size then there are not very many options and I think it is an excellent deal. 75" is a huge jump in price. 65" is quite a bit smaller but there are more higher end models that you can consider. I've seen this model in the shop and the picture is pretty good. It didn't have full array local dimming
    Nice thank you

3. Post
    Can someone ban this user already.

TIA.

4. Post
    Fantastic wrote:
    Thank you
    - - - Updated - - -
    Nice thank you
    Thank you, next.

5. Post
    focus wrote:
    Thank you, next.
    where's the ban hammer?

6. Post
    Ryzen 2600's are $265 bucks right now. Seriously tempting me to buying a gaming setup

7. Post
    SheepShagger556 wrote:
    Ryzen 2600's are $265 bucks right now. Seriously tempting me to buying a gaming setup
    Best part is in 5 months time chuck in the next gen of Ryzens

8. Post
    Yeah that's my thinking, get a good b450 mobo like the mortar with good vrms for an 8 core.

9. Post
    ~$265 was the standard price a few months back. Must've been low supply/high demand recently since none of the other Ryzen CPUs really changed much, while the 2600 got close to $350 at one point.

10. Post
    huntakillaz wrote:
    3 120mm Fans + Lighting Node Pro
    Super Cheap!

Corsair LL120 Dual Light Loop RGB PWM 120mm LED 3-pack

Order Summary
    Items: NZD 48.66
    Shipping & handling: NZD 15.77
    Total before tax: NZD 64.43
    Estimated tax to be collected: NZD 0.00
    Order total: NZD 64.43

https://www.cheapies.nz/node/18539 (discussion)
    Direct Link https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075VGN4M1/
    God damm it i wish i seen this i just got a pack off trademe for 150 zzzzz

I have a 3 pack of the HD 140mm so the LL will be a nice upgrade but dammm could of saved heaps

11. Post
    I wish I didn't see that having just bought 4x ML's

12. Post

13. Post
    What a bargain, I'll rush out to get one. I need something to hold my front door open in this heat.

14. Post
    don't know if this is supposed to be a legit price, but FWIW my order got fulfilled. if you are in the market for watercooling tubing:
    https://www.computerlounge.co.nz/component s/componentview.asp?partid=23867

sells for $10 cheaper/meter than the other colors. I suspect it might be a typo price though....

15. Post
    HELL KNIGHT wrote:
    What a bargain, I'll rush out to get one. I need something to hold my front door open in this heat.
    a heater that will break in a couple months lol

16. Post
    hell knight wrote:
    what a bargain, i'll rush out to get one. I need something to hold my front door open in this heat.
    blacked
    l
    a
    c
    k
    e
    d

17. Post
    RTX 2080 now selling under $1000
    Granted average brand but reference (founders edition) PCB so the VRMs etc should be fine, cooler according to Reddit user reviews is okay nothing special but not a super warm card. Also it has the TU104-400A-A1 (presumably) better binned means it has a factory OC anyway
    It also includes BF5, Anthem and 3dmark.

Presumably fans are worse quality than other cards cause I don't know of any other way they could really save money on it.

Anyway
    https://www.mightyape.co.nz/product/...s_components_2

18. Post
    Excellent value

Before the 1080ti went out of sale - the cheapest models were still around $1200 right?
    So slightly faster and $999 - excellent value

Yes it's pre overclocked - 40mhz higher boost clock than stock

19. Post
    SL1CKSTA wrote:
    RTX 2080 now selling under $1000
    $0.01 under... can't you just call it $1k?

It has dropped from what it was but hard to call it a bargain.

20. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    Excellent value

Before the 1080ti went out of sale - the cheapest models were still around $1200 right?
    So slightly faster and $999 - excellent value

Yes it's pre overclocked - 40mhz higher boost clock than stock
    Yeah the OC is really small but it basically confirms its the better binned TU104-400A-A1 rather than the TU104-400-A1.

But IDK if Nvidia has a more specific binning process for the likes of the Strix etc

I struggle to see where they really cut corners on this card unless there is a bait and switch with the reference PCB or something similar... The reference PCB is actually fairly decent you could easily put a water block on it and OC it.

21. Post
    brand wrote:
    $0.01 under... can't you just call it $1k?

It has dropped from what it was but hard to call it a bargain.
    I paid $100 less for my 1080 just less than 2 years ago sooo its not bad the 2080 is a reasonable amount faster particularly at higher resolutions

Edit: also the reason I stated it was under $1000 is its somewhat a milestone as this is the cheapest I have seen a 2080

Edit2: Its also cheaper than in the US with out GST or shipping
    Name:  Final.png
Views: 254
Size:  221.7 KB
    Last edited by SL1CKSTA; 13th February 2019 at 7:52 pm.

22. Post

23. Post
    not a bad price all things considered.

24. Post
    Can't find anything online to show any real analysis of pcb, cooler. Would still recommend paying extra on a model we know is reliable over paying bottom dollar for an unknown but I guess I'm risk averse.

Holy ****ing lol @ there being $900 between the cheapest and priciest 2080.
    Last edited by iRoN; 13th February 2019 at 10:43 pm. Reason: Tech deals not tech discussion

25. Post
    Here is the thing

There are 2070's that are more expensive than that 2080 - I can guarantee you even if it was stock, that 2080 will be faster than the 2070s that cost more

The cheapest custom PCB 2080 on CL is $1400 - is paying nearly 50% more worth it for a card that might run a little cooler and have a tiny bit performance?