Tech Deals

Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average.
(6 votes)

1. Post
    Dell also has an outlet store

http://www.dell.com/learn/nz/en/nzdh...dell-outlet-nz

Some good discounts the odd time, often they neglect to update it for ages

2. Post
    For anyone with a mechanical keyboard, massdrop has a full set of thick PBT keycaps for US$34.99 + shipping. Cheapest price I've seen these for anywhere.

3. Post
    Mushkin Chronos Deluxe 240GB - $150

Cheapest SSD around this size I've been able to find. Ordered one the other night and hoping the deal is still going on Thursday so I can pick up another(Razerfoot, if you're reading this, make sure the deal is still on for me )

4. Post
    holy ****? thats a great deal

5. Post
    What are mushkin ssd drives like though? I don't know much about them. Anyone got feedback to provide on them?

6. Post
    According to all the benchmarks I've seen, they perform rather well, maybe not quite as good as something like the Samsung Evo series, but close to it. Once I get a second one I'll be running them in Raid 0 so performance won't be an issue.

7. Post
    Tempted for xbox one storage. But they have a 250GB minimum requirement...annoying.

8. Post
    They seem to be a low tier SSD, but that's still miles faster than an HDD, and you can't argue with the price.

9. Post
    http://www.antec.com/pdf/flyers/Nine...3_EN_Flyer.pdf - I have one of these cases, it already has an SSD in it, will i be able to stash an extra one in there still?

Edit: clarifying post for my newb question
    Last edited by Infuriation; 13th August 2014 at 3:14 pm.

10. Post
    Yes.

11. Post
    Deal was too good to pass up getting a second one.

Name:  10530932_10154446838365371_6530397013196234457_n.jpg
Views: 530
Size:  61.5 KB

12. Post
    Is this a sale thing? Or is that the standard retail for those chronos?

13. Post
    Currently a sale going on at CLounge, down from $180 to $150

14. Post
    The price is good for local but nothing special compared to online.

Rather than buying two you would be better off getting the Crucial MX100 512GB for $212 from Amazon

15. Post
    It's about $5 more than buying a 256GB MX100 from Amazon.

16. Post
    brand wrote:
    The price is good for local but nothing special compared to online.

Rather than buying two you would be better off getting the Crucial MX100 512GB for $212 from Amazon
    ****, NZD$267 delivered. I don't even need one and I'm tempted.

17. Post
    rofl got one last month and it arrived in 5 days ($18NZD shipping)

18. Post
    EzyE wrote:
    ****, NZD$267 delivered. I don't even need one and I'm tempted.
    Yeah the prices are great these days(and $50 cheaper than NZ retail)

19. Post
    Agreed, can usually find a bit cheaper from Amazon. I'm not too fussed, the local warranty and being able to grab it that day usually outweigh the savings for me these days.

20. Post
    To be fair local prices for SSDs have improved dramatically -for the longest time they were stuck at $2/GB no matter what international prices were doing...

21. Post
    Dr. Acula13 wrote:
    Agreed, can usually find a bit cheaper from Amazon. I'm not too fussed, the local warranty and being able to grab it that day usually outweigh the savings for me these days.
    Last SSD I RMA'd from Amazon cost me like $16 to send back, not really an issue when you're saving so much.

22. Post
    bzE wrote:
    Last SSD I RMA'd from Amazon cost me like $16 to send back, not really an issue when you're saving so much.
    Was that back to Amazon or the manufacturer? Usually Amazon will pay for return postage and express ship you a replacement right away -great customer service

23. Post
    Manufacturer.

24. Post
    After 30 days after purchase from Amazon, you're on your own.

25. Post
    Yeah I had this SSD just shy of manufacturer warranty.