Tech Deals

Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average.
(6 votes)
Results 6,701 to 6,725 of 6970

1. Post
    iRoN wrote:
    Can't find anything online to show any real analysis of pcb, cooler. Would still recommend paying extra on a model we know is reliable over paying bottom dollar for an unknown but I guess I'm risk averse.

Holy ****ing lol @ there being $900 between the cheapest and priciest 2080.
    I found PCB photos the same as the 2080 founders. Founders 2080 and INNO3D 2080

Also OCnet have a list

Point is its a really good deal for a RTX 2080 I think so I purchased one

2. Post
    Given what people will pay for bad value gains these days, I'll say many will say yes. Same reason people pay close to 3k for a 2080ti. Doesn't make sense compared to the cheaper models, but still common to see.

3. Post
    Just picked one of these up from JB for $347. Its $250 cheaper than the next lowest price according to pricespy

Panasonic SC-HTB690 3.1 Channel Soundbar

https://www.jbhifi.co.nz/headphones-...undbar/293705/

4. Post
    SanDisk SSD PLUS 1TB US$99.99

Deal ends in about 2 hours.

5. Post
    Got a 1tb Samsung 860 for $179 at PBtech

6. Post

7. Post
    Pb tech has some models of RTX 2060 from 599, is it worth it over a r9 fury atm?

8. Post
    Intel SSD 660p Series (1.0TB M.2 80mm PCIe 3.0 x 4 3D2 QLC) 2 2281" (978350)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...7-a6f1a82fa407

$192NZD. Cheap as chips

9. Post
    That's a good deal! ^

10. Post
    krashersmasher wrote:
    That's a good deal! ^
    Indeed, was initially put off by the endurance of QLC drives but it has a 5 year warranty with it so its no worries.

11. Post
    I have a 2tb one for mass storage in my itx box, as long as you arent writing lots of huge files to the drive all at once its fine

12. Post
    Andrewthenoob wrote:
    Indeed, was initially put off by the endurance of QLC drives but it has a 5 year warranty with it so its no worries.
    The idea of QLC is scary but since the move to 3D NAND channel sizes have shot back up again significantly.

On the other hand voltage tolerances would be extremely tight.

So still a little bit scary.

13. Post

14. Post
    brand wrote:
    C16 2400, ewww

15. Post
    MrCake wrote:
    C16 2400, ewww
    Go on then tell everybody how many extra FPS lower latancy RAM will get you...

16. Post
    brand wrote:
    My timespy cpu score increased by 12% moving from c16 2400mhz to c14 3200mhz if that helps

As for games, this is the closest comparison I could find and it looks like a pretty decent jump

Even Intel gets nice gains

17. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    Even Intel gets nice gains
    These were done at 1080p, so wonder if there's a bigger gain on 1440p to 4k? this I'd like to know

18. Post
    brand wrote:
    It's not all about lower latency, clock speed is pretty important too. Slow speed, high latency memory will hold back games for sure. You'll see benches showing this everywhere.

Weegee wrote:
    These were done at 1080p, so wonder if there's a bigger gain on 1440p to 4k? this I'd like to know
    Will be covered on youtube, i'm 100% sure of that. If you're GPU can't handle 1440P / 4k, then it will be less likely to have decent gains. Since the whole system is being bottlenecked.

19. Post
    Tech deals pls.

20. Post
    Shittiest thread on GP

21. Post
    Kog wrote:
    This thread is so shit
    Kog wrote:
    I'll just stick to cheapies
    Kog wrote:
    Shittiest thread on GP
    Your contribution in the last 150 posts. Nothing. Except you saying how shit the thread is, yet you keep coming back to post your trash. Trash poster gonna trash. Do us all a favour and go away?

22. Post
    That's because the last 150 posts are mostly trash

23. Post
    Is 3600mhz ram affordable yet?

24. Post
    And here I thought 2400 was mainstream...

25. Post
    Kog wrote:
    That's because the last 150 posts are mostly trash
    Step 1: Scroll to the top of the page
    Step 2: Click on the little star icon that says unsubscribe
    Step 3: Profit.