Tech Deals

Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average.
(6 votes)
Results 6,601 to 6,625 of 6903

1. Post
    13% is pretty boss eh, I don't think I've seen it that high before.

2. Post
    Name:  WhatsApp Image 2018-12-28 at 10.38.43 AM.jpeg
Views: 980
Size:  173.8 KB
    Is this any good?

3. Post
    Found specs

https://www.displayspecifications.com/en/model/433c1406

About what you expect for the price

3840x2160 resolution, 60hz refresh rate, 300nit max brightness, 8 bit native colour output + upscale FRC “10 bit” colour output, Edge lit VA panel

4. Post
    Thanks! I had trouble finding those.

5. Post
    Man crazy to think how cheap tv's are if you really think about it.

I really should update my 43 inch but honestly I barely use the TV.

6. Post
    Bobs wrote:
    Man crazy to think how cheap tv's are if you really think about it.

I really should update my 43 inch but honestly I barely use the TV.
    Yep it’s crazy how cheap 55 inch 4K tvs have become
    It’s essentially super mainstream now

7. Post
    wtf thats an amazing deal... those specs say that TV is HDR10, HLG and Dolby Vision certified? I find it hard to believe.

8. Post
    Yeah anyone want to give their thoughts on that TV? If its HDR then it seems like an incredible deal!

9. Post
    lueyyou wrote:
    Yeah anyone want to give their thoughts on that TV? If its HDR then it seems like an incredible deal!
    It is boggling my mind eh, on paper it sounds amazing, too good to be true. I'd have to see it with my own eyes.

10. Post
    pyronical wrote:
    It is boggling my mind eh, on paper it sounds amazing, too good to be true. I'd have to see it with my own eyes.
    I'm gonna go in tomorrow and check it out. Is the special still on tomorrow?

11. Post
    Not 100% sure that link is the correct model. It's got an extra letter on the end of it on the photo. Could mean nothing, could mean it's a stripped down version.

12. Post
    pyronical wrote:
    wtf thats an amazing deal... those specs say that TV is HDR10, HLG and Dolby Vision certified? I find it hard to believe.
    It’s pretty rare to find a panel that does pass through of Dolby vision and HDR

However I belive this panel is 8 bit upscale to 10 bit and 300nits so HDR/Dolby performance would be sub standard

Where as your QLED you recently bought is only HDR10 and no Dolby but it’s a native 10bit panel with 1500nit max brightness. You’re not going to get amazing HDR at under $1300

Overall it still looks like a really sweet deal, looks much better spec wise than Veons

https://toshiba-tv.com/uk-uk/55u7863db
    Last edited by SirGrim; 29th December 2018 at 1:00 am.

13. Post
    My mate bought the tv - it's really nice. I am tempted to go get one myself. It's definitely HDR - it says on the box. It needed a firmware update to work on wifi, but other than that looked amazing.

14. Post
    krashersmasher wrote:
    looked relatively amazing.
    Fixed this quote for you champ.

15. Post
    ^ Probably more accurate thanks. I am comparing it to my ua60j6200 which is getting on a bit now.

Also, it's the 58 inch, not the 55, and I still can't find a 58 inch review or model spec online.

16. Post
    Yeah that part is weird

Toshibas website says the panel comes in 55, but not 58 lol

But I 100% belive the specs are exactly the same, both fall into the u78 series category
    These are Toshibas 4K panels aimed T delivering affordable 4K to the masses

17. Post
    It does make me worry a bit about reliability and repairs. So cheap though.

18. Post
    Why lol, consumer guarantees act has you covered

19. Post
    I'm sold.

20. Post
    Seems like a crazy deal, though I remember when pb tech launched them and had a really good price on them too. Definitely better specs hen a veon

21. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    Warehouse is good with returns.

22. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    As long as you don't buy from Noel Leeming

23. Post
    Might pay to post context, as I can't see how it matters. No matter what they might say.

24. Post
    they're just a bunch of tightarses I guess (noel leeming)

25. Post
    Fragluton wrote:
    Might pay to post context, as I can't see how it matters. No matter what they might say.
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12176773