Tech Deals

Thread Rating: 9 votes, 4.56 average.
(9 votes)
Results 7,426 to 7,450 of 7518

1. Post
    Yeah I was super surprised how quickly it got here. When I read that cleared by customs thing, I thought they meant it was cleared by American customs, lol. But I will be very surprised if they deliver Saturdays, so I'm not expecting it until at least Monday. Thats if its even here. It could still be in Auckland. That system isn't very clear.

2. Post
    AFAIK DHL is fulfilled by CourierPost but it's a partnership dealio and DHL is printed on the vans as well.

3. Post
    I think you're right, I chucked the tracking number onto the nzpost site and it says:

Ready to send

A tracking label has been created but your item isn't with us yet
    All I can do is speculate. My guess is this means its still with DHL waiting for CourierPost to collect it from them in Auckland.

4. Post
    Mine left the US at the same time and isn't going to get here for another week, because they sent it via peasant post - I only paid $3 for delivery though, so can't complain.

5. Post
    ****ing couriers. Just left it at my door step and didn't knock. Signed it themselves and drove off.

Delivered - Signed for by: MCP028 ATL
    If I wasn't home to see it it'd probably have been stolen.

6. Post
    teelo7 wrote:
    ****ing couriers. Just left it at my door step and didn't knock. Signed it themselves and drove off.

If I wasn't home to see it it'd probably have been stolen.
    Yeah the quicker they do their runs the sooner they can go home at the end of the day

7. Post
    Well **** post haste i brought 2 2080 TI's and a few other pc parts on the Black Friday sale they arrived in the country last Friday but have not been delivered yet my tracking number from post haste say's delivered i called the company and they say according to the gps of the driver it put's him out side my house even thou the address they gave me is in central auckland not whangaparaoa!! simialr street name but not whangaparaoa anyway i went to the house and no one is living their an their's no packages ive asked to view cctv footage from dairy across the road but unfortunately their cameras facing the road are not working i then asked the nebiours but none of them seen anything so am waiting for post-haste to contact the driver and get back to me so far ive been dealing with this rude as **** lady Sharon who's been a right **** about the whole process telling me they are not liable for missing packages as the driver is a contractor from another company who work's that area for them and that i would have to chase up the driver and the company they are employed by even thou they are contracted to Post-Haste whats really strange is that i requested that when packages land in the country that they use NZ POST which they told me they have but for some reason POST HASTE is dealing with it go ****ing figger really pissed at this point...

TLDR brought some pc parts brand new online from a blackfriday sale got some really good deals brought 2 2080 ti's some nvme drives and fanatec wheel setup for my new sim rig im building. package arrives in country last friday package some how goes missing in central auckland post haste customer service tell's me it's not their issue and they wont pay out due to driver been placed at the correct address yet the shipping order has a different address to where they delivered call them today on monday they say they cant get a hold of the driver and are doing everything they can, not sure what to do at this point absolutely furious.

8. Post
    Follow up on my experience. They finally billed me in full, which oddly didn't reject even though it was significantly over the limit.

Non-GST amount.

Ordered 29 Nov without GST. Billed 5 Dec without GST. So I didn't strike it lucky but they didn't add GST so I have no complaints, just the expected status quo.

masscreation wrote:
    due to driver been placed at the correct address yet the shipping order has a different address to where they delivered.
    I don't get this, how can it be placed at the correct address but delivered to a different address? If it's not delivered to the address specified it's not placed at the correct address.

9. Post
    masscreation wrote:
    Well **** post haste i brought 2 2080 TI's and a few other pc parts on the Black Friday sale they arrived in the country last Friday but have not been delivered yet my tracking number from post haste say's delivered i called the company and they say according to the gps of the driver it put's him out side my house even thou the address they gave me is in central auckland not whangaparaoa!! simialr street name but not whangaparaoa anyway i went to the house and no one is living their an their's no packages ive asked to view cctv footage from dairy across the road but unfortunately their cameras facing the road are not working i then asked the nebiours but none of them seen anything so am waiting for post-haste to contact the driver and get back to me so far ive been dealing with this rude as **** lady Sharon who's been a right **** about the whole process telling me they are not liable for missing packages as the driver is a contractor from another company who work's that area for them and that i would have to chase up the driver and the company they are employed by even thou they are contracted to Post-Haste whats really strange is that i requested that when packages land in the country that they use NZ POST which they told me they have but for some reason POST HASTE is dealing with it go ****ing figger really pissed at this point...

TLDR brought some pc parts brand new online from a blackfriday sale got some really good deals brought 2 2080 ti's some nvme drives and fanatec wheel setup for my new sim rig im building. package arrives in country last friday package some how goes missing in central auckland post haste customer service tell's me it's not their issue and they wont pay out due to driver been placed at the correct address yet the shipping order has a different address to where they delivered call them today on monday they say they cant get a hold of the driver and are doing everything they can, not sure what to do at this point absolutely furious.
    holy shit that is depressing. I hope they can get that sorted for you... losing all that tech WTF.

10. Post
    masscreation wrote:

wow **** dude..... I don't know what to say..

11. Post
    Does the seller care enough to file a complaint with the delivery company they used? Pretty sure only the sender can file lost item disputes. If nothing happens and/or seller refuses to file a report then its chargeback time.

12. Post
    teelo7 wrote:
    Does the seller care enough to file a complaint with the delivery company they used? Pretty sure only the sender can file lost item disputes. If nothing happens and/or seller refuses to file a report then its chargeback time.
    Will a charge back work? I think the seller only has to prove that they sent the items, not that it was received?

Just another reason why everyone needs security cameras around their home, so you can nail these dodgy courier companies and drivers who claim they delivered when they haven't

If the courier company continues to say it's not their problem and a chargeback fails, talk to your lawyer.

13. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    Will a charge back work? I think the seller only has to prove that they sent the items, not that it was received?

Just another reason why everyone needs security cameras around their home, so you can nail these dodgy courier companies and drivers who claim they delivered when they haven't

If the courier company continues to say it's not their problem and a chargeback fails, talk to your lawyer.
    It should - I mean you have paid for goods and not received them sounds like a pretty good reason to charge it back.

There is no proof that what you purchased was sent as what the courier has stolen could have been anything

14. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    From a quick google:

https://www.westpac.com.au/business-...o-chargebacks/
    Evidence required to refute the chargeback

Signed documentation to prove that the cardholder or cardholder authorised recipient received the merchandise/service by the expected delivery date and at the agreed location.

You may be liable for chargebacks if:
    Goods and/or services were not received by the appropriate recipient at the agreed location by the expected delivery date
    You are unwilling or unable to provide the goods and /or services and have not refunded the cardholder via the same payment channel as the disputed transaction.
    The bank will make it difficult but as long as masscreation persists they should get their refund.

15. Post
    My items been delivered to the wrong address has happened before with this post company and fastway courriers. it's because there is an identical street name in Epsom which is where my item got delivered too the last time this happened. It ended up been the courier companies fault because their depo who was assigning the package's to addresses got the right street but wrong suburb i have no idea how this happens but this is what i was told with my last package so this is what i am suspecting has happened again.

These thing's happen i understand but to be talked to like shit by customer service by some bitch who is on a power-trip is what pisses me off is she even went as far to say it is not their fault without even having any dialog with me to hear my side of the situation

So i decided to take my lunch break early and contact them again spoke to someone from a higher up position who was very apologetic and understanding, he took my complaint about rude lady and told me that they cant do much due to the driver not answering phone then was told they cant take anything further with me due to me not been the sender so they are waiting for the sender to contact them

I sent a screenshot of my house compared to the wrong house from google map's i also showed the purchase order for my item's with my correct address and also sent proof of purchase.

Have talked to the seller and they are in shock at what has happened and are currently going through the process with courier company.

This is so ****ed.

I have cameras at my house due to last incident i have even sent clip of video of driveway from the day and time the package was delivered to show them no courier turned up at my house to prove to them they have ****ed up.

Not sure how a charge back would work as i did not pay using paypal just used my debit card.

This whole situation has me ****ed up close to $4k of shit gone walkie's

As for bank im with kiwi bank do they do charge back's? should i talk to reseller an see if they just straight up refund me due to item's not been sent to correct place or should i wait for postal company to get back to me

16. Post
    Dude that's messed up. So good you have the video footage. Pretty good chance you get your $ or goods I'm thinking, but what a hassle.

17. Post
    I know it's easy to say in hindsight but if you're expecting that kind of gear then maybe it would be better to pick it up from the depot yourself. More work, but safer for you.

18. Post
    Not sure how a charge back would work as i did not pay using paypal just used my debit card.

As for bank im with kiwi bank do they do charge back's?
    Chargebacks are a debit/credit card process backed by Mastercard and Visa. Your bank is required to allow it as part of their contract with Mastercard/Visa.

should i talk to reseller an see if they just straight up refund me due to item's not been sent to correct place or should i wait for postal company to get back to me
    Give the seller a little bit of time to get a response from the delivery company. Your bank will require that before they'll give you the chargeback anyway.

19. Post
    krashersmasher wrote:
    Dude that's messed up. So good you have the video footage. Pretty good chance you get your $ or goods I'm thinking, but what a hassle.
    Its insane and a crazy hassle to go through. very happy to have got a cheap camera setup to cover my ass in situations like this and yes an absolute hassle to go through.

WeenieBeenie wrote:
    I know it's easy to say in hindsight but if you're expecting that kind of gear then maybe it would be better to pick it up from the depot yourself. More work, but safer for you.
    You are right an i would of done this if i knew it would of been sent through Post-Haste. It was supposed to come by NZ Post but for some reason they give the job's to Post-Haste because they cover my area?? no idea how this work's but okay.

teelo7 wrote:
    Chargebacks are a debit/credit card process backed by Mastercard and Visa. Your bank is required to allow it as part of their contract with Mastercard/Visa.

Give the seller a little bit of time to get a response from the delivery company. Your bank will require that before they'll give you the chargeback anyway.
    Cool this is good to know thank you very much.

All i can do now is play the waiting game i guess.

20. Post
    Maybe only Post-Haste covers Epsom.

21. Post
    Charge back is not currently on the table. Seller has likely done everything 100% correct and sent the goods.

Would the goods have been declared at full value and was their anything to pay at border? Will help if it comes to claiming from the courier.
    Last edited by Fragluton; 9th December 2019 at 1:00 pm.

22. Post
    masscreation wrote:
    Have talked to the seller and they are in shock at what has happened and are currently going through the process with courier company.

This is so ****ed.

I have cameras at my house due to last incident i have even sent clip of video of driveway from the day and time the package was delivered to show them no courier turned up at my house to prove to them they have ****ed up.
    last time your package went missing was it also high value? maybe the value is the reason why it went missing. Denying responsibility because it's subcontracted is no excuse. Is the seller Amazon or another seller there?

I had my first order arrive this morning from Fastway but the tracking said it was from DHL. My 2nd order was also supposed to arrive this morning but they said I wasn't home and didn't leave a note either. No idea why they didn't deliver both at the same time. It's been rescheduled for tomorrow anyway. I'm in central Auckland, I guess DHL uses different couriers for different areas.

23. Post
    Fragluton wrote:
    Charge back is not on the table. Seller has likely done everything 100% correct and sent the goods.

Would the goods have been declared at full value and was their anything to pay at border? Will help if it comes to claiming from the courier.
    Bullshit. Buyer never received their goods. Its the sellers responsibility to chase the courier company for the loss. If the seller refuses to do this, then they're liable for chargeback. As long as the seller shows they're cooperating with getting the courier company to pay up, then charge back is not on the table. But if the courier company pays up and the seller refuses to pass this on to the buyer, chargeback is definitely on the table.

24. Post
    Seller IS talking to courier. Calm down. Chargeback is the path you take when other options are exhausted, not something you'd be doing right now. When I say not on the table, I mean the bank isn't going to do anything if the dispute with courier is active are they...

Courier is at fault here, not seller IMO. Until there is proof otherwise, the process needs to be worked though. Chargeback is not step one of that process.

25. Post
    Which is exactly what I posted earlier: