Tech Deals

Thread Rating: 9 votes, 4.56 average.
(9 votes)
Results 7,001 to 7,025 of 7252

  1. Post
    Stasis wrote:
    I still use 2x24" monitors \_(ツ)_/
    Oh.

  2. Post
    Privoxy wrote:
    Oh.
    For how little I use my desktop at home, it does okay, they're pretty old monitors now too (2xSamsung BX2450).

    My work setup has infinitely better monitors (2xDell 2515H) which are pretty comfy

  3. Post
    Stasis wrote:
    For how little I use my desktop at home, it does okay, they're pretty old monitors now too (2xSamsung BX2450).

    My work setup has infinitely better monitors (2xDell 2515H) which are pretty comfy
    Haha! Throw back. I'm still using the 3x BX2440 at home.

    I remember when they were decent monitors, back 10 years ago.

  4. Post
    Haisley wrote:
    Anyone know ballpark what the cost price is for s10 and OnePlus 7 pro?

    Got one of those cost +5% vouchers for Noel leemings.
    Not sure about the OnePlus, but there wasn't a great deal of margin in the S10 from memory. I'd expect to save $150ish. For phones you're generally better off waiting for a really good sale as they'll often drop below 0.

  5. Post
    I have 2 of these for work -https://www.rtings.com/monitor/reviews/dell/u2717d

    IT making great purchases once again.

    Decent monitor for media creation. The Dell U2717D's decent brightness and acceptable color accuracy make it suitable for more casual production of movies or photography. Its decently high resolution is also quite useful. Unfortunately, its relatively low contrast and lack of support for wider color gamuts like DCI-P3 might make it less attractive to professionals.

  6. Post
    Xev wrote:
    Not sure about the OnePlus, but there wasn't a great deal of margin in the S10 from memory. I'd expect to save $150ish. For phones you're generally better off waiting for a really good sale as they'll often drop below 0.
    Cost isn't cost. They get supplier rebates. Cost is the list price they show employee's so they think they are giving/getting good deals. At least that's how it used to be.

  7. Post
    Rii wrote:
    I have 2 of these for work -https://www.rtings.com/monitor/reviews/dell/u2717d

    IT making great purchases once again.





    unless you're some Hollywood pro working on blockbuster movies then they will be fine. I've had two for a couple of years and they are are really nice to use.

  8. Post
    LiQuid.Ace wrote:
    unless you're some Hollywood pro working on blockbuster movies then they will be fine. I've had two for a couple of years and they are are really nice to use.
    I'm a designer (working in both video and print). So having colour accuracy is pretty important. I find these monitors have uneven brightness/colour saturation.

  9. Post
    krashersmasher wrote:
    Cost isn't cost. They get supplier rebates. Cost is the list price they show employee's so they think they are giving/getting good deals. At least that's how it used to be.
    More or less. Cost is the standard price they pay for the item at any given time. There are rebates on most sales, particularly those which drop below zero cost (so they're not actually losing money, it just looks like they are). Samsung Phones don't have particularly much margin (difference between 'cost' and RRP, excluding all rebates) in them these days, so like I said, don't expect to save a great deal. Wait for a sale. Cost + % is kind of a have. It's great for small things like cables which have tons of margin in them and don't usually go on sale for any decent amount, but for big ticket items it's going to be notably inferior to a good sale.

    Usually on their big public holiday sales they have good sales/bundles on the S10's as well as a 2degrees promo which will knock hundreds off the handset price, assuming you're happy being locked into a plan until it's paid off. Like, in February they had a $400 selected handsets on a 2Degrees plan. People were using this to pre-order Huawei P30 Pro's (RRP $1099) for $699, and were still getting the pre-order bundle which included Everest 710 Headphones (RRP $399) and the Huawei GT Smartwatches (RRP $349). All in all, a pretty outrageous deal.

  10. Post
    HELL KNIGHT wrote:
    Why would you even consider a 24" monitor in 2019 (unless space restricted or wanting a super high refresh rate). I haven't had one since 2012
    Cause I don't sit back far enough to feel I need a bigger one lol.

  11. Post
    Pxndx wrote:
    Cause I don't sit back far enough to feel I need a bigger one lol.
    This makes no sense but you just do you pal.

  12. Post
    https://www.mightyape.co.nz/product/...120mm/26164126 seems a good price for a 120mm AIO cooler.

  13. Post
    Rii wrote:
    I'm a designer (working in both video and print). So having colour accuracy is pretty important. I find these monitors have uneven brightness/colour saturation.
    https://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews...tm#calibration I assume they have been calibrated?

  14. Post
    Plex Lifetime pass $99 USD

    Link:: https://www.plex.tv/plex-pass/purcha...&plan=lifetime

    Coupon:
    Code:
    PLEXDAD
    Note: If you change to NZ mode it might be slightly cheaper than $99USD

  15. Post
    kiwijunglist wrote:
    Plex Lifetime pass $99 USD

    Link:: https://www.plex.tv/plex-pass/purcha...&plan=lifetime

    Coupon:
    Code:
    PLEXDAD
    Note: If you change to NZ mode it might be slightly cheaper than $99USD
    Worth mentioning:

    This promotion code is valid only for new Plex Pass subscriptions and cannot be applied to existing subscriptions or for subscription plan upgrades.

  16. Post
    What's the biggest advantage of plex pass? Letting others stream your media?

  17. Post
    Galent wrote:
    What's the biggest advantage of plex pass? Letting others stream your media?
    Offline syncing is the biggest one I can think off. I picked one up for $79 last Black Friday as we use Plex at home every day.

  18. Post
    We use Plex as it seems to be the best player (IMO) you can get on most TV's. Have tried most apps that come on TV's and they tend to be pretty shit. Plex offers a proper browser, multiple user accounts on paid version is handy. A bit like having a couple of Netflix users, you have all your currently watching shows pop up.

  19. Post
    Ballistix Sport LT 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200
    https://www.newegg.com/global/nz-en/...82E16820164131
    NZ$153.87


    Yeah, nah? Wanting to build, but sort of waiting for the Ryzen 3000 series.

  20. Post
    Its ok I guess. Pretty pricey

  21. Post
    Yeah after comparing shipping from newegg to amazons, amazon beats it at NZD 143.22.

    You say pricey, what kind of price is good for 16gb 3200 ddr4 ram?

  22. Post
    I guess its not bad. Is it B-Die?

  23. Post
    Pxndx wrote:
    Ballistix Sport LT 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200
    https://www.newegg.com/global/nz-en/...82E16820164131
    NZ$153.87


    Yeah, nah? Wanting to build, but sort of waiting for the Ryzen 3000 series.
    If it's samsung b-die then go for it and then overclock it. But at CL16, I'd hazard a guess that it's not, b-die would normally be CL14 at 3200

    If you were doing an Intel upgrade, all of this would matter for naught.

    But AMD has said Ryzen latency on the infinity fabric interposer scales down significantly until 3733mhz, after 3733mhz latency may go up.

    AMD has recommended that gamers use 3600mhz cl16 for Ryzen 3000 CPU's to get the best gaming performance as well as this being the sweet spot between cost and performance.

    Name:  memory1.jpg
Views: 201
Size:  89.6 KB

    nzbleach wrote:
    I guess its not bad. Is it B-Die?
    CL16, so probably not

  24. Post
    This is what you want for Ryzen 3000 (but also make sure the kit you buy is on the approved list for your motherboard)

    https://www.newegg.com/p/pl?N=100007...12&Order=PRICE

  25. Post
    ^cheers

    I also found this on sale..
    https://www.amazon.com/Patriot-Extre...ty-aps&sr=1-7#

    I'm yet to buy a motherboard so that's something else I'll need to look for.