1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post
    Fast travel makes me nervous, as with skyrim it became I'd fast travel everywhere and it just became a grind when I couldn't just fast travel. But in dragon's dogma after I put some portal stones around the map to speed things up by 30 minutes I enjoyed the world more by still being forced to walk 10-20 minutes to get to my destination.

3. Post
    I can't even imagine how much complaining would happen if an open-world game didn't have fast travel.

4. Post
    I'm a big fan of fast travel once the area is discovered - I don't have the time/patience/inclination to walk long distances more than that first oh-so-sweet time.

5. Post
    I avoid it for as long as possible, but then eventually you hit a point where you go "**** it, I just want to arrive and finish that quest" and then you take the fastest route possible, in Skyrim that was the horse carriages outside cities.

6. Post
    I am truly looking forward to this game! If I could wish it into existence right now, I would. I would also need to wish for a bigger income to help supply the bigger PC I'm going to need to play this thing - but I've got the time to build up some savings
    Great article as well! Just one little criticism; Geralt is known as the WHITE Wolf, not 'The Grey Wolf.' At least as far as I know, that's what he's always been called. It's even in one of the trailers
    Overall I'm so excited for this I actually envy anyone who gets some playtime with it! Can't wait!

7. Post
    KrimzinZV wrote:
    Fast travel makes me nervous, as with skyrim it became I'd fast travel everywhere and it just became a grind when I couldn't just fast travel. But in dragon's dogma after I put some portal stones around the map to speed things up by 30 minutes I enjoyed the world more by still being forced to walk 10-20 minutes to get to my destination.
    Solution - just dont use fast travel.

8. Post
    Nakor wrote:
    Solution - just dont use fast travel.
    Doubt it, I'm going to take the fastest way to get there.

9. Post
    Please don't tell me that you're one of those people who prefers checkpoints to save anywhere because you have no self-control and thus abuse quicksave thoroughly? I hate these people, believing that we shouldn't have superior save systems because of their own personal failings.
    Last edited by EvaUnit02; 18th June 2014 at 7:57 pm.

10. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    Please don't tell me that you're one of those people who prefers checkpoints to save anywhere because you have no self-control and thus abuse quicksave thoroughly? I hate these people, superior save system on their own personal failings.
    I don't mind about save points, sometimes I hate them, but then with Sir, you are being hunted the game would be ruined by save anywhere. Only abuse quicksave for minigames.