1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post
    ...they couldn't just have this be part of the game?

3. Post
    Gwarden wrote:
    Yeah, this would be a huge selling point for me.

Any word on whether we will get this steam pre-orders? I'll probably wait to see how the game turns out regardless.

4. Post
    God-****ing-damnit. Y'know I never really cared when it was just some dang golden gun DLC for preordering at EB games or whatever but that's a whole load of exclusive missions there

5. Post
    Gwarden wrote:
    even studio execs need their bonus top up too.

6. Post
    pricks. im guessing its gona end up being a flop and they're trying to round up some guaranteed sales before release.

7. Post
    From what I've heard, it's meant to be quite good.

8. Post
    I miss the good old days when you could just buy a game and have the whole game. Not bits of a game depending on where and when you purchased it.

9. Post
    ^ pretty much.

So unless I'm mistaken, unless you pre-order the Nostromo edition from the preferred supplier, you don't get the complete game. If that's the case, I hope the actual retail version is cheaper to compensate for being incomplete.

10. Post
    I can say with almost certainty that this will be sold as separate purchase DLC within ~3 months of the game's release. The common over-exaggeration over this issue became boring literally years ago. If you don't like it, then don't buy it or wait for a heavily discounted digital distribution retailer sale.

Scheduling DLC gives different parts of the team something to when games in development move into say the bug hunting phase or they go gold. Would you rather see the majority of the art team laid off straight away?

So unless I'm mistaken, unless you pre-order the Nostromo edition from the preferred supplier, you don't get the complete game. If that's the case, I hope the actual retail version is cheaper to compensate for being incomplete.
    So is this optional expansion which recreates scenes from the 1979 film required to experience the whole Isolation's narrative about the Ellen Ripley character? Not getting the "complete game" my arse.

There's very few examples where you can legitimately have that argument, like Asura's Wrath and Prince of Persia 2008 (where the games' ending were sold as DLC). This isn't one of them.
    Last edited by EvaUnit02; 13th July 2014 at 3:30 pm.

11. Post
    Already announced as separate DLC http://www.gpforums.co.nz/threads/48...for-pre-orders the next day. The original wording implied that it was going to be purely for pre-orders only.