Stream of HOSciousness Transfer Station (NSFW)

Thread Rating: 40 votes, 3.58 average.
(40 votes)
Results 62,201 to 62,225 of 64400

1. Post
    WhangaDan wrote:
    Why does Charlie's Grandpa Joe stay in bed for 20 years if he can get up at any time? He lets Charlie's mum provide for six people by herself, washing clothes by hand until late at night, but can get up and dance the minute a life-time supply of chocolate is mentioned.
    Because he’s old skool

2. Post
    WhangaDan wrote:
    Why does Charlie's Grandpa Joe stay in bed for 20 years if he can get up at any time? He lets Charlie's mum provide for six people by herself, washing clothes by hand until late at night, but can get up and dance the minute a life-time supply of chocolate is mentioned.
    He's a mooching shit stain. He also refers to "his" golden ticket throughout the movie and then acts like a cretin in the chocolate factory. I think he's probably a con man and probably not even related to the family. Possibly Hitler?

3. Post
    griefmaker wrote:
    to me one man's opinion is as good as another.
    that explains a lot about you.

4. Smile
    griefmaker wrote:
    to me one man's opinion is as good as another.
    sorceror wrote:
    that explains a lot about you.
    Tbh i thought that was really philosophical of him.

5. Post
    Magic Robertson wrote:
    Tbh i thought that was really philosophical of him.
    The problem with most people who hold that opinion is that they attribute no value to expertise. So to them, one person who holds an opinion of x because that’s what makes sense to them, is of equal value to someone who has studied x for 20 years and written two books about it. It’s a rather silly position to take, but one that a lot of internet wise guys seem to hold.

6. Smile
    gneiss wrote:
    The problem with most people who hold that opinion is that they attribute no value to expertise. So to them, one person who holds an opinion of x because thatís what makes sense to them, is of equal value to someone who has studied x for 20 years and written two books about it. Itís a rather silly position to take, but one that a lot of internet wise guys seem to hold.
    I guess with the internet it's hard to know who has studied for 20 years or someone who is just stating an opinion.

Anybody could really be anybody on the net.

7. Post
    it reminds me of that famous Asimov quote, let me dig it out:

Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge'.

8. Thumbs up
    sorceror wrote:
    it reminds me of that famous Asimov quote, let me dig it out:
    wrote:
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge'.
    Very nice quote.

9. Post
    The new Avatar movie is gonna be amazing

Name:  7F52E7F4-097F-4282-83B2-C4399E1A606D.jpeg
Views: 123
Size:  784.7 KB

10. Post
    Who the **** thought it was good idea to make him Genie...

11. Post
    HELL KNIGHT wrote:
    Who the **** thought it was good idea to make him Genie...
    Well they can't cast the genie we all know and love

12. Post
    They could of with old footage and CGI these days, it would have been preferable.

13. Post
    WhangaDan wrote:
    Well they can't cast the genie we all know and love
    I dunno, he looked pretty blue in the last pictures I saw of him?

14. Post
    Re: bank account numbers
    They're like credit card numbers in that they're not sequential and part of the number is a checksum so if you make a mistake it will just be invalid and bounce back. You would have to **** up several numbers and encounter an amazing coincidence to actually send money to the wrong account.

Sending money internationally is a bit different because it ends up in New York somewhere if you get the number wrong and takes forever to get back.

Charlie has a very unusual family. It's less creepy in the book.

15. Smile
    Quasi ELVIS wrote:
    Re: bank account numbers
    They're like credit card numbers in that they're not sequential and part of the number is a checksum so if you make a mistake it will just be invalid and bounce back. You would have to **** up several numbers and encounter an amazing coincidence to actually send money to the wrong account.
    That's nice to know.
    I tried a copy and paste like i.e. awesome suggested and it works, Saves me having to do as much typing.

I usually deposit money into my dads acc for things because using one bank card is easier than two.

16. Post
    gneiss wrote:
    The new Avatar movie is gonna be amazing

Name:  7F52E7F4-097F-4282-83B2-C4399E1A606D.jpeg
Views: 123
Size:  784.7 KB
    **** me, he looks like a rapey smurf. Worst Genie Ever.

17. Post
    ClavulanateV2 wrote:
    I dunno, he looked pretty blue in the last pictures I saw of him?
    Haha

18. Post
    Bobs wrote:
    **** me, he looks like a rapey smurf. Worst Genie Ever.

19. Post
    Holy shit, that's actually from the Aladin movie? LOL

20. Post
    Battle of the Burgers up on the Maccas app, vote and get the free Big Mac Combo on Friday

21. Smile
    Don't know if this will work but,

Last edited by Magic Robertson; 12th February 2019 at 8:29 pm.

22. Post
    Black Plague*** wrote:
    Battle of the Burgers up on the Maccas app, vote and get the free Big Mac Combo on Friday
    How do you know it's free? Voted, and it just says "Winning deal available 15 Feb". I confuse!

23. Post
    Frederick James wrote:
    How do you know it's free? Voted, and it just says "Winning deal available 15 Feb". I confuse!
    Yeah bro, apparently it gets added to you app to redeem.

24. Post
    If Gilbert godfried isn't the voice of iago I'm out!

25. Post
    JRS wrote:
    If Gilbert godfried isn't the voice of iago I'm out!
    He's voiced his interest, that's all I've heard. It's been said the Iago may not even have a talking role, so who knows.