Stream of HOSciousness Transfer Station (NSFW)

Thread Rating: 40 votes, 3.58 average.
(40 votes)
Results 66,551 to 66,575 of 68128

1. Post
    What are the best options these days with TV/Stereo units? I'm thinking of doing something in my lounge when I renovate it and want a nice easy to use combo. I want to be able to use it for just music as well as with the TV. I don't want speakers in every corner of the room, I'm not worried about surround sound or anything. Just a nice and easy to use set up that doesn't look cluttered.

That might be too broad a question, but any suggestions?

2. Post
    Sound bar + sub are usually great for a simple setup and most modern units also have BT so you can hook up a phone and stream your music.

As for TV - well, depends 100% on budget. LCD/OLED/QLED and of course size.

3. Post
    nice! I live in an apartment, always wondered how loud i can actually have movies before neighbours can hear. Can't say ive ever heard other peoples music/movies in the year we've lived here.

4. Post
    Rii wrote:
    Sound bar + sub are usually great for a simple setup and most modern units also have BT so you can hook up a phone and stream your music.

As for TV - well, depends 100% on budget. LCD/OLED/QLED and of course size.
    Cheers

I thought it might just be a soundbar+TV combo. Is there like a control unit that they talk back to or is that a thing of the past? My plan is to wall mount the TV and probably soundbar and have all the wires in the wall. Everything else will be hidden away in a entertainment unit. If there is one cable visible then I've failed.

5. Post
    Soundbar's are usually pretty well designed that any sort of amp is built direct into the sub or the bar itself. Usually no extra unit. My bar is a Sony, mid range thing. Just has the bar and a sub. Sub plugs into the bar (sub as no separate power plug) with a very thin cable and then I connect the bar via optical to my TV along with the power into my plug board. Nice and clean.

6. Post
    Ditto, got the Sony soundbar, sub has a different psu and uses BT to pair with the main unit. Everything is connected via HDMI and uses CEC to turn the lot on together.

7. Post
    Vulcan wrote:
    Ditto, got the Sony soundbar, sub has a different psu and uses BT to pair with the main unit. Everything is connected via HDMI and uses CEC to turn the lot on together.
    What's a CEC?

Is it worth investing in a google home or something similar as well?

8. Post
    I think CEC is the standard protocol that enables devices to turn other devices on.

I'm running a couple of Amazon Echo devices. "Alexa switch on the bedroom TV" and the amp and TV turn on. It's worth investing in an Echo or Google device, IMO, but not essential.

9. Post
    If you don't chew with your mouth closed, you're a ****ing ****

10. Post
    jdz wrote:
    Maybe you should tell the person doing it instead of venting here.

11. Post
    jdz wrote:
    What if you have a cold tho

12. Post
    You either breathe, or you eat. :P

13. Post
    ClavulanateV2 wrote:
    What if you have a cold tho
    I have a cold and chest infection, have had it for 4 months, but still manage to eat with my mouth closed.

14. Post
    I don't want to alarm you but you might have AIDS. have you seen a dr

15. Post
    Yup, I'm on Roxithromycin now. Seems to be helping

16. Post
    Surely it's gotta be lupus this time.

17. Post
    jdz wrote:
    Yup, I'm on Roxithromycin now. Seems to be helping
    I take that every day, been on it for four years. It’s great at keeping chest infections away.

18. Post
    frys vegan sausage rolls covered in himalayan salt are amazing

19. Post
    It's never lupus

20. Post
    jdz wrote:
    I can hear my dad eat an apple from the other side of the house

21. Post
    Imagine you're poor for most of your life and one day you find a good income and buy a big house and you use this room as your gaming room but all you can do is complain and winge

22. Post

23. Post
    fuzzy2308 wrote:
    Imagine you're poor for most of your life and one day you find a good income and buy a big house and you use this room as your gaming room but all you can do is complain and winge
    I'd remove some of the old school chairs. Spruce up the room a bit then It'd be an awesome gaming room.

24. Post
    WarZoner wrote:
    I'd remove some of the old school chairs. Spruce up the room a bit then It'd be an awesome gaming room.
    Would be mean! You'd have to be a bit of a douche to whinge about having a room like that as your gaming room.

25. Post
    picture frames too pointy