Stream of HOSciousness Transfer Station (NSFW)

Thread Rating: 40 votes, 3.58 average.
(40 votes)
Results 67,826 to 67,850 of 68469

1. Post
    I wanted a job with more responsibility but not sure Ive bitten off more than I can chew. So busy and Im questioning myself whether I should cut my losses and look for another job. Its also only going to get worse as Im supposed to be somebodies replacement which means massive shoes to fill for this roll. Maybe Ill just have a few beers and worry about it again on monday

2. Post
    Look for a job whilst at your current job. It'd be harder to get one without one.

3. Smile
    Lethargic wrote:
    Ah right, of course. My bad.
    Having 15+ tabs open wouldn't use much power but with an EPU you can make your computer as fast as a pentium 3 but use far less power than they used to, won't do a whole lot to save the world but is useful when all you're doing is using the internet and want to save on your power bill.

I've taken to using power boards with switches for each plug thus turning things totally off, Which for all my efforts saved a few dollars on each power bill.

Anroid though i think was being sarcastic about some of the geeks on this board which I'm kinda one of them.

Edit--

Haha just tested it,
    Opened 10 tabs with different pages loaded and task manager open, The power usage went from very low to low.
    Last edited by Magic Robertson; 31st August 2019 at 6:13 pm.

4. Post
    Went out to watch my football clubs first team play their semi final today. They played like trash and were 3-0 down with 15 minutes on the clock. They came back to win 4-3.

I wonder how much they could win by if they all decided to play hard for 90 minutes instead of just the last 15.

5. Post
    You should totally go into coaching with insights like that!

6. Post
    CODChimera wrote:
    Listen to the new Tool album!
    Imma Kant wrote:
    Take a day walk brother.
    Magic Robertson wrote:
    Hope you're feeling better today.
    w0lfbrains wrote:
    Exercise is the best option hands down. Even a brisk walk around the block for 40mins will help you feel better
    Pxndx wrote:
    Next time throw yourself into a cold shower. Your thoughts and feelings will become second to the cold rushing over you.
    All suggestions taken on board!

Had an early one last night, and first thing this morning headed to Ngaruawahia to climb the Hakarimata Steps - it's a great workout. Then I got home, did a bunch of housework and chores, walked 4 dog's, then had a very brisk almost-cold shower.

Getting some fresh air into my lungs and a sweat up really helped.

Tonight will be the new Tool album.

Also talked to a mate about shit that's going on, and that really helped too.

Thanks for the sage advice lads, much appreciated

7. Post
    4 Dogs jeepers that'd be a bit of a mission What kinda breed are they?

8. Post
    WarZoner wrote:
    4 Dogs jeepers that'd be a bit of a mission What kinda breed are they?
    Thankfully they're little dogs; Yorkshire Terrier, Sydney Sliky/Yorkshire Terrier, Shi Tzu/Maltese, Shi Tzu/Bichon. Fun times. They're great girls, all got their own distinct personalities. Lots of fun!

9. Post
    Frederick James wrote:
    Thankfully they're little dogs; Yorkshire Terrier, Sydney Sliky/Yorkshire Terrier, Shi Tzu/Maltese, Shi Tzu/Bichon. Fun times. They're great girls, all got their own distinct personalities. Lots of fun!
    Sounds like a awesome bunch of dogs

10. Post
    WarZoner wrote:
    Ring up the public transport people in your area to see if anyone handed them in. Some people might be nice enough to hand them in.
    I filed a report but I doubt they will show up. Sucks because they had been all around the world with me and I have used them every other day for 2 years

11. Post
    This week we decided to try Public Transport again and to see if it was any better cost wise, via a hop card. A single trip and a single stop - Panmure (near where we live) to Sylvia Park via train - $1.95 each !!!!!! - Costing us nearly $8 for us both for the round trip. And we had to wait and also walk to the stations adding additional time to the trip

Seriously, if they want to encourage people to use public transport, they need to bring the prices down, to make up for the loss of time for waiting and walking between home and stops.

12. Post
    If you use the hop card again within less than 10 to 15 minutes you can get on for free. Sometimes the buses can be slow as so I have to pay an extra fee for the transfer. Not to sure if it works the same for trains.

13. Post
    KiwiTT wrote:
    This week we decided to try Public Transport again and to see if it was any better cost wise, via a hop card. A single trip and a single stop - Panmure (near where we live) to Sylvia Park via train - $1.95 each !!!!!! - Costing us nearly $8 for us both for the round trip. And we had to wait and also walk to the stations adding additional time to the trip

Seriously, if they want to encourage people to use public transport, they need to bring the prices down, to make up for the loss of time for waiting and walking between home and stops.
    $2 each way per person doesnt sound bad. Travel off peak with your gold card if it bothers you so much.
    With $$$ council and Wilson parking charges, often it works its self out anyway.

14. Post
    Yeah that's only 38c in 1980 dollars, it's sweet fa eh

15. Post
    My ol man is importing some ebikes to sell...I took this one for a spin today...it's ridiculous.

5kw, 150+km range, capable of 100km/hr - or you limit it to 35, keep the peddles on and leave it as a 'moped' and it's street legal.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190901_102029.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	623.4 KB 
ID:	227153
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190901_102519.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	919.1 KB 
ID:	227154

Or just take the train...

16. Post
    Could be a handy farm antics bike, could be keen

17. Post
    It's pretty cool. I'd love to thrash it around a farm to see what it was capable of.

18. Post
    $4 each seems like nothing to me but at 2.5k from Panmure to Sylvia Park I can see why that'd seem a bit much. Even in a Hummer that's like $1 in gas tops. Personally for that kind of distance I'd just bike or walk.

19. Post
    I'm in a bit of a predicament. The job I first applied for and really wanted finally ended up calling me in for an interview during the first week on my new job. They're offering a 3 dollar/hr pay bump and an increase from 40hours to 50hours per week.

The problem is that I like the new company, but they are slow with pay rises and replacement work gear. The other company is much larger, work with better equipment and PPE and will increase my yearly by 20k before tax/10k after tax. Truthfully it's the money that drives me to jump ship, since I need it to get me down to Nelson in the next few years.

But I feel like scum.

20. Post
    Tell your current place..they might match it.

21. Post
    KiwiTT wrote:

I spend $200 a month just going to and from work. This post is a joke

22. Post
    Leonard Nimoy discusses the Star Trek pilot:

23. Post
    Helping my parents move their stuff out of their house has shown me how much shit we humans produce and stash.
    They're one household in one small town in one small country.

The amount of shit we produce and throw away will be the end of us.

24. Post
    WeenieBeenie wrote:
    Helping my parents move their stuff out of their house has shown me how much shit we humans produce and stash.

I try to live out of 3 suitcases + a few storage boxes back in NZ... I don't like the waste but also don't like the inertia you can get out of too much material possession.

25. Post
    WeenieBeenie wrote:

Yeah it's actually crazy and so much of it is completely unnecessary and pointless

Timmi wrote:
    I try to live out of 3 suitcases + a few storage boxes back in NZ... I don't like the waste but also don't like the inertia you can get out of too much material possession.
    Owning too much shit gives me massive anxiety when I have to move, that's probably not normal though lol