Stream of HOSciousness Transfer Station (NSFW)

Thread Rating: 40 votes, 3.53 average.
(40 votes)
Results 63,426 to 63,450 of 65212

1. Post
    Sweet, the forum just got that much more tolerable for another month

2. Post
    ClavulanateV2 wrote:
    Sweet, the forum just got that much more tolerable for another month
    A couple more and it would really sort this place out for a while.

3. Post
    Magic Robertson wrote:
    You guys should add them to your ignore list too.
    I prefer to ignore people manually, I don't need to physically hide text from myself.

Magic Robertson wrote:
    My dad buys whatever's cheap, Don't have the millions you guys have to be fussy about where it came from.
    Smaller portions of a better piece of meat for the same price.

KevinL wrote:
    You need to get out more

e.g. Off the Jervois Steak House menu:
    Wakanui
    Wakanui cattle are grass-fed initially, then finished fed on grain for the last 70 to 90 days. Like the grass-fed equivalent, it has characteristic fat marbling running through the muscle but due to being grain-fed the marbling is much greater and more intense throughout.
    I've been to JSH and liked it. Whether I'd be able to notice the grain fed related marbling I'm not sure, but I'd certainly be paying for it either way.

My favorite place when I was in town more often in my early 20s was Tony's Steak House on Lorne St. Was cheaper than Jervois and easier to get to on foot. It seemed good at the time.

HibikiAmawa wrote:
    venison is not a great tasting meat
    I've only had it a couple of times and found it too gamey. It probably was red deer and or not very well prepared.

4. Post
    jords wrote:
    Ok I donít know where to post this. Can this be SirGrims final ban? What did he do now? Can we just not let him back ever?
    no he just needs another chance this time he will be different I swear!

5. Post
    ClavulanateV2 wrote:
    if this dipshit in Christchurch gets my AR taken off me I'ma be pissed
    Ah yup, muh guns.

Nice priorities.

6. Post
    Stasis wrote:
    Ah yup, muh guns.

Nice priorities.
    thx buddy

7. Post
    I read that as reb accepting losing his guns but being angry at the guy which seems like the good response?

8. Post

9. Post
    Quasi ELVIS wrote:
    I've only had it a couple of times and found it too gamey. It probably was red deer and or not very well prepared.
    Fallow is a nice easy venison

10. Smile
    Quasi ELVIS wrote:
    I prefer to ignore people manually, I don't need to physically hide text from myself.
    Well anroid is on my ignore list now and i can't be bothered removing them.

wrote:
    Smaller portions of a better piece of meat for the same price.
    My dad likes scotch fillet but my dinners are usually made to last 2 or 3 days so he doesn't have to cook as often.
    I'd learn to cook myself but my dad got mad when i warped his frying pan, I didn't know that turning the element up on full would do that.

11. Post
    Holy crap, I have had a nuts 24 hours.

Iím on a new programme at the gym, and itís been kicking my arse. Shitty sleep Thursday night, hard af gym session at 6am Friday, then to work, then all the Christchurch stuff started going down, which I found really upsetting, and struggled all afternoon at work to keep it together. Got home, had some cheese on toast for dinner because didnít have much of an appetite.

Wife and I went to my sis-in-laws place, as we really wanted to be around family last night. 10pm, Iím sitting there on the deck chatting, when I start talking gibberish for 20 seconds then just f**kin pass out and collapse! A proper total loss of consciousness black out. Twice apparently, but i only remember the first one, then waking up in the recovery position on the deck.

Got home, super lightheaded, jittery, heart palpitations, shortness of breath, pain in the left side of my chest. Ended up at the hospital A&E. Apparently the heart releases an enzyme when itís been damaged, which shows up in blood tests. Two blood tests were clear, so not a heart attack. Doctors got no idea what caused it, say it might be angina, discharged me and told me to go to GP and get referred for the treadmill heart test thing. Another mate has suggested gall stones, as he had them with exactly the same symptoms as a heart attack.

Been a very upsetting 24 hours indeed, I have to say.

12. Smile
    They thought i had angina too, The treadmill test was fun.

13. Post
    Frederick James wrote:

I’m on a new programme at the gym, and it’s been kicking my arse. Shitty sleep Thursday night, hard af gym session at 6am Friday, then to work, then all the Christchurch stuff started going down, which I found really upsetting, and struggled all afternoon at work to keep it together. Got home, had some cheese on toast for dinner because didn’t have much of an appetite.

Wife and I went to my sis-in-laws place, as we really wanted to be around family last night. 10pm, I’m sitting there on the deck chatting, when I start talking gibberish for 20 seconds then just f**kin pass out and collapse! A proper total loss of consciousness black out. Twice apparently, but i only remember the first one, then waking up in the recovery position on the deck.

Got home, super lightheaded, jittery, heart palpitations, shortness of breath, pain in the left side of my chest. Ended up at the hospital A&E. Apparently the heart releases an enzyme when it’s been damaged, which shows up in blood tests. Two blood tests were clear, so not a heart attack. Doctors got no idea what caused it, say it might be angina, discharged me and told me to go to GP and get referred for the treadmill heart test thing. Another mate has suggested gall stones, as he had them with exactly the same symptoms as a heart attack.

hope it all goes ok and turns out to be nothing mate. Did they do an echo?

14. Post
    Frederick James wrote:

Take it easy mate, take time off work if you feel it will help. A lot of people including myself are still just trying to process what has happened.

15. Post
    CODChimera, cheers man.

gneiss wrote:
    hope it all goes ok and turns out to be nothing mate. Did they do an echo?
    Yeah, I think so - had all the electrodes and shit all over my chest. Got the print out with the heartbeat line thingy on it. Apparently all normal.

I think it was just a culmination of all the things I mentioned stacking up on top of me. Sis-in-law and her husband were bickering like f**k, and the last thing I remember thinking is “This is doing my f**kin head in!” when it was lights out.

Still pretty scary.

16. Post
    That's an ECG, not an echocardiogram (ultrasound of your heart)

I'd be doing a carotid Doppler too to exclude a stroke, although chest pain would be a weird symptom

17. Post
    They definitely ruled out a stroke, said the blood tests were enough to rule out anything requiring immediate treatment. IDK, I can only go by what the professionals tell me.

18. Post
    Frederick James wrote:
    CODChimera, cheers man.

Yeah, I think so - had all the electrodes and shit all over my chest. Got the print out with the heartbeat line thingy on it. Apparently all normal.

I think it was just a culmination of all the things I mentioned stacking up on top of me. Sis-in-law and her husband were bickering like f**k, and the last thing I remember thinking is “This is doing my f**kin head in!” when it was lights out.

Still pretty scary.
    A good cardiologist can suss you out with a chat, a long hold of your wrist pulse and a good ECG (my father in law is a retired cardiologist). Glad to hear that they don’t think it was your heart.

19. Post
    Shit Fred, that’s rough.

20. Post
    gneiss wrote:
    A good cardiologist can suss you out with a chat, a long hold of your wrist pulse and a good ECG (my father in law is a retired cardiologist). Glad to hear that they donít think it was your heart.
    A doctor told my old man he was the exemplar of why not to take one's demeanor into account when considering a heart attack.

21. Post
    Frederick James wrote:
    They definitely ruled out a stroke, said the blood tests were enough to rule out anything requiring immediate treatment. IDK, I can only go by what the professionals tell me.
    It sounds like stress and anxiety. The doctors will tell you if there is anything physically going on.

22. Post
    MXRecord wrote:
    A doctor told my old man he was the exemplar of why not to take one's demeanor into account when considering a heart attack.
    Who said anything about demeanour?

23. Post
    gneiss wrote:
    Who said anything about demeanour?
    I just saw your the chat bit. He almost convinced a doctor not by the way he could talk.

24. Post
    Frederick James wrote:

I’m on a new programme at the gym, and it’s been kicking my arse. Shitty sleep Thursday night, hard af gym session at 6am Friday, then to work, then all the Christchurch stuff started going down, which I found really upsetting, and struggled all afternoon at work to keep it together. Got home, had some cheese on toast for dinner because didn’t have much of an appetite.

Wife and I went to my sis-in-laws place, as we really wanted to be around family last night. 10pm, I’m sitting there on the deck chatting, when I start talking gibberish for 20 seconds then just f**kin pass out and collapse! A proper total loss of consciousness black out. Twice apparently, but i only remember the first one, then waking up in the recovery position on the deck.

Got home, super lightheaded, jittery, heart palpitations, shortness of breath, pain in the left side of my chest. Ended up at the hospital A&E. Apparently the heart releases an enzyme when it’s been damaged, which shows up in blood tests. Two blood tests were clear, so not a heart attack. Doctors got no idea what caused it, say it might be angina, discharged me and told me to go to GP and get referred for the treadmill heart test thing. Another mate has suggested gall stones, as he had them with exactly the same symptoms as a heart attack.

Whoa shit, hope everything is fine

25. Post
    MXRecord wrote:
    I just saw your the chat bit. He almost convinced a doctor not by the way he could talk.
    I’ve watched my father in law a few times. By talking calmly for about 20-30 minutes while keeping his fingers on the pulse he could feel all of the signs that appear on an ECG. By talking to someone for that long, you are getting a medical history, while at the same time you can question them and lift and lower their pulse without them even knowing. He was an artsiest.