Results 44,401 to 44,425 of 46817

  1. Post
    Sunlight wrote:
    As I expected, they didn't pick me for the job anyway. Applied for a couple of higher level jobs today, trying to turn a bad experience into something I can learn from.
    Despite the negative experience. See through the emotional aspect. Sometimes abrasive people like that tell the hard truth and tell us things that we may not see ourselves/choose to ignore. Use the negative experience to fuel your desire to better for yourself. Prove to yourself that he was wrong in not giving you a chance.

  2. Post
    swazi wrote:
    Despite the negative experience. See through the emotional aspect. Sometimes abrasive people like that tell the hard truth and tell us things that we may not see ourselves/choose to ignore. Use the negative experience to fuel your desire to better for yourself. Prove to yourself that he was wrong in not giving you a chance.
    I feel like he decided who I was in his head without even talking to me, and nothing I said was going to change that.
    I'm super glad I studied what I did at uni, and I'm going to continue working hard to get the career that I want, while not listening to negative people who find the need to tear me down.

  3. Post
    Or perhaps look past the assholery and take some constructive feedback from the experience (e.g. not being confident at interview)

  4. Post
    KevinL wrote:
    Or perhaps look past the assholery and take some constructive feedback from the experience (e.g. not being confident at interview)
    Yup. This will be especially important if you're going for roles above your experience level, like you said you just applied for.

  5. Post
    I am not applying for anything I am underqualified for. Never had an issue with interviews in the past, and I think I do pretty well for someone who is extremely shy and has a lot of social anxiety. It's something I'm constantly working on. However, having someone talking at you, not to you, talking over you when you are speaking etc isn't the easiest thing to deal with.

  6. Post
    Tomorrow is another day

  7. Post
    Next interview, take an axe, and just sit there tapping it idly on the ground.

    Might get you a more polite interviewer.

  8. Post
    i want a job where i can just stagnate and never have to take constructive feedback

  9. Post
    Arent those council or government jobs?

  10. Post
    clockblock wrote:
    i want a job where i can just stagnate and never have to take constructive feedback
    u should be in prison tbqh
    https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/...de/?comments=1

  11. Post
    blissfuljoy wrote:
    Bababa!
    and that's even more racist! and specist too!

    poor Dolly's rolling in her grave right now.

  12. Post
    what would happen if they attempted to prosecute under the harmful digital communications act, and then it made me kill myself.

    dont suppose theres a harmful harmful digital communications act act?

  13. Post
    swazi wrote:
    Arent those council or government jobs?
    It was just a boring entry level admin job I had interviewed for

  14. Post
    4wd wrote:
    and that's even more racist! and specist too!

    poor Dolly's rolling in her grave right now.
    Nah bro, "ba" is Pinyin (minus the tone) for 8 in Mandarin.

  15. Post
    blissfuljoy wrote:
    Nah bro, "ba" is Pinyin (minus the tone) for 8 in Mandarin.
    still sounds racist to me. its just not the decent Christian thing to do. its the mark of a man with low morals if you ask me.

  16. Post
    Sunlight wrote:
    It was just a boring entry level admin job I had interviewed for
    classic season 8 rory

  17. Post
    Did more than 3x my normal output at work today and worked an extra 2 hours. I didn't realise how burnt out I'd feel afterwards and it's only Monday. Feeling like shiiiiiit

  18. Post
    Yesterday I worked from 9am to 11pm. Served 219 people for lunch, sat down for half an hour, cleaned up and and prepped for a mean as dessert for dinner service, did dinner service and scrubbed the kitchen. Was pretty tired by the end of it.

  19. Post
    TECHNOVIKING wrote:
    Yesterday I worked from 9am to 11pm. Served 219 people for lunch, sat down for half an hour, cleaned up and and prepped for a mean as dessert for dinner service, did dinner service and scrubbed the kitchen. Was pretty tired by the end of it.
    No breakfast service? Easy mode.

  20. Post
    Nope. Breakfast is just cold meat and cheese with bread/crackers and jams. Self serve. Never have to wake up super early

  21. Post
    Downside of working at a remote mansion is that it takes so long to go home. 1 hour walk + 1 hour bus + 10 min train and 15 min walk. Working 8 days next work week tho, to get 6 days off to see Ricky Gervaise and Neurosis

  22. Post
    TECHNOVIKING wrote:
    1 hour walk + 1 hour bus + 10 min train and 15 min walk.
    I get the whole awesome job in awesome spot in awesome country and all, but naaaaaah. Bugger that unless you're getting paid for travel time.

  23. Post
    Mancubus wrote:
    I get the whole awesome job in awesome spot in awesome country and all, but naaaaaah. Bugger that unless you're getting paid for travel time.
    I think it's more about the awesome sexy times with awesome Nordic rock star

  24. Post
    Well if it was all only about the rockstar, then I'd look for any shitty job closer to his town. But this job I have now is actually pretty amazing. It's not about the money either, since the Swedish income tax is 30% so I get close to minimum wage in NZ after tax. But so far it's been a pretty chill job with cool people. Sometimes it feels like we talk more than work. But I got called the Chef de Patissier and I had a mylifeiscomplete moment. They're even asking me to consider start making wedding cakes.

  25. Post
    TECHNOVIKING wrote:
    Downside of working at a remote mansion is that it takes so long to go home. 1 hour walk + 1 hour bus + 10 min train and 15 min walk. Working 8 days next work week tho, to get 6 days off to see Ricky Gervaise and Neurosis
    A...1 hour walk...after a double? That's impressive!