Page 1 of 3 123 Last

1. Post

A thread to discuss how ****ed up GPForums is (no posts about the mods)

Do bandwagons still earn a ban???

2. Post
    locking threads = authoritarian censorship which is basically turning threads into concentration camps

change my mind

3. Post
    Locked in 3, 2, 1...

4. Post
    ClavulanateV2 wrote:
    locking threads = authoritarian censorship which is basically turning threads into concentration camps

change my mind
    FFS show me where it says locked threads are concentration camps in the definition.

5. Post
    ClavulanateV2 wrote:

change my mind
    Oh so now you support free speech, funny that.

Can we just rename it ConcentrationCampPlanet instead of GamePlanet?

The acronym just works, instead of GP, it's now CCP
    Now where have I heard of CCP before...mhm

6. Post
    Was looking forward to discussing how Julian Assange is a Russian asset, just not with Thunderstorm and skylinerd

7. Post
    can we discuss how shit the admins are then?

8. Post
    TatonkaBill wrote:
    FFS show me where it says locked threads are concentration camps in the definition.
    show me where it says in the definition that concentration camps are a bad thing!

9. Post
    I was enjoying that thread too.

10. Post
    I absolutely wasn’t and the moderating was good but I’m very bored without it

11. Post
    Can I recommend the SOCTS thread to people who want to avoid the toxicity.

12. Post
    A sure sign your forum is turning to complete shit is when 90% of new members that post are just existing users that have been banned.

I'm sure legit new users to these forums experience goes something like this:

13. Post
    DW wrote:

I'm sure legit new users to these forums experience goes something like this:
    Pretty much how I was until I got sucked into the fold. Took a while to be indoctrinated, but now addicted.

14. Post
    MXRecord wrote:
    I was enjoying that thread too.
    I'm interested in the topic, but stopped reading it a few days ago. The nastiness got off the scale. I think it's a little ironic how fired up people get over something that the vast majority of us have zero control over.

I'd also love to contribute, but aren't well-read enough on US politics - not really interested in being disrespectfully shouted down by someone louder just because they've watched a few more YouTube vids than me.

No problem with the moderation, and locking it seems like a good idea. Hopefully people calm down a bit when it's reopened, but suspect that the seething and frothing will just have intensified.

15. Post
    remember when GP meats were a thing lol

16. Post
    Frederick James wrote:

I'd also love to contribute, but aren't well-read enough on US politics - not really interested in being disrespectfully shouted down by someone louder just because they've watched a few more YouTube vids than me.
    And that's why I locked it. It had turned into a thread where very little felt welcome to discuss their opinions because of a few members who were/are vitriolic. I heavily believe in the opportunity to discuss politics - it's something I loved seeing in the last election we had. So many more people were joining in on the discussion that I had seen in recent years.

As a mod I refused to provide my 2c worth in fear of Kierbier frothing at the mouth with some sort of slur because you were wrong and he was right.

17. Post
    Rii wrote:
    As a mod I refused to provide my 2c worth in fear of Kierbier frothing at the mouth with some sort of slur because you were wrong and he was right.
    Yeah same for me. Do you guys know who's smurf he is? You don't have to say, just interested in whether the mods/admins know.

18. Post
    Yesterday I was literally called a concentration camp supporter and a nazi by a forum member and when I complained a mod told me to eat a dick. This forum has lost all control. I have noticed a severe decline in the last year.

19. Post
    did you try following their advice Bobs

20. Post
    Bobs wrote:
    Yesterday I was literally called a concentration camp supporter and a nazi by a forum member and when I complained a mod told me to eat a dick. This forum has lost all control. I have noticed a severe decline in the last year.
    The American threads are where it all seems to come out to be fair. It would be nice to be able to have a sensible discussion about but it seems more about point scoring.

How is the US Bobs? Played with many sweet guns?

21. Post
    sorceror wrote:
    did you try following their advice Bobs
    Of course. I'm not a choosy man.

22. Post
    SL1CKSTA wrote:
    The American threads are where it all seems to come out to be fair. It would be nice to be able to have a sensible discussion about but it seems more about point scoring.

How is the US Bobs? Played with many sweet guns?
    No. I hate guns and they should be banned from the public. The US is good though. I prefer the Southern States because there's less cretins down here. People are more friendly in Texas than Washington without a doubt.

23. Post
    It's probably a natural sunset for a place like this. The vast majority of posters are centrist and reasonable, so there's usually not much to add to discussion. So the deranged stick out like sore thumbs and you can't talk those people back to something resembling adult levels of emotional intelligence so the convo is only going to go one way.

In other news, this morning a monkey tried to steal my jandal off the porch. The only other projectile I had was the remaining jandal, which I threw at it, and his mate stole that one.

Take care out there.

24. Post
    Bobs wrote:
    No. I hate guns and they should be banned from the public. The US is good though. I prefer the Southern States because there's less cretins down here. People are more friendly in Texas than Washington without a doubt.
    Yeah would love to visit Texas I do hear the same that about those states, wouldn't mind checking Colorado either.
    Pity about the gun part I find the culture to be very interesting but each to there own

25. Post
    Honestly if the low quality contributors just got warnings/suspended/blocked for dragging it down in to the mud some good conversations could be had. Its not hard to spot them