Stream of HOSciousness Transfer Station (NSFW)

Thread Rating: 39 votes, 3.54 average.
(39 votes)
Results 61,176 to 61,200 of 62634

1. Post
    bradc wrote:
    Boxing has Mike Tyson. League has John Hopoate. Jeff Bezos managed to cheat on his wife, and it's going to cost him 69 billion dollars. A high profile scandal can be found in any arena.

Maybe it helps when you have a personal beef with cycling to begin with. Hehe, bunch of vegan lycra wearing lesbians.
    ^ Nailed it... and just because you can name Lance Armstrong does not mean you can name other high profile drug cheats... and then there's the facts... Every other person including most cyclists already thought that Armstrong was an egotistical megalomaniac. Also we've gone through a period of elite international sport in the last 30 years since the 1980s that to be the best athlete in the world in any sport that requires some kind of physical activity and fitness... unless your name so happens to be Cadel Evans... and you're a freak of human nature you have to cheat.

Read his history, without drugs Lance was just a pleb in the elite cycling world. He was a one win wonder and probably would never have won a grand tour without drugs. That says more about Lance's character than cycling.

2. Post
    bradc wrote:
    Boxing has Mike Tyson. League has John Hopoate. Jeff Bezos managed to cheat on his wife, and it's going to cost him 69 billion dollars. A high profile scandal can be found in any arena.

Maybe it helps when you have a personal beef with cycling to begin with. Hehe, bunch of vegan lycra wearing lesbians.
    How is Mike Tyson corrupt? Yeah he bit off an ear but pre-prison he was so good he didn't need to be corrupt.

3. Post
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List...ses_in_cycling

Just the first four months of 2018 names. It’s a ridiculous sport in terms of pretending to be drug free. They should just let them go for it, there’s basically nothing they can do to clean it up.

On 31 January, Juan Carlos Rojas ( Frijoles Los Tierniticos) was suspended by the UCI after testing positive for the third generation blood boost, EPO-CERA, at the 2017 Vuelta Ciclista a Costa Rica. Rojas won the overall classification in the race.[680]
    On 31 January, Cesar Rojas Villalegas was suspended by the UCI after testing positive for the third generation blood boost, EPO-CERA, at the 2017 Vuelta Ciclista a Costa Rica. Villalegas came third in the general classification of the race.[680]
    On 31 January, Leandro Varela was suspended by the UCI after testing positive for the third generation blood boost, EPO-CERA, at the 2017 Vuelta Ciclista a Costa Rica.[680]
    On 31 January, Vladimir Fernandez was suspended by the UCI after testing positive for the third generation blood boost, EPO-CERA, at the 2017 Vuelta Ciclista a Costa Rica. Fernandez won stage 4 of the race.[680]
    On 31 January, Jose Villalobos was suspended by the UCI after testing positive for the third generation blood boost, EPO-CERA, at the 2017 Vuelta Ciclista a Costa Rica.[680]
    On 31 January, Jason Huertas was suspended by the UCI after testing positive for the third generation blood boost, EPO-CERA, at the 2017 Vuelta Ciclista a Costa Rica.[680]
    On 31 January, Jose Irias was suspended by the UCI after testing positive for the third generation blood boost, EPO-CERA, at the 2017 Vuelta Ciclista a Costa Rica.[680]
    On 31 January, Gabriel Marin was suspended by the UCI after testing positive for the third generation blood boost, EPO-CERA, at the 2017 Vuelta Ciclista a Costa Rica.[680]
    On 31 January, Melvin Mora Garita was suspended by the UCI after testing positive for the third generation blood boost, EPO-CERA, at the 2017 Vuelta Ciclista a Costa Rica.[680]
    On 31 January, Kevin Murillo Solano was suspended by the UCI after testing positive for the third generation blood boost, EPO-CERA, at the 2017 Vuelta Ciclista a Costa Rica.[680]
    On 31 January, Jordy Sandoval was suspended by the UCI after testing positive for the third generation blood boost, EPO-CERA, at the 2017 Vuelta Ciclista a Costa Rica.[680]
    On 18 February, Fatemeh Hadavand tested positive for anabolic androgenic steroids.[681]
    On 22 February, Maedeh Nazari tested positive for anabolic androgenic steroids.[681]
    On 1 March, Ignacio Maldonado tested positive for CERA at the 2018 edition of the Vuelta a San Juan, in a sample taken on 21 January - whilst riding for the Uruguayan national team.[682]
    On 11 April, news broke that Rémy Di Gregorio (Delko–Marseille Provence KTM) had failed an in-competition doping test for darbepoetin (EPO) on March 8, during the 2018 edition of Paris–Nice.[683][684]

4. Post
    bradc wrote:
    What's going on there with the corn.
    Mexico is going on with it, that's one sweet elote

5. Post
    No one is arguing this point, not even I am but most people would not know who most of those riders were. Unless you're riding at a minimum on a Continental team in Europe most people have no idea who you are and those that tune in for the Olympics, World Championships, and Grand Tours (which is what the vast majority of people outside of those who watch Spring Classics pay attention to)... Bo Noddy doesn't even know who those people are...

People get busted for drugs in every sport... At least the UCI publishes it... Yes drugs are a problem even in local club competition but this is the case in any high performance sport that requires any degree of athletic ability and cycling is no different.

6. Post
    I would be more shocked at cycling if someone wasnt on drugs.

7. Post
    LOL Project Crimson on the news just now (protecting pohutukawa trees)... a representative stated "a single possum can go through 20,000 tons of foliage in a night".

That's a big possum.

8. Post
    ^lol

9. Post
    Bloodline wrote:
    I would be more shocked at cycling if someone wasnt on drugs.
    To put things in perspective Cadel Evans was the last Grand Tour winner most people would recognise without some kind of controversy about doping. Pretty much everyone objectively before dating back to Miguel Indurain was doping and has objectively been found out, pretty much everyone including the riders currently on Sky are under extreme suspicion of doping. But Team Sky doesn't call it doping they call it extracting the diminishing gains. Which in Froome's case is puff puff... climb climb.... Miguel Indurain is also a cancer on the sport.

10. Post
    Cycling is barely a sport to be fair. It's for nerds who want to pretend they're doing something people care about, but actually have no athletic ability.
    You know abilities like foot/hand eye co-ordination, timing, skill, soft touch, the ability to read people and play. Then the obvious physical abilities like strength, speed, power, reflexes, acceleration, jumping, agility etc etc.

With cycling you get on a wheeled contraption that gives you the illusion of being athletic, you ride in a big bunch, and the person with the best drugs powers away at the end. It's very dull and it's amazing that all pro's dope themselves up to the eyeballs in order to be the best at something no one cares about. There's a bit of fitness needed, but you need that in every sport. There's no other attributes needed that proper athletes have.

There's also very little in the way of that direct competition with another person that you get with proper sports like football, basketball, rugby. Big prop running straight at you that you have to stop at all cost, a speedy winger with Eden Hazard like skill that you somehow have to tackle, you standing between the net and a 6 foot 8 behemoth who's going to dunk over your ass. There's none of those cool mini exchanges in dumb sports like cycling.

(This doesn't apply to cool cycling disciplines that require some of the attributes I mentioned above. Mountain biking, track cycling etc.)

11. Post
    Ok... you go out and ride in a bunch on the road, with a bunch of people even learning to ride nose to tail without clipping wheels or riding up the back of someone is an acquired skill... To be fair I see your point, I don't agree with it, but your entitled to it. There are tactics like any other sport and the uninitiated even in peak fitness can't just pick up a bicycle and win races... that kind of logic makes no sense at all and its not really worth a longer response.

12. Post
    Ugh sick of people assuming I'm cishet

13. Post
    clockblock wrote:
    Ugh sick of people assuming I'm cishet
    What is cishet?

14. Post
    Vulcan wrote:
    Oh you've taken to names, how nice. Did your lycra get stuck up your backside again? You know if you stuffed that useless degree down your pants it'd stop that from happening.
    Hes taken up a good page worth of posts defending cycling, looking forward to him moving onto the degree thing.

15. Post
    Nah, I'm done with that... Can lead a horse to water... Can't force the horse to drink it... cycling is cool... conflating recreational cycling with sports cycling is just weird though... Or assuming you could just waltz in with a bit of training and no history in any sport is weird... These kids start riding on 700c adult bikes from the age of 13 as soon as they hit their first growth spurt where they reach the princely height of over 5ft tall and can ride a 48 to 52cm bike. Assuming you can walk into a sport in your 20s or 30s with no experience of it what so ever while calling people recreational numpties who don't engage in a "real sport" is blatantly ridiculous.

I'm done with this, someone change the topic please.

16. Post
    It's 2019 video games are sports, try to keep up.

17. Post
    WhangaDan wrote:
    What is cishet?
    Some obscure memelord/alt shit that you're not worthy of I suppose.

18. Post
    This is what happens when you call video games sport.

19. Post
    Roumelio wrote:
    Nah, I'm done with that... Can lead a horse to water... Can't force the horse to drink it... cycling is cool... conflating recreational cycling with sports cycling is just weird though... Or assuming you could just waltz in with a bit of training and no history in any sport is weird... These kids start riding on 700c adult bikes from the age of 13 as soon as they hit their first growth spurt where they reach the princely height of over 5ft tall and can ride a 48 to 52cm bike. Assuming you can walk into a sport in your 20s or 30s with no experience of it what so ever while calling people recreational numpties who don't engage in a "real sport" is blatantly ridiculous.

I'm done with this, someone change the topic please.
    Still rinsing out cycling...

20. Post
    here's the Club de Cuervos new season trailer, complete with haka

21. Post
    CODChimera wrote:
    It's 2019 video games are sports, try to keep up.
    E-Sport

Not even the players themselves call it sport.

22. Post
    So I'm watching some footage of the All Whites and their road to the World Cup in 2010. I came across this video. Don't watch the whole thing.....just from 2:20 onwards.......

23. Post
    y;all folx ever think of pulling a hopoate and skullbuggering off with this sports shit lol

24. Post
    Cycling is fun. It's more fun when you're not deploying a parachute . All the top pros are juicing, either blood transfusion or other ways but hey, it's still fun to spectate someone going fast. I don't get all the animosity

25. Post