Stream of HOSciousness Transfer Station (NSFW)

Thread Rating: 40 votes, 3.58 average.
(40 votes)
Results 68,776 to 68,800 of 68852

1. Post
    Mum is doing my head in

2. Post
    I've been out of the house for one day and it's a ****ing disaster zone

3. Post
    pc gone mad @icecream

4. Post
    if you want to read about PC gone mad, check out the skunkworkz thread

5. Post
    Bloodline wrote:
    probably a vegan that complained.

6. Post
    Bloodline wrote:
    How do you make the jump from ice cream to smokes seriously.

2019 everybody
    I was substantiating a false claim. It's easier for people to understand it when levied against something a little more sinister.

7. Post
    bloody brainlets

8. Post
    Rii wrote:
    I was substantiating a false claim. It's easier for people to understand it when levied against something a little more sinister.
    Is it false though? In the short term, surely you'd concede that the sweet sugar rush would indeed make you happy, or at least improve your mood? Just playing devils advocate here really Rii, not having a go at you. Agree that the long term effects of over consumption are bad, but to me that is more about willpower, and being an adult who makes informed adult decisions, rather than an advertising standards issue.

I mean, no one is going to ditch antidepressant medication to take up eating Magnums.

9. Post
    Rii wrote:
    Ice cream does make people happy though. Eating prompts the brain to release feel good hormones, endorphins.

So it isn't a false calm at all.

10. Post
    Unlike the claim of the most transparent government in NZ history. I feel like crossing my arms and laying a complaint

11. Post
    Remember the "Coke adds life" campaign/slogan that they had for many years? It doesn't/didn't, but that was when people weren't such snowflakes

How about "Red Bull gives you wings"? I've had Red Bull a few times. Admittedly it was often with a shot of Jagermeister dropped into it, but not once, not one single f**king time did wings sprout out of my back.

It's just advertising bluff and bluster.

12. Post
    The comments... I thought YouTube was blocked in China... hmm

13. Post
    On the one hand, it seems like advertising puffery and banning the adverts seems OTT.

On the other hand, we live somewhere suffering from some of the highest rates of obesity and depression in the OECD. Maybe it's time to be a bit more responsible with our advertising standards.

14. Post
    We need plain packaging on ice creams immediately.

15. Post
    Or like, some kind of tax?

Sorry, I don't mean to pour scorn on it, but I just think that the world has bigger issues now and in the future than a sign that says "Icecream makes you happy".

16. Post
    yeah like a stupid tax

17. Post
    Yeah, but it’s only news because:

We have an existing standards authority that acts on complaints
    People complained

It’s not like the Government or whatever has been like “ah **** we need to deal with signs as an important matter of policy!”. Some angry punter had a whinge to an institution, and they had to act on it.

Tbh I’m going to have a fat whinge to whatever authority there is about getting speed bumps installed on my street, and I’m going to enjoy it. There’s no doubt higher priorities in life but I’m actually mad as **** about the speed people smash down here, when it’s a narrow ass street. It’s terrifying getting in and out of my car. I’ve aged to the point of civic engagement and boomer brain.

18. Post
    Sure Chloe.

19. Post
    They didn't have to act on it. They made a choice.

20. Post
    They didn't have to uphold it, but I'm pretty sure they had to act on it.

21. Post
    Before Spartacus: Second Servile War against the Roman Republic:

22. Post
    WeenieBeenie wrote:
    We need plain packaging on ice creams immediately.
    It will soon be considered a class 4 narcotic..

23. Post
    OK boomer

24. Post
    remember that discourse on intergenerational inequity is no substitute for discourse on class.

25. Post
    Name:  tumblr_64490bbbd2c9b2350d80891d6e4eaaee_076ac77f_640.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  95.4 KB