Stream of HOSciousness Transfer Station (NSFW)

Thread Rating: 40 votes, 3.58 average.
(40 votes)
Results 67,126 to 67,150 of 68174

1. Smile
    jdz wrote:
    Bit stumped at the moment, I've got a friend of my brothers staying in my spare sleepout for the night.
    He has no where else to go and has been couch surfing for a while now, does anyone know what to do about finding him some emergency housing?
    Start here maybe?

https://www.workandincome.govt.nz/el...s/housing.html

2. Post
    jdz wrote:
    Bit stumped at the moment, I've got a friend of my brothers staying in my spare sleepout for the night.
    He has no where else to go and has been couch surfing for a while now, does anyone know what to do about finding him some emergency housing?
    your spare sleepout can be his emergency roof over his head. while at the same time get him to go see see work and income.

3. Post
    jdz wrote:
    Don't tell winz he has a place to stay at yours. They won't give him emergency accomodation otherwise

4. Post
    retweet if you're secretly a goat and don't know how to tell your family

5. Post
    In a strange twist of fate I've ended up in a Sunday afternoon whisky drinking group with the first general of the Tanzanian Army who led the country to independence in the 60's (and then subsequently fought against and ousted Idi Amin), and his meteorologist friend.

I don't really like whisky, but the better work stories are going to be excellent.

6. Post
    theradio wrote:
    In a strange twist of fate I've ended up in a Sunday afternoon whisky drinking group with the first general of the Tanzanian Army who led the country to independence in the 60's (and then subsequently fought against and ousted Idi Amin), and his meteorologist friend.

I don't really like whisky, but the better work stories are going to be excellent.
    No that’s a life experience! Awesome.

7. Post
    Thunderstorm wrote:
    your spare sleepout can be his emergency roof over his head. while at the same time get him to go see see work and income.
    Yeah that's pretty much the plan at the moment. GF was the one really opposed to it at the time but I've talked her around. We're off to WINZ today, trying to get his CV sorted out and whatever else we need to do to get him on his feet.
    He's got a lot to sort out and work on but I'm fairly confident I can help him out

8. Post
    Is the Sir Grim ban permanent this time?

9. Post
    doubt it

10. Post
    jords wrote:
    Is the Sir Grim ban permanent this time?
    Got to be months at least! And kierbear?

11. Post
    meh.

12. Post
    I could use a nice biscotti right about now

13. Thumbs up
    Just had dinner,

Roast chicken thigh with stuffing and brussel sprouts, broccoli and Kumra.

14. Post
    That's an early dinner.

15. Smile
    Bloodline wrote:
    That's an early dinner.
    Yeah it's a bad habit from when i lived with my mother,

I never really got any lunch for school so afterwards i bought it from the gas station down the road,
    I even remember one time when i got home and no one else was home and everything was locked.

Had to sleep in the dog house.

16. Post
    If I have an early dinner I usually fall asleep too early haha. I hate going to bed too early. Makes life feel like just work and sleep.

17. Thumbs up
    At least i had the dog to keep me warm that night.

Was a German Sheppard and was about as big as me as far as i remember.

18. Post
    Opposite here, usually have dinner after 8, often after 9 lol

19. Smile
    i.e.awesome wrote:
    Do you stay up late?

I'm usually in bed by 8pm.

20. Post
    i.e.awesome wrote:
    I can't do that, and I don't think you should have carbs that late

21. Post
    w0lfbrains wrote:
    I can't do that, and I don't think you should have carbs that late
    I'm of the opinion that only calories in/calories out matters. AFAIK there isn't any proof that eating carbs at night causes you to gain any more weight than eating the same amount at any other time of day.

I don't eat again until 10 or 12 the next day, anyway.

22. Post
    Breakfast doesn't make too much sense when you've had dinner the night before. It's not like you've burnt through those calories while sleeping.

23. Post
    I mean you kinda do, thats the point of BMR

A average 80kg person will burn somewhere around 600 calories during 8 hours of sleep. this can increase if your body needs to increase warmth or repair from activities.

24. Post
    Random PSA that nobody asked for: It takes over 4 days to watch all of Seth's Bike Hacks videos

25. Post
    fuzzy2308 wrote:
    Random PSA that nobody asked for: It takes over 4 days to watch all of Seth's Bike Hacks videos
    I don't see you posting in the Mountain Bike thread?

Also if you're into his videos, then you've probably seen his cheap bike ones. But this tops it: