Stream of HOSciousness Transfer Station (NSFW)

Thread Rating: 40 votes, 3.58 average.
(40 votes)
Results 67,376 to 67,400 of 68565

1. Post
    You're right. I missed the perfect opportunity to get away with it.

2. Post
    #poochat

3. Post
    Magic Robertson wrote:
    I'll be good, my doctor gave me a script for 90 lorazapam or something, I thought when he gave it to me "wtf?"
    I didn't question him, But i swear he shouldn't have done that.
    They're "chill pills", I get 20 every 6 months. They push the same GABA button in your head as drinking alcohol so you can feel relaxed in the same way without shredding your liver.

You must know why you got 90, I don't believe you that it's a surprise. If you're taking them daily it's probably for alcoholism so you don't have a seizure.

If I'm wrong I apologise.

WeenieBeenie wrote:
    Just heavy rain overnight and still raining now. We all want to play, but the council wants to protect the fields because they get destroyed if they're too wet. I actually can't remember the last time I played on a miserable rainy day. Those games are fun.
    Mancubus wrote:
    TBH at my age it's just nice to have muddy shorts and be confident that I haven't accidentally shit myself.
    Don't they put sand under the grass these days? 20 years ago those fields used to be gross mudfests but all the decent ones have figured out how drainage works.

4. Post
    What a difference sitting in your chair with a straight back does, feet planted flat on the floor legs at 90 degrees. There's a difference between those who sit and have back pain and those who sit and don't. What a surprise.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	officechairheader.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	43.5 KB 
ID:	226977

Combine this with proper lifting and bending down technique + developed muscles

5. Post
    Quasi ELVIS wrote:
    Don't they put sand under the grass these days? 20 years ago those fields used to be gross mudfests but all the decent ones have figured out how drainage works.
    I don't know. Some of the pitches I've played on in Dunedin have definitely had a sand base, but I doubt the local ones are.
    I would think it would only help to a certain degree. You can't play on grass and sand alone so there needs to be soil there which would instantly tear up. If we played on a pitch right now we'd tear it to bits. It's been raining for 24 hours straight and the ducks are out on the fields.

6. Post
    Thought you guys were DJs for a second there.

7. Smile
    Quasi ELVIS wrote:
    You must know why you got 90, I don't believe you that it's a surprise. If you're taking them daily it's probably for alcoholism so you don't have a seizure.

If I'm wrong I apologize.
    I'm not an alcoholic, I don't drink no more.

Although a week or so a go i did attack my own knee and i showed the doctor the damage.
    Was quite bruised/black etc.

Not explaining why on here though, unless anyone will ask via pm.

8. Post
    Woke up to a leaky roof. The joys of home ownership.

9. Post
    frio wrote:
    Just Flex Tape it brooooo

Name:	black-flex-tape-specialty-anti-slip-tape-tfsblkr0405-64_1000.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	137.2 KB 
ID:	226986

10. Post
    Shits wizardry

11. Post
    Water's already busted through and damaged the ceiling. Yesterday, no visible signs; today, half a bucket load. I'm actually vaguely suspicious of a drain overflow or something tbh, but someone's borrowed my ladder and I can't have a peak.

Does that tape work? I'm actually clueless so if it does I'll get to Bunnings immediately.

12. Post
    Surprisingly it's a pretty good temporary solution

13. Post
    The Warehouse sells it too - if that's more convenient.

14. Post
    Sicko, cheers

15. Post
    So Ive just found out there is a warrant for my arrest, How I found out is I picked up all the mail off the ground from
    neighbours letter box, they moved out about 3 months ago and they still haven't changed their address yet and they never come to collect their mail so it builds up and falls out, when I picked up all their mail, I found a court letter with my name on it. But my letter was sent to my neighbours letter box instead of my letter box. It seems who ever sent the letter from the court made a mistake with the address, I am number 20A not 20. hence why I didn't get the court hearing letter. So now I have missed the court hearing which was last tuesday the 6th of august and now there is a warrant for my arrest. I wonder if the cops will come around looking for me today before I get a chance to phone them tomorrow.

16. Post
    Thunderstorm wrote:
    So Ive just found out there is a warrant for my arrest, How I found out is I picked up all the mail off the ground from
    neighbours letter box, they moved out about 3 months ago and they still haven't changed their address yet and they never come to collect their mail so it builds up and falls out, when I picked up all their mail, I found a court letter with my name on it. But my letter was sent to my neighbours letter box instead of my letter box. It seems who ever sent the letter from the court made a mistake with the address, I am number 20A not 20. hence why I didn't get the court hearing letter. So now I have missed the court hearing which was last tuesday the 6th of august and now there is a warrant for my arrest. I wonder if the cops will come around looking for me today before I get a chance to phone them tomorrow.
    What was the initial incident?

17. Smile
    frio wrote:
    Just the one leak? Newbie.

My house always has some sort of problem on the cards, Sometimes a cheap fix and sometimes my bank gets emptied.

18. Post
    ludez wrote:
    its unpaid speed camera fines $590, I didn't know anything about these fines, never received any letter. they do have my correct address number 20A in their system because I received a fine back in february which I paid. Funny thing is one of the speeding fines is from 2009 10 years ago lol.

19. Post
    ludez wrote:
    Beastiality?

20. Post
    Thunderstorm wrote:
    I wonder if the cops will come around looking for me today before I get a chance to phone them tomorrow.
    Why do you have to wait until tomorrow? Are the local police not there 7 days a week?

21. Post
    gneiss wrote:
    Why do you have to wait until tomorrow? Are the local police not there 7 days a week?
    The 0800434637 ministry of justice number on letter answer phone says they are closed until 7 am tomorrow morning.

22. Post
    Ahh, so you aren’t calling the cops. Fair enough then.

23. Post
    what about that 108 or something number? The non emergency number or does that revert to the 0800 number?

24. Post
    Anroid wrote:
    What a difference sitting in your chair with a straight back does, feet planted flat on the floor legs at 90 degrees. There's a difference between those who sit and have back pain and those who sit and don't. What a surprise.

Name:	officechairheader.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	43.5 KB 
ID:	226977

Combine this with proper lifting and bending down technique + developed muscles
    By far the best thing to do which helps your back is muscle strength around your shoulders. I was given a rubber band thing with instructions to grip it palm up in front of my chest and pull it out wide as far as possible with all the work being done by the back of my shoulders. Because I'm a tall computer person, the theory was that it would make me less slouchy. It mostly worked.

WeenieBeenie wrote:
    I don't know. Some of the pitches I've played on in Dunedin have definitely had a sand base, but I doubt the local ones are.
    I would think it would only help to a certain degree. You can't play on grass and sand alone so there needs to be soil there which would instantly tear up. If we played on a pitch right now we'd tear it to bits. It's been raining for 24 hours straight and the ducks are out on the fields.
    Need a bit of dirt in there somewhere, there will be a % combination that works best. I assume it's quite expensive to do properly.

frio wrote:
    Most people I know think owning a house is the ultimate achievement in life but it seems like a huge pain in the ass to me. I'd much rather pay rent than stress about whether my roof is leaking.

Thunderstorm wrote:
    So Ive just found out there is a warrant for my arrest
    I had a good laugh when I read this sentence.

You should go to the local court and figure it out otherwise you'll end up getting arrested at a traffic stop and held in jail overnight or something. I dunno if you've ever had to sleep in a police cell but believe me when I say it's uncomfortable. The food sucks as well, wheatbix and pies.

25. Post
    frio wrote:
    Water's already busted through and damaged the ceiling. Yesterday, no visible signs; today, half a bucket load. I'm actually vaguely suspicious of a drain overflow or something tbh, but someone's borrowed my ladder and I can't have a peak.

Does that tape work? I'm actually clueless so if it does I'll get to Bunnings immediately.
    What kind of roof is it anyway?

We used to use this tape for small leaks on long run https://www.bunnings.co.nz/masons-10...tape_p00281802

It sticks like shit to a blanket.

Also check all the flashings are fitting properly. If it has screws check that they are sitting properly on their rubber washers. Just remember that water travels so where you see the leak in the house may not be where its from above.
    And yup good idea to make sure gutters are cleaned.