Stream of HOSciousness Transfer Station (NSFW)

Thread Rating: 40 votes, 3.58 average.
(40 votes)
Results 67,401 to 67,425 of 68134

1. Post
    Anroid wrote:
    What a difference sitting in your chair with a straight back does, feet planted flat on the floor legs at 90 degrees. There's a difference between those who sit and have back pain and those who sit and don't. What a surprise.

Attachment 226977

Combine this with proper lifting and bending down technique + developed muscles

2. Smile
    Quasi ELVIS wrote:
    By far the best thing to do which helps your back is muscle strength around your shoulders. I was given a rubber band thing with instructions to grip it palm up in front of my chest and pull it out wide as far as possible with all the work being done by the back of my shoulders. Because I'm a tall computer person, the theory was that it would make me less slouchy. It mostly worked.
    A combination of both you and anroids ideas and people would be sorted.

Although most people would rather complain than to practice proper posture techniques and work on muscles.

3. Post
    swazi wrote:
    What kind of roof is it anyway?

We used to use this tape for small leaks on long run https://www.bunnings.co.nz/masons-10...tape_p00281802

It sticks like shit to a blanket.

Also check all the flashings are fitting properly. If it has screws check that they are sitting properly on their rubber washers. Just remember that water travels so where you see the leak in the house may not be where its from above.
    And yup good idea to make sure gutters are cleaned.
    Cheers . I went through the inside very carefully and couldn't find any evidence of water running along anything, but it also seemed like I couldn't actually get above the bit that's damaged. We think we've spotted it after getting the ladder back and having a peek at the outside though; turns out the patch I can't see is actually a flat membrane patch, and the rear corner where a vertex of the roof runs down is *exactly* where the leak has appeared. It's the only flat membrane patch (the roof is wired down concrete tiles) and it's a pretty small square (I didn't even realise it was there), and it looks like the rear corner of it where in intersects with the vertex has probably just worn through. The gutters are mostly in good nick, which is lucky (we're under an oak tree and things can go from great to completely ****ed in one storm; I really should've checked them when it finally finished shedding).

Hopefully we can get a patch done, but it looks like even if the entire section has to be replaced it hopefully won't be expensive. I'm counting this as a win given how afraid I was of hunting down something else and discovering rotting wood in the roof or something.

4. Post
    So, is winter done? Crispy warm this evening.

5. Post
    Feels like temp of 4c here in the garden city at the moment, so nope. And we are forecast to get some overnight lows in the minuses next week.

6. Post
    Quasi ELVIS wrote:

I had a good laugh when I read this sentence.

You should go to the local court and figure it out otherwise you'll end up getting arrested at a traffic stop and held in jail overnight or something. I dunno if you've ever had to sleep in a police cell but believe me when I say it's uncomfortable. The food sucks as well, wheatbix and pies.
    Yep I will definitely sort it tomorrow morning , I hoping they will let me off the hook for not showing up to court, after all it was their fault for sending the letter to wrong address.

7. Post
    Crikey it'd be awesome if they fitted a breatheliser interlock

8. Post
    you know I was planning on having a sober day this morning, but after seeing this damn letter it kinda stuffed everything up

9. Post
    Well that explains everything.

10. Post
    Stoked with Spark sport. I only signed up for the Premier League, but you get a heap of other sports along with it. Formula 1, NBA, RWC, MMA, and apparently some E-sports. Not bad for $20 a month. I'd pay that for the EPL alone.

11. Post
    FYI the RWC is extra.

12. Post
    finished most of S1 of The Terror today.

13. Post
    I started it when it came out and stopped after episode 2 and haven't found my way back to it yet, worth watching?

14. Post
    Here's some ASMR to sleep to tonight.

15. Post
    Quasi ELVIS wrote:
    I dunno if you've ever had to sleep in a police cell but believe me when I say it's uncomfortable
    Story time

16. Post
    w0lfbrains wrote:
    Story time
    What kind of sheltered life have you led that you've never experienced a night in the cells?

17. Post
    I didn't get any breakfast, just an uncomfortable ride in a paddy wagon to court with degenerates.

18. Post
    Zarkov wrote:
    What kind of sheltered life have you led that you've never experienced a night in the cells?
    Don't get caught and learn how to handle your booze?

19. Post
    Only a few hours now until I face my demise.

20. Post
    That doesn't sound too good and I hope you get resurrected.

21. Post
    vogels thick fruit loaf is pretty good

22. Post
    Lethargic wrote:
    That doesn't sound too good and I hope you get resurrected.
    It's happened before *shrug*

23. Post
    w0lfbrains wrote:
    Don't get caught and learn how to handle your booze?
    Quasi ain't that bottom of the barrel... He's a white collar crim.

24. Post
    Thunderstorm wrote:
    you know I was planning on having a sober day this morning, but after seeing this damn letter it kinda stuffed everything up
    Ask the doctor about that kind of stuff.

w0lfbrains wrote:
    Story time
    Zarkov wrote:
    Pretty much. Being arrested sucks but you're a noob if you've never tried it.

25. Post
    It also varies greatly depending on where you spend said night