1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post
    Bring on Wednesday!

3. Post
    jords wrote:
    Bring on Wednesday!
    Mighty ape is shipping tomorrow

4. Post
    Just one more goddang day to survive

5. Post
    Valeyard wrote:
    Mighty ape is shipping tomorrow
    No same day delivery sadly

6. Post
    Hurry up and ship my copy, NZGameShop!

7. Post
    I find myself watching some awesome Brazilian guy play the multiplayer component in anticipation:

8. Post
    Curse you platform exclusivity. One day I'm going to have to spend a long weekend renting a Playstation and catching up on all the exclusives I've missed over on that side of the fence.

In regards to the stats, assuming PSN is anything like XBL, I assume they they surveyed the history of profiles carried across from PS3 to PS4 and found most of them free of The Last of Us saves/achievements etc, and drew a broad conclusion from that. (Either that, or they're talking out their arses.)

9. Post
    Or just surveyed a small sample of PS4 owners and extrapolated the results.

10. Post
    Xev wrote:
    Hurry up and ship my copy, NZGameShop!
    +1

11. Post
    Earlier this month, Sony claimed that most PlayStation 4 owners had not played The Last of Us. How it can know something like that is a mystery
    Presumably they look for PSN accounts with PS4's and see if any TLOU trophies are present. I'm sure they'd have some kind of database software capable of automating such a process.

12. Post
    ^ Yeah, the story I saw said it was based off PSN data... so yeah, they have the numbers of PSN accounts out there and they'll compare that to the % of PSN account owners with any PS3 trophies and without TLoU trophies on the account.

Aside from this they seemingly already been doing market research on PS4 owners as well to figure out that a large amount of PS4 owners didn't have a PS3 either (having had a Wii or X360 last gen). So it would make sense that those people didn't play the game on a PS3, because they didn't own one.

13. Post
    CardinalNZ wrote:
    Curse you platform exclusivity. One day I'm going to have to spend a long weekend renting a Playstation and catching up on all the exclusives I've missed over on that side of the fence.

In regards to the stats, assuming PSN is anything like XBL, I assume they they surveyed the history of profiles carried across from PS3 to PS4 and found most of them free of The Last of Us saves/achievements etc, and drew a broad conclusion from that. (Either that, or they're talking out their arses.)
    wait for ps now, play TLOU on a sony tv or sony phone or sony tablet since their plan is to have all compatible with it