1. Post
    GaR wrote:
    Crossing against the signal into the path of traffic 100% makes one a complete ****head, yes.
    People walk in front of cars, trains etc. by accident almost everyday. It doesn't make them any less of an individual, let alone equal to someone who fails to stop at the scene of an accident. Show some compassion and decency.

2. Post
    Roumelio wrote:
    You can do btter than that GaR. You know the other thing, I know you're a decent guy... Whatever... I'm gonna put it like this. When one of your passions in life is bicycles and you're surrounded by groups where people ride every day, you hear about death and cyclists every day around the world.
    Well that sounds very hard to deal with. I guess. It doesn't justify SST level ****ery.

Indigo1 wrote:
    People walk in front of cars, trains etc. by accident almost everyday. It doesn't make them any less of an individual, let alone equal to someone who fails to stop at the scene of an accident. Show some compassion and decency.
    Those people who do that are ****heads. Most are lucky ****heads. The victim in this case was an unlucky one. That has nothing to do with individuality, only ****headery. I never said it was equal levels of ****headery, either.

And you know what? No. ****heads who cause accidents deserve to be shamed. **** every single one of them.

3. Post
    Roumelio wrote:
    When one of your passions in life is bicycles and you're surrounded by groups where people ride every day, you hear about death and cyclists every day around the world.
    Oh you poor dear, I hope you've tweeted this to the world. I can see you and your buddies all lycra'd up crying in each others arms.

4. Post
    Vulcan wrote:
    Oh you poor dear, I hope you've tweeted this to the world. I can see you and your buddies all lycra'd up crying in each others arms.
    Not in this case but recently one of our own club members was hit by a car. I didn't know the guy well but it brings it home. Surprisingly it happened in a similar way. He was hit by a guy high on meth. It hasn't come to trial yet so I can't comment on his death, but I wouldn't be surprised if they guy that killed him will get a similarly light sentence.

At this point I've gotten to this stage where I'll admit a cyclists life isn't worth anything. Attitudes like yours prevail.

5. Post
    So someone you didn't know got hit by a car and died?

6. Post
    Vulcan wrote:
    So someone you didn't know got hit by a car and died?
    I said I didn't know him well. Cycling clubs are surprisingly large and you can meet people a few times and still not know much about them. You see them at a crit track or a velodrome and then you might not see that same person for months. Such is life. We are a community. You'd mourn the loss of a PC gamer also if they were part of a clan.

Why must I explain things in a way only Vulcan may understand it?

7. Post

8. Post
    I like that bicep press with the hand on the arm fold too. This guy knows all the tricks.

9. Post
    He totally deserved it.

Say ancient train that had been there for 50 years fell on his foot.

Now he's trying to blame someone else.

10. Post
    I nearly was able to deliver for gpod a stuff.co.nz article with me in it with crossed arms looking morose but alas didn't quite pan out:

A reporter contacted me today because the boys that just died in a ball of flames in chch stole and wrote off my car a month ago, and I was meant to have a rehabilitative meeting with them in the next few weeks.... They wanted a pic of me next to the car but they didn't realise it was written off and I don't have it anymore

11. Post
    nek minit, "But he was a good kid, heart of gold"

12. Post
    "He was a good kid. He was cheeky but what teenager wasn't"

13. Post
    trackers wrote:
    I nearly was able to deliver for gpod a stuff.co.nz article with me in it with crossed arms looking morose but alas didn't quite pan out:

A reporter contacted me today because the boys that just died in a ball of flames in chch stole and wrote off my car a month ago, and I was meant to have a rehabilitative meeting with them in the next few weeks.... They wanted a pic of me next to the car but they didn't realise it was written off and I don't have it anymore
    So how does a "rehabilitative meeting" work anyway? Is that where they blame their conduct on everyone else and make excuses?

*arms folded*

14. Post
    Bobs wrote:
    So how does a "rehabilitative meeting" work anyway? Is that where they blame their conduct on everyone else and make excuses?

*arms folded*
    Pretty much. the cops said there wasn't much they could do with them, and whatever they can do obviously isn't (and wasn't) much of a deterrent..

15. Post
    trackers wrote:

That story is insane. So they've stolen multiple cars and then they crash and die and somehow the police are being blamed??

16. Post
    CODChimera wrote:
    That story is insane. So they've stolen multiple cars and then they crash and die and somehow the police are being blamed??
    Cops are only getting it from morons, most people (looking at the stuff comments) don't hold the police responsible in any way.

17. Post
    Stealing cars and running from the police is probably fun.

But crashing and burning is always on the table.

18. Post
    Privoxy wrote:
    Cops are only getting it from morons, most people (looking at the stuff comments) don't hold the police responsible in any way.
    Just the media looking to spin some outrage and influence government policy. As always. Expect the story to be churned for a couple of weeks.

19. Post
    Update: Press photographer has just left lol, looks like I may be able to deliver after alll

20. Post
    Damn, that west side looking foot is nasty. Play stupid games yadda yadda

21. Post
    Hahahaha I did it. Front page of stuff.co.nz

Boom

22. Post
    arms not folded and elbows too pointy. Would hit, but only once, and deny it happened

23. Post
    B|ind-Reaper* wrote:
    arms not folded and elbows too pointy. Would hit, but only once, and deny it happened
    Hahaha legit

24. Post
    Post for the lazy please