Isis \ isil

Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
(2 votes)
Page 1 of 50 123411 ... Last

1. Post

Isis \ isil

Catching up on current events over the weekend and came across some pretty shocking vids on LiveLeak and BestGore involving ISIS\ISIL executions\genocide. The whole Israel \ Gaza thing is a sideshow compared to what is happening in Iraq and Syria.

I wish I could un-watch a video but on the other hand i'm glad I managed to stomach it and realise just how evil these mofos are. It also makes you realise how sterile the mainstream media channels are.

God forbid these extremists ever make it to our side of the world.

Sidenote re Dagastan massacre, I had no idea that the Chechnyanan militants were Islamic extremists. Either way no-one deserves to die in that manner (War or other).

2. Post
    One qeustion why were you on those gorey sites?

3. Post
    iludez wrote:
    One qeustion why were you on those gorey sites?
    Just Googled ISIS execution as I had read about them on mainstream news. Wanted to find some more in-depth stories and came across a couple of ISIS propaganda vids on BestGore.

I dont usually make a point of watching that type of stuff, visiting such sites, but really wanted to get a handle on how bad the situation is over there.

As I said Israel \ Gaza is a sideshow, I read alot of news and i'm so surprised that 1500 Iraqi soldiers being murdered in one sitting doesnt even make front page news.

4. Post
    I find it funny people are protesting in Auckland about Israel/Palestine when there are so many more people dying for an evenmore meaningless cause with ISIS.

5. Post
    What's happening in Iraq is absolutely disgusting, it's a genocide basically... thousands of Assyrians, Kurds, etc are being slaughtered, beheading children even....

ISIS are a bunch of thugs that need to be destroyed, plain and simple.

6. Post
    It's a good thing the US have started initiating airstrikes to help the Iraqis out against ISIS.

7. Post
    DaManiac wrote:
    It's a good thing the US have started initiating airstrikes to help the Iraqis out against ISIS.
    Funny as soon as the oil fields come under threat they act.

I guess it solves a few problems

a) US look good to Iraqi's for aiding them
    b) oil fields safe
    c) ISIS go over to Syria and fight Assad

Once Assad is overthrown the US will team up with Israel and finish ISIS off....hopefully bringing stability back the region for a while.

Pretty sure the majority of Muslims just want the same things we westerners want, to worship their god in peace, raise their kids and run a business (or have a job).

8. Post
    DaManiac wrote:
    Airstrikes are likely to be of limited value and are more a way of suggesting the US is getting involved without having to risk putting boots on the ground. At least the Brits are currently talking about an intervention to create a safe zone in Northern Iraq to protect the Kurds.

And frankly, we are seeing the wisdom of Bush Senior. The coalition forces had the opportunity to invade Iraq in 1991 having beaten the Iraqi ground forces pretty badly in Kuwait. The prevailing wisdom was that Saddam was a necessary evil, he by being an evil bastard had the ability to hold together a country with deep sectarian divisions. Well, hundreds of thousands of civilians later, and the reduction of a stable country under a brutal dictator into a shallow husk of a country with massive ongoing issues and no domestic force capable of holding it together, it looks like Saddam really was the lesser of two truly great evils.

9. Post
    They are probably trying to compete with Boko Haram, or whatever, on who is the most "devout". They even took the women as slaves (wives), like they did. But as someone said in that other thread, who would you rather have in charge of millions of people - The Islamic State or Israel. This new group reminds me of the Taliban a couple of decades ago ...

... like "my enemy's enemy is my friend" type of logic, and look how that turned out.

The diplomats need a new conversation to permanently resolve this mess.

10. Post
    heylinb4nz wrote:

Once Assad is overthrown the US will team up with Israel and finish ISIS off....hopefully bringing stability back the region for a while.
    I wouldn't bet on finishing ISIS off, The Taliban are still hanging out in their mountain holes and Afghani politicians are still being targeted. This is years after they got finished off in a standard military campaign.

Given the size of ISIS, it's not going to be easy to stamp them out at any rate.

11. Post
    Yeah, at first I thought the reports of ISIS being horribly monstrous religious zealots who want to kill everyone not of their faith was just your typical fox news propaganda that tries to demonize everyone from the middle east and had little basis in reality.

Then you look at their own videos. Then you realise oh, actually, that description is right on the money and they are actually genocidal monsters.

12. Post
    Rekuja wrote:
    What's happening in Iraq is absolutely disgusting, it's a genocide basically... thousands of Assyrians, Kurds, etc are being slaughtered, beheading children even....

ISIS are a bunch of thugs that need to be destroyed, plain and simple.
    This.

13. Post
    One thing is sure, Iraq is ****ED and has no future in its current state. God if the USA had spent the $$ it had in iraq on space travel they could have had ****ing bases on mars by now.

They have no national identity, their police and army don't and will not work and as soon as the USA leaves them alone they will crumble back into nothing, **** like this is just postponing the inevitable . The ONLY thing holding iraqi together was a ruthless dictator, with that glue gone they are well and truly ****ed and have no future.

The reason the Kurds are doing so well is they are fighting some a state and something they believe in.

So split the country up into 3 and let them duke it out.

The problem is a cultural one (Family and Religion > Everything) and there is nothing that can be done to fix it.

14. Post
    they are indeed disgusting. I hope it ends.

15. Post
    But it won't. After the USA opened "Pandora's Box", with their "Mission Accomplished", etc., all hell has now broken loose, which must be "money from heaven", for the Military contractors and manufacturers, for the next few decades, at least.

16. Post
    The Islamic State is definitely a concern. It's one that people continually grossly underestimate as well. I found it particularly hilarious how everyone (well westerners on the internet) was ranting about how the Kurds would show IS their place after the initial skirmishes and then the Kurds had their asses handed to them by IS.

IS has, by far, the best soldiers and command structure of any force in that region. Combine that with an insane zealotry and good equipment and you have a very effective fighting force. Irbil will be hoping for more than just airstrikes if they want to keep IS at bay for long.

17. Post
    I get this feeling eventually the west will throw in the towel in the region. We'll allow an islamic state (or states) to exist, there will be a drop in acceptance of islam in western countries - trying to keep it as a minority religion within western borders.

18. Post
    Airstrikes in Saudi Arabia and Qatar would be more effective lol.

I really don't understand what the west expected? Grass roots democracy? They've just been facilitating Saudi backed insurrection in the region left-right-and-center, of course you're going to get a caliphate.

The Middle East would be far better off if the US and EU did throw in the towel, took their retarded foreign policy with them and ****ed off.
    Last edited by werewolves?; 11th August 2014 at 2:20 pm.

19. Post
    C'mon, SA and Qatar are only playing the same game US played before, face one way, pay another.

20. Post
    werewolves? wrote:
    They've just been facilitating Saudi backed insurrection in the region left-right-and-center, of course you're going to get a caliphate.
    It's never been the Saudi government that supported IS, but rather the clerics and wealthy citizens. One of the Caliphates main stated goals is to free Mecca from the tyranny of the Saudi royal family, they have repeatedly vowed to destroy the House of Saud.

21. Post
    US created this situation, and now Obama refuses to send in troops. Must be music to the ears if IS.

22. Post
    Vulcan wrote:
    I get this feeling eventually the west will throw in the towel in the region. We'll allow an islamic state (or states) to exist, there will be a drop in acceptance of islam in western countries - trying to keep it as a minority religion within western borders.
    Good luck with that.

I got this email today[quote]]In a generation or two, the US will ask itself: "Who lost Europe ?" Here is the speech of Geert Wilders, Chairman, Party for Freedom the Netherlands , at the Four Seasons in New York , introducing an Alliance of Patriots and announcing the Facing Jihad Conference in Jerusalem .

Dear friends,
    Thank you very much for inviting me.

I come to America with a mission. All is not well in the old world. There is a tremendous danger looming, and it is very difficult to be optimistic. We might be in the final stages of the Islamization of Europe. This not only is a clear and present danger to the future of Europe itself, it is a threat to America and the sheer survival of%2

23. Post
    You do realise Kiwi that Wilders is the Dutch equivalent of the BNP in the UK. It is an extremist party that prays on the fears of people about the wicked muslim coming to slit their throats in their sleep. He wants the Koran banned and muslim immigration ended. I would trust his view of the future about as much as I would trust in my ability to fly.

24. Post
    Thanks ... LOL

25. Post
    most of those clerics get paid from Saudi government, and allowing them to promote this kind of belief is a good reason to blame Saudi involvment with IS.

eug1404 wrote:
    It's never been the Saudi government that supported IS, but rather the clerics and wealthy citizens. One of the Caliphates main stated goals is to free Mecca from the tyranny of the Saudi royal family, they have repeatedly vowed to destroy the House of Saud.