Results 1 to 12 of 12

  1. Post

    Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

    Read article...

  2. Post
    #2
    Yeah, good luck with that.

  3. Post
    #3
    With timed exclusives it seems a bit pointless lol

  4. Post
    #4
    yeah I think he's missed the point again - nobody really cares that it's a timed exclusive Phil. Everyone exploded because you omitted the "timed" part in your first announcement.

  5. Post
    #5
    Stasis wrote:
    With timed exclusives it seems a bit pointless lol
    Yeah it is though PC gamers are already used to this from Assassins creed franchise with up to 6 months delays between console release. Ps4 gamers can play much better games in that time anyway. The only reason to buy Xbone now would be for Halo collection and Halo 5. Microsoft you ****ed up.

  6. Post
    #6
    Just like they had to buy Titanfall because they don't make enough games themselves to compete with Sony. They really should invest in some more studios, at least switch all them Kinect studios to core games or it'll just end up like Xb360 with not many exclusives by the end, in they bought the Gears IP, Epic probably won't be making a exclusive series for Xbox now..

    Least it sounds like Rare will be making some proper games again, moving away from Kinect titles after the failed Kinect Sports Rivals, its a start maybe a bit late, but its a start

  7. Post
    #7
    XSpike wrote:
    in they bought the Gears IP, Epic probably won't be making a exclusive series for Xbox now..
    Did you consider that Epic didn't want to make any more Gears games?
    http://www.gameplanet.co.nz/news/i12...ing-Agreement/
    I bet you Gears Judgement only exists because of the existing publishing agreement with MS.

  8. Post
    #8
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    Did you consider that Epic didn't want to make any more Gears games?
    http://www.gameplanet.co.nz/news/i12...ing-Agreement/
    I bet you Gears Judgement only exists because of the existing publishing agreement with MS.
    Yeah, I knew that. I was just pointing out that Epic won't be making one of MS biggest exclusive & since MS bought the IP they now have to use one of their limited number of studios to produce the IP, which last gen was used to make even more exclusive games.

    In I doubt Epic is going to go on to make another exclusive series for Xbox, Its a loss for MS. Unless they're still going to produce games exclusively to MS, then nvm

  9. Post
    #9
    Paying a company to delay release on competing platforms is not the same as purchasing a third party exclusive.
    Timed 'exclusivity' is a waste of money that could be used to fund first party projects and the like.

  10. Post
    #10
    Cant see what the problem is its just a business decision to try and make more money.Xbox One and PS4 are both excellent consoles at a low price point which is why I own both.

  11. Post
    #11
    Shigeruken wrote:
    Paying a company to delay release on competing platforms is not the same as purchasing a third party exclusive.
    Timed 'exclusivity' is a waste of money that could be used to fund first party projects and the like.
    this seems to be the common mentality going around yet no one can seem to back it up with any facts, like, at all. Seriously unless you have any idea what went on with that deal it's pretty much coming from the ass, for all we know S-E could have been planning to scrap the TR series after the reboot completely failed to meet their expectations and it took them porting it to next gen just to make it to their INITIAL expectations.

    If MS can pull this off and create an install base for these games on their box it may be that the next one could be exclusive to MS consoles in order to keep lara as far away from drake as possible. It's risky as **** and atm there's all this negativity around it but again if MS can pull this gambit off then it will probably add another franchise to their stable

  12. Post
    #12
    darc9999 wrote:
    this seems to be the common mentality going around yet no one can seem to back it up with any facts, like, at all. Seriously unless you have any idea what went on with that deal it's pretty much coming from the ass, for all we know S-E could have been planning to scrap the TR series after the reboot completely failed to meet their expectations and it took them porting it to next gen just to make it to their INITIAL expectations.

    If MS can pull this off and create an install base for these games on their box it may be that the next one could be exclusive to MS consoles in order to keep lara as far away from drake as possible. It's risky as **** and atm there's all this negativity around it but again if MS can pull this gambit off then it will probably add another franchise to their stable
    That's why I'm an internet commenter and not a journalist. I don't write 'it is my opinion that' as a predicate to every post I make, but it's always implied.
    Nobody has presented evidence of a timed 'exclusive' game selling more units and consoles than a good first party title, so your argument goes both ways.
    There's a lot of negativity surrounding this deal yes, imagine the positive buzz there would be if someone Rare got up on stage and said "Hey sorry about Nuts and Bolts, we're going to work on and actual Banjo title now."