Page 1 of 5 1234 ... Last

1. Post

Wasteland 2 - A Post-Apocalyptic RPG

Seeing as there is no standard W2 thread I though we'd start one as the game is just over a week away.

Really excited for this. With Pillars of Eternity coming later and Divinity: Original Sin just been the return of the isometric tactical RPG is real!!

A bit of a YT dump starting with the new combat trailer.

Gameplay trailer - Welcome to the prison

Intro Movie

And some in game musics

Who's excited for this?

2. Post
    I've never played the original but looking forward to giving this a go.

3. Post
    ^Same but I loved FO1 & 2 so I'm sure I'll love this

4. Post
    I've been a backer/ranger whatever since way back, played the beta etc. Absolutely loved it, it's brilliant.

5. Post
    Haven't touched the beta for months, been waiting for the full release to play it again.. the combat's looking better in that first vid, look forward to playing the complete game.. and any expansions or patches that add more to the game, down the line.

6. Post
    Sebly wrote:
    I've never played the original but looking forward to giving this a go.
    this

7. Post
    Need RT Combat, like Fallout 2. Cheers lazy ass devs. No wonder Fergus is fat.

8. Post
    Fallout 2 does not have real time combat, but I'm pretty sure you know that.

9. Post
    Revias wrote:
    Not sure if troll or fail.

10. Post
    Fallout Tactics did have a real time option at least.

11. Post
    Revias wrote:
    You know, I always liked Rt combat, until fallout 1/2 etc i discovered it. Love the turned based action, but you have to get used to it. Like shadowrun returns too.

12. Post
    I prefer turn based combat overall (for rpg's). But it has to be done well, like the Original Sin game or the Fallout's. The Fallout's was great fun because of the targeted shooting....which unfortunately this game mostly lacks. I think they have now implemented head shots but the lack of groin shots makes me a sad panda.

13. Post
    Do you get a targeting option with this game, or can you select body parts to shoot at? if so then am sure a dick shot mod will be made someday.

14. Post
    Bobs wrote:
    I prefer turn based combat overall (for rpg's). But it has to be done well, like the Original Sin game or the Fallout's. The Fallout's was great fun because of the targeted shooting....which unfortunately this game mostly lacks. I think they have now implemented head shots but the lack of groin shots makes me a sad panda.
    Wasteland is not Fallout. Lets keep the IPs separate. I'd prefer to keep Fallout, Fallout and Wasteland, Wasteland.

15. Post
    Yeah well I'd prefer to have groin shots, and I think most people are quite keen on having a 'proper' sequel to the original Fallouts as many won't even have played Wasteland.

I'd even wager that if it had nothing to do with Fallout it wouldn't have done nearly as well in the kickstarter

16. Post
    Wally Simmonds wrote:
    Yeah well I'd prefer to have groin shots, and I think most people are quite keen on having a 'proper' sequel to the original Fallouts as many won't even have played Wasteland.

I'd even wager that if it had nothing to do with Fallout it wouldn't have done nearly as well in the kickstarter
    well without Wasteland, Fallout may not have even existed...

17. Post
    I know, my point was that people backing this probably were after a bit of Fallout nostalgia as opposed to Wasteland, as I bet most hadn't even heard of it

18. Post
    Yep. I'd never heard of wasteland before playing fallout.

19. Post
    I had tried to play the original Wasteland way back when, but I remember one particularly annoying thing about the game. Because it was the 80s and memory was so limited and it was a text heavy game, they decided not to include most of the story text in the game itself. Instead, the game would tell you a reference to an entry into a separate book which you were meant to read if you wanted to get any of the story text.

20. Post
    CoRk wrote:
    I had tried to play the original Wasteland way back when, but I remember one particularly annoying thing about the game. Because it was the 80s and memory was so limited and it was a text heavy game, they decided not to include most of the story text in the game itself. Instead, the game would tell you a reference to an entry into a separate book which you were meant to read if you wanted to get any of the story text.
    Didn't find it a problem at all, and its one of the most effective anti piracy tools ever. Same went for any of the "Gold Box" games from SSI.
    If you didnt own the game you needed access to the journal and a photocopier. Some also had an additional decoder wheel (also a SSI thing).

Name:  Pool+of+Radiance+Code+Wheel.jpg
Views: 498
Size:  114.4 KB

21. Post
    I was under the impression it was mostly due to space constraints on the crappy old storage mediums they had. Back in the late 80's it was probably a 5 1/4 inch floppy. Some of them only had 720kb space.

22. Post
    Bobs wrote:
    I was under the impression it was mostly due to space constraints on the crappy old storage mediums they had. Back in the late 80's it was probably a 5 1/4 inch floppy. Some of them only had 720kb space.
    Oh it was totally a space saving solution, the fact it doubled as an anti piracy tool was a bonus though. There werent no internets back in the late 80s/early 90s, well not really

23. Post
    Keen for this, but will there be a price drop from where it's at currently? If not, I'll stick with Divinity: Original Sin and the new director's cut of ShadowRun: Dragonfall for the time being.

24. Post
    BlueKiwi wrote:
    Keen for this, but will there be a price drop from where it's at currently?

Yes

25. Post
    So is this supposed to be out today?