1. Post
    jords wrote:
    Picked up Lost Sphear for $9.97
    Nice! I grabbed it from EB when they had it for $4

2. Post
    XSpike wrote:
    Been waiting for this game for quite some time, the old demo is good.

For me, the character art doesn't work at all with the environment. They seem both disjointed.

3. Post
    XSpike wrote:
    G3 does look good haven't played it, PS4P can't handle Grandia 1-2 at 4K lies I say it could easily do Grandia 3.
    I think you misread the article. The expectations of the devs is that people would expect a PS4 Pro port to be a fully blown 4K remaster, i.e. not a straight port. They believe the cost to benefit ratio of doing "4K remasters" wouldn't be worth it. They don't need to do all new assets, (or going back and tracking down the original uncompressed assets made all those years ago) just do straight ports with the original assets straight from the PS1/Saturn/DC/PS2/etc versions would suffice and most people would be fine with that (if priced reasonably enough. I.e. not $40-60 USD like many over-priced Switch ports of pretty old games).

4. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    I think you misread the article. The expectations of the devs is that people would expect a PS4 Pro port to be a fully blown 4K remaster, i.e. not a straight port. They believe the cost to benefit ratio of doing "4K remasters" wouldn't be worth it. They don't need to do all new assets, (or going back and tracking down the original uncompressed assets made all those years ago) just do straight ports with the original assets straight from the PS1/Saturn/DC/PS2/etc versions would suffice and most people would be fine with that (if priced reasonably enough. I.e. not $40-60 USD like many over-priced Switch ports of pretty old games).
    4K should be a given, redone assets no.. Just look at the poor FF Ports SE don't care. SE should of done a straight port of Secret of Mana over that crappy looking remake..

Well I finally finished Tales of Zesteria (just the main story). Loved the game but the ending was pretty damn disappointing, if you can call it an ending.. Was expecting to bring humans and seraphim living together again etc..

Now playing Tales of Vesperia. At the start thought it was a bit dated, but after a couple of hours started to really enjoy it.

5. Post
    I personally thought Secret of Mana looked really charming with the refresh.

I've had ToV for years in Japanese, never got around to playing it lol

6. Post
    XSpike wrote:
    4K should be a given, redone assets no.. Just look at the poor FF Ports SE don't care. SE should of done a straight port of Secret of Mana over that crappy looking remake..

Well I finally finished Tales of Zesteria (just the main story). Loved the game but the ending was pretty damn disappointing, if you can call it an ending.. Was expecting to bring humans and seraphim living together again etc..
    I felt the same about Berseria as well, ending was kinda bizarre and unsatisfying IIRC. Good game up till that point though.

No Tales game is as bad as Xillia 2 though. Fanservice much?