Page 1 of 21 123411 ... Last

1. Post

JRPG Mega Thread

Breaking this off from the tales thread.

New Disgaea 5 looks awesome:
    http://www.siliconera.com/2014/09/04...unite-revenge/

Plus arnosurge looks incredible:

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/08/12...h-screenshots/

2. Post
    im liking the idea of the thread, but would it not be awkward if we had say another tales of vesperia situation? (wouldn't it be better suited to general gaming as opposed to PS sub?)

3. Post
    yeah whatevs lol it's more likely we'll see jrpg titles for playstation platforms than any others except maybe 3ds, could be moved, whatever suits really.

4. Post
    decided to use the 10% voucher for Ar Nosurge

Looks awesome x)

5. Post
    Stasis wrote:
    decided to use the 10% voucher for Ar Nosurge

Looks awesome x)
    haven't really seen much of the ar series, but this did pique my curiosity. I only just realised that fairy fencer f is coming westward this month :O

also, it must be a fun job being a localiser these days lol

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rsz_dsc_0001.jpg 
Views:	324 
Size:	50.2 KB 
ID:	198930

6. Post
    Does it look good? Haven't heard anything about it o:

7. Post
    i think nork has beaten it, (might need some clarification on that one) but i played a bit of the start of the jp one that a friend had and decided to wait if it came in english but it was pretty fun and over the top?

8. Post
    Whats lined up JRPG wise on the PS4?

9. Post
    jords wrote:
    First post friend, disgaea 5 is a solid entry.

Final Fantasy type 0

Kingdom hearts 3

10. Post
    Last two have no official release dates no?

11. Post
    darc9999 wrote:
    i think nork has beaten it, (might need some clarification on that one) but i played a bit of the start of the jp one that a friend had and decided to wait if it came in english but it was pretty fun and over the top?
    What game are you talking about? If it's Fairy Fencer F, no haven't played it, but looking forward to it.

Also Ar no Surge, if anything like Ar Tonelico, I'll play it for the music alone:

jords wrote:
    Not sure if you would care, but Compile Heart has Omega Quintet coming for PS4. Not that the game takes itself seriously by the looks of things.

Last edited by Nork22; 10th September 2014 at 2:45 am.

12. Post
    k, wanna share my lil story that happened like 2 years ago:

I went to buy disgaea 4 from shop.

get home.

put in ps3.

10 minute later.

ps3 broken!

anyway, played disgaea3 a **** load, puppy paw stick was one hell of an item

13. Post
    YAS nork is in the thread now it's legit,

Nork22 wrote:
    What game are you talking about? If it's Fairy Fencer F, no haven't played it, but looking forward to it.
    yeah i was meaning FFF, i remember we were discussing it in another thread, something to do with compile hearts but i couldn't remember if you'd played it or not. Lol guess i assumed wrong

14. Post
    Our nork cometh

Our nork taketh away

Ar nosurge looks good, wish it was ps4 though hah

15. Post
    wait, just looking where to buy fairy fencer, nzgameshop has it's release date as 19/9/2014 but MA has it listed as 02/10/2014, whats with the weird dates? did MA get a late batch? or maybe weren't in time to order the initial batch?

16. Post
    darc9999 wrote:
    wait, just looking where to buy fairy fencer, nzgameshop has it's release date as 19/9/2014 but MA has it listed as 02/10/2014, whats with the weird dates? did MA get a late batch? or maybe weren't in time to order the initial batch?
    I'm guessing late order. Also I'm assuming not a lot of people are preordering so there wasn't a lot of emphasis to get the game on time.

17. Post
    Another RPG worth checking out is Shining Resonance. However since it's a SEGA game and their efforts to localise RPGs has been pitiful, don't expect to see it in English anytime soon. Worth nothing that the battle system seems to be taken out of a Tales game, so I'll be rather interested in that. Last Shining game I played, Shining Blade, the battle system was a modified BLiTZ system.

Also no secret, but I love Tony Taka's artwork

Name:	Shining-Resonance_2014_06-02-14_009.jpg 
Views:	321 
Size:	198.2 KB 
ID:	198962

Name:	Shining-Resonance_2014_06-02-14_014.jpg 
Views:	305 
Size:	314.0 KB 
ID:	198963
    Last edited by Nork22; 11th September 2014 at 2:16 am.

18. Post
    seems like i'm watching a cross between something like early star ocean (1-2) mixed with a bit of tales, or eternal sonata.

i like it regardless

19. Post
    oh I did see that, totally keen

20. Post
    vita tgs lineup leaked, need to activate the nork signal for some translation

Name:	acs6pzhe.jpg 
Views:	416 
Size:	585.3 KB 
ID:	199115

i can read the top right one, and i swear to god that if they do not bring this one west......

also add rise of mana to that list if it's part of the mana series
    Last edited by darc9999; 17th September 2014 at 9:41 am.

21. Post
    Damn blocked hosts D; rehost list

22. Post
    can you see it? i uploaded it straight to GP this time

23. Post
    Yis thank you x)

24. Post
    darc9999 wrote:
    vita tgs lineup leaked, need to activate the nork signal for some translation

Name:	acs6pzhe.jpg 
Views:	416 
Size:	585.3 KB 
ID:	199115
    Some of these are VN.

From top right is Ar no Surge Plus, DRAMAtic Murder, FLOWERS, ???, Hideboh Tap Dance Hero, and obvious Senki series
    2nd row, Maison de Maou, Minesomething... (I can't read these chicken scratchings), Bakumatsu Rock!, Murasaki Baby
    Rest you can figure out.

25. Post
    Ar no surge plus already :S

Ar no Surge Plus will feature touch compatibility, additional costumes, and more purification ceremony characters
    Would have probably got it for vita had I have known