1. Post
    Colinnola wrote:
    Not sure what sucks about this. It should (finally) come out here on Thursday.
    You might be right, since they didn't put (not in) so probably releasing only in them regions. Well that is fine.

2. Post
    40 hours into Dragon Quest XI

Awesome game, bit easy but still loving it

Totally puts Persona 5 to shame, this is a far, far, far better turn based RPG

3. Post
    Good time to buy Tales of Zestiria / Berseria, massive discounts. Started Zestiria today & loving it, once again showing me once again I really shouldn't care about SE. DQXI, never been a DQ fan sadly but I should get it, SE needs to treat FF the same as DQ. Tales of before DQ anyways, for me at least.

Love Persona, jammed that for 2 weeks straight till I finished it in was sadden that I have to wait for the next Persona. Need to pull out my PS3 in jam Persona 3 / Tales of.

4. Post
    on steam or?

5. Post
    PS4 / PSN, Zestiria $15 & Berseria is $27 - 70-77% off

6. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    40 hours into Dragon Quest XI

Awesome game, bit easy but still loving it

Totally puts Persona 5 to shame, this is a far, far, far better turn based RPG
    Just picked DQ XI yesterday,played a couple hours, like it so far,but I need to go back and finish No No Kuni 2 before I get into it.
    Also picked up Tales of Berseria on PSN

7. Post
    This thread is starting to turn into my jrpg backlog of shame. I started Tales of Zestiria a little while ago, but it didn't really grip me the same way Graces and Xillia did (combat and progression system). I picked up Berseria during the last sale, but don't want to play that until after Zestiria. Despite that, I still couldn't pass up a physical copy of Ni No Kuni 2 for $30 and won't be able to stop myself if I see DQ for the same price.

8. Post
    Colinnola wrote:
    This thread is starting to turn into my jrpg backlog of shame. I started Tales of Zestiria a little while ago, but it didn't really grip me the same way Graces and Xillia did (combat and progression system). I picked up Berseria during the last sale, but don't want to play that until after Zestiria. Despite that, I still couldn't pass up a physical copy of Ni No Kuni 2 for $30 and won't be able to stop myself if I see DQ for the same price.
    Yeah the combat system in Zestiria & seems like Berseria follows basically the same system, overly complex for how simple it should really be. Every battle it pops up with new tutorials, also monoliths giving even more hints & explanations, which are everywhere.. Quite the battle system for what should almost just be a hack in slash title. Playing on Hard atm, but who knows when I'll actually have to switch it or read up on everything I should be taking on board but I just want the story & some good item drops with some challenge!

Tales of Vesperia on special at the moment but I do want to complete Zestiria & Berseria first in by that time Vesperia should be even cheaper. Glad Vesperia is a remaster of an older Tales of game after learning bout the combat in the other two.

9. Post
    I honestly haven't finished a tales game since Symphonia on Gamecube

10. Post
    I'm just finishing off KH: Dream Drop Distance atm before playing KH3, not a huge fan of the pet system since it tends to both punish and encourage you to try new pets at the same time. Plus they took away command melding from BBS which seems like a step backward. The new worlds are nice, particularly the symphony one (even though the melody minigame sucks).

11. Post
    Recently got Ni no Kuni II, but I am yet to really get into it. I have not played a JRPG in ages. But general option of NNK2 seems good so I am hoping it filsl this hole that has been growing in my JRPG heart.

12. Post
    Damn Atlus with Persona 5: The Royal, be similar no doubt to Persona 4: Golden. I guess I'll just skip P6 & wait for its more complete version. One day I might get P5:The Royal, I'm thinking on the Nintendo Switch if I get one. Still not that keen to play P5 all over again, might just watch youtube vids.

13. Post
    Been waiting for this game for quite some time, the old demo is good.

14. Post
    Tales of Arise leaked in looking really damnn good

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tales-of-Arise-3.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	378.5 KB 
ID:	226295

Name:	Tales-of-Arise-4.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	359.3 KB 
ID:	226296

Name:	Tales-of-Arise-2.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	267.4 KB 
ID:	226297

Name:	Tales-of-Arise-1.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	231.5 KB 
ID:	226298

15. Post
    Holy shit that style is awesome, love it

16. Post
    My opinion but Grandia still looks so much better than Grandia II, is one of the reasons I barely played any other Grandia titles they all look awful compared to the PS1 classic.. Just a bit annoyed it's not coming to PS4, a bit as I really hated the start of Grandia so slow.

17. Post
    XSpike wrote:
    My opinion but Grandia still looks so much better than Grandia II, is one of the reasons I barely played any other Grandia titles they all look awful compared to the PS1 classic.. Just a bit annoyed it's not coming to PS4, a bit as I really hated the start of Grandia so slow.

Bro I loved Grandia II, played on dreamcast tho.
    Dreamcast is low-key one of my favourite consoles, so many good memories
    This looks mean. Will probably get a switch when/if they announce a "pro" version

18. Post
    man that really didn't age gracefully

19. Post
    Grandia was great, that was only one I played.

I remember the memes of Grandia 3, where the MC and his mum look like they're practically the same age and they also share the same bed.

Last edited by EvaUnit02; 24th June 2019 at 9:55 pm.

20. Post
    Yeah, wow. Hot mum though, wonder what she'd look like in her 80's~, smoking hot grandma haha

21. Post
    XSpike wrote:
    My opinion but Grandia still looks so much better than Grandia II, is one of the reasons I barely played any other Grandia titles they all look awful compared to the PS1 classic..
    That clip of Grandia 3 I posted earlier looked fine. The characters looked fairly expressive with their animations, like a 3D anime.

XSpike wrote:
    Just a bit annoyed it's not coming to PS4
    Their excuses are weak. Running shit in 4K is just a matter of giving people the option of changing resolutions and having hardware powerful to handle high resolutions at acceptable framerates. Dynamic resolution scaling is also an option. Japanese devs can be such luddites when it comes to game optimisation.

Price reasonably enough, most people will forgive utterly basic ports. You don't need to replace assets with higher quality ones.

22. Post
    G3 does look good haven't played it, PS4P can't handle Grandia 1-2 at 4K lies I say it could easily do Grandia 3.

23. Post
    Grandia II was where it was at on Dreamcast, also Skies of Arcadia.

24. Post
    Picked up Lost Sphear for $9.97

25. Post
    jords wrote:
    Picked up Lost Sphear for $9.97
    Absolute steal, nice!