Page 1 of 2 12 Last

1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post
    Keen as! Roll on release day!

3. Post
    Looks hella solid, that Italian countryside looks so inviting.

4. Post
    Good review. Already pre-loaded the game

5. Post
    i had the forza horizon 1 the special edtion. one of my biggest bugbears was the had to come 2nd to win some races. i hope that is gone.

and the need for speed movie was a car crash of every car movie made in the last 30 years including story. the main one being "vanishing point" if you havent seen the original cokehead beats his dealer he can drive accross the states in less than 24 hrs. in his white dodge challenger.

6. Post
    ^ Man that was a hard read.

/ps. Still like \_(ツ)_/
    Last edited by DumKopf; 26th September 2014 at 10:25 am.

7. Post
    Wish this was coming to PC too. Gave up on console gaming just after Forza Horizon and loved that one.

We get The Crew I guess, but a bit different

8. Post
    Based on the demo its worth buying.

9. Post
    I guess this is for the XO version? Are there any plans to review the X360 version? I mean, it sounds like the X360 version is hacked back from the XO version http://www.polygon.com/2014/6/23/583...e-than-on-xbox
    Last edited by BURN_BABY; 27th September 2014 at 1:46 pm.

10. Post
    BURN_BABY wrote:
    I guess this is for the XO version? Are there any plans to review the X360 version? I mean, it sounds like the X360 version is hacked back from the XO version http://www.polygon.com/2014/6/23/583...e-than-on-xbox
    Probably not I'm afraid. Getting last-gen review copies (and more than one review copy) out of publishers is blood from a stone these days. I'll give it a go, though.

11. Post
    Matt M wrote:
    Probably not I'm afraid. Getting last-gen review copies (and more than one review copy) out of publishers is blood from a stone these days. I'll give it a go, though.
    I hope you can, the reason in that article ("There are things we are doing in Forza Horizon 2 on Xbox One that honestly couldn't be done on any other console") for no drivatars seems utter tripe seeing as Forza Motorsport 1 for the original Xbox had them already in place - it sounds like a weak excuse to strip back features to up-sell the XO version.

I'm also seeing youtube videos from people claiming that there's no tuning on the X360 version, I really hope this isn't the case.

Another thing that makes me wary is that there are fifty reviews up for the XO version and not a single one for the X360 version on Metacritic. Doesn't give me much faith in the devs.
    Last edited by BURN_BABY; 28th September 2014 at 11:36 pm.

12. Post
    This is gonna be awesome

13. Post
    Matt M wrote:
    Any updates on this? GP would literally be the first review site to review the X360 version if you ended up reviewing it :P http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/forza-horizon-2

So far I'm hearing less cars and no custom tuning which isn't something that can be explained away with 'technical limitations' and TBH I feel it's important for at least one of the major review sites to address this.

14. Post
    wow, awesome, I love it.

15. Post
    BURN_BABY wrote:
    Any updates on this? GP would literally be the first review site to review the X360 version if you ended up reviewing it :P http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/forza-horizon-2

So far I'm hearing less cars and no custom tuning which isn't something that can be explained away with 'technical limitations' and TBH I feel it's important for at least one of the major review sites to address this.
    Cut content due to DVD9 & maybe some other reasons? How big is Forza Horzion 2 anyways? (for both Xb1 & 360)

16. Post
    XSpike wrote:
    Cut content due to DVD9 & maybe some other reasons? How big is Forza Horzion 2 anyways? (for both Xb1 & 360)
    Some of the changes are just bizarre, though. There's no excuse to cut tuning when it's been in every Forza game bar H1. Here's a brief overview. Also, changing credit bonuses and some other weird changes that have nothing to do with graphics.

Pretty disappointed that I can't find a single review site weeks after launch that will touch this game on the X360 - what gives?

17. Post
    BURN_BABY wrote:
    There's no excuse to cut tuning when it's been in every Forza game bar H1.

right there in your comment is a one valid reason to consider why it has no tuning on xbox 360.

for them to cut something out doesn't always come down to graphics my friend. remember the horizon 2 map is 3 times larger than the original horizon.

the xbox 360 version has less cars, and also has less areas you can go on the map. i mean the answers are in the video you've just posted. sounds like a there was too much data to fit on the disc.

and come on, xbox 360 is their second tier version, the flagship version is going to be on the xbox one, you've just gotta expect these things.

18. Post
    notlim naneek wrote:
    right there in your comment is a one valid reason to consider why it has no tuning on xbox 360.

for them to cut something out doesn't always come down to graphics my friend. remember the horizon 2 map is 3 times larger than the original horizon.

the xbox 360 version has less cars, and also has less areas you can go on the map. i mean the answers are in the video you've just posted. sounds like a there was too much data to fit on the disc.
    That's a cop out excuse, Forza 4 had half of the game's cars on another, install disc to get around disc sizes. Forza 4 also uses mostly the same engine as FH1 which the X360 version of FH2 uses so I don't see it as a graphical issue either.
    There are ways to get around large game sizes but the devs just couldn't be assed implementing any of them by the sounds of it. I don't expect weather and I can see why they didn't bother with drivatars but to cut tuning, one of the largest features of the game for no given reason is just rubbish and needs to be addressed in a review.

and come on, xbox 360 is their second tier version, the flagship version is going to be on the xbox one, you've just gotta expect these things.
    Eh? Since when? AC: IV and Destiny have the same content on all consoles and it seems only games running on new engines are cutting corners - the X360 version of FH2 isn't running on a new enigne, so I don't see any reason for the amount of cut content.

XSpike wrote:
    How big is Forza Horzion 2 anyways? (for both Xb1 & 360)
    7.18GB for the X360 version apparantly, so they could have doubled that with an install disc if space really was an issue.
    Last edited by BURN_BABY; 18th October 2014 at 2:45 pm.

19. Post
    Mate they're not gona waste their time on it. You're lucky they even bothered with a 360 version. Do you see forza 5 on 360? No. Just xount your lucky stars they even bothered to make it work for 360 at all. There was probably more issues than they had time. The goal was probably to try keep it on one disc.

Also dont see a megadrive version. Not that im aware of.

20. Post
    notlim naneek wrote:
    Mate they're not gona waste their time on it. You're lucky they even bothered with a 360 version. Do you see forza 5 on 360? No. Just xount your lucky stars they even bothered to make it work for 360 at all. There was probably more issues than they had time. The goal was probably to try keep it on one disc.

Also dont see a megadrive version. Not that im aware of.
    Seriously? I'm lucky I get to play a version of the game that amounts to a complete cashgrab made by a dev who's only real accomplishment is a kart racing game? I'd rather they not release it at all than make something this half assed. They could cut confusion to consumers and have more money to develop the XO version more but instead decided on the cashgrab.

I just find it odd that no review sites, GP included, have not reviewed what is very clearly a different version of the game done by a different dev studio with the guts of the game cut out. Why is it even tagged as "Xbox 360" at the front of the page when it was reviewed on the Xbox One? It gives the passer-by the indication that the versions are identical, which they aren't.
    Last edited by BURN_BABY; 18th October 2014 at 3:49 pm.

21. Post
    Publisher cheques stamped "XBox360 " are bouncing mate, neither devs nor journos got time for that.

As you say, it's a cashgrab to fill in the time before people get xbones for xbonemas.

22. Post
    AzumitH wrote:
    Publisher cheques stamped "XBox360 " are bouncing mate, neither devs nor journos got time for that.
    To me, this is totally the reason why youtube reviews are gaining in popularity over traditional review outlets, but that topic is for another thread...

23. Post
    I agree with Burn... if you can't make a good game don't bother. They'd sell more xbones NOT making a 360 version in the first place.

24. Post
    BURN_BABY wrote:
    Eh? Since when? AC: IV and Destiny have the same content on all consoles and it seems only games running on new engines are cutting corners - the X360 version of FH2 isn't running on a new enigne, so I don't see any reason for the amount of cut content.
    Titanfall is another game that content and feature identical across both current gen versions and the (last gen) 360 port.

Definitely seems like a cash grab to me. That comparison video suggests to me that FH2 360 is just FH1 retrofitted with FH2's map, since FH1 and FH2 seemed content/feature identical (the impression that I got from the video).

Hardly anything new, not all "cross-gen games" are genuine cross-gen. There's plenty of cases where the current gen version clearly is all the money and effort has gone, with the last gen version is a bastardisation farmed out to some 3rd party studio and done on the cheap. IIRC the PS2 of NFS: Undercover was largely reskinned copypasta from NFS: Most Wanted 2005.
    Last edited by EvaUnit02; 20th October 2014 at 8:39 am.

25. Post
    you just know that the ones complaining about the 360 version, would be screaming bloody murder if they didint make the 360 version in the first place

even the XB1 edition isint perfect, ive had a few Crash-to-home times while doing something, audio glitches, be audio disappearing or looping, and now I have a decent sized garage it seems, tuning and modifying cars is interesting, going to buy and install new parts can have the game lock up for 10 seconds at a time, and sometimes crashing altogether, and browsing through cars or parts sometimes results in loud distorted clicks and pops that shouldn't be there, these things i thought may be only a problem for me, but others are having the same issues too

aside from all this, im having a ball playing it, totally worth the price paid