1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post
    you reap what you sow..

3. Post
    Given the fast selling out of the EU First Print Edition I'd imagine much better numbers already for PAL regions alone.

4. Post
    platinum gonna platinum as even 200k is pretty low these days

5. Post
    Not at all surprised. You don't make a fairly risque game exclusive to a mostly kids console.

edit - I wasn't aware Nintendo funded it. I guess it's a risk they thought was worthwhile. At the end of the day if I was a Wii U owner I'd be happy that there's something a bit different being released.
    Last edited by jaygee; 30th September 2014 at 10:30 am.

6. Post
    lol @ exclusives

when will companies learn... especially on a Wii, cmon Nintendo... then again this is the same company that has made 50 different versions of the 3ds, how they are still in business I'll never understand.

7. Post
    jaygee wrote:
    Not at all surprised. You don't make a fairly risque game exclusive to a mostly kids console.

edit - I wasn't aware Nintendo funded it. I guess it's a risk they thought was worthwhile. At the end of the day if I was a Wii U owner I'd be happy that there's something a bit different being released.
    ding ding ding the magic phrase

i have a game i would otherwise not have been able to play if it wasn't for nintendo so im happy

8. Post
    Bloody wrote:
    you reap what you sow..
    You are aware Nintendo funded this right, not Platinum? If Nintendo didn't fund it, it never would have been made in the first place. So Platinum aren't out of pocket, Nintendo will be. Although apparently they are so cash rich, supposedly they can afford a bad business decision or two.

9. Post
    no surprise really with smash bros out on the 3ds and japan very much handheld first when it comes to gaming. it will probably do better in the west but probably again low sales.

10. Post
    Gotta hand it to them for trying at least. I'll be waiting for the PS3 version.

11. Post
    Vic wrote:
    Gotta hand it to them for trying at least. I'll be waiting for the PS3 version.
    sigh..... this is from kamiya HIMSELF if people STILL don't get it after this.....

Hideki Kamiya wrote:
    I think I have discussed this many times before but here goes… First of all, we [Platinum Games] are developers and receive support from publishers by making games that they request or suggest.

As for Bayonetta, we developed the game after signing a deal with SEGA. Later it was decided to also develop the sequel, so we started working on Bayonetta 2.

When development had progressed to a certain degree, in SEGA’s situation it turned into “This isn’t a good plan”, so development halted temporarily.

Without funding we didn’t have the possibility to continue development, but we wanted to get this partially developed Bayonetta 2 available to the public one way or another. So we offered it to various publishers, but as it is a big title, we couldn’t find a partner company. Finally, Bayonetta 2 was about to get terminated completely, when…

Nintendo came in and lent a hand and we were able to restart the development we so desired. Finally the game was released last week, so in five years, we were able to make Bayonetta 2 available to the public.

Knowing those circumstances, if someone is still angry for heading towards Nintendo, I wonder what’s the reason for that, wouldn’t you tell me in a way that is easy to understand?

As I have said earlier, if you want Bayonetta 2 on PS4 or Xbox One, how about trying to ask Nintendo… If Nintendo doesn’t say yes, it’s not going to happen… While you’re at it, try asking for Mario and Zelda too…
    Source

edit: ok gotta admit the latest insult tweet from kamiya made me laugh

12. Post
    darc9999 wrote:
    sigh..... this is from kamiya HIMSELF if people STILL don't get it after this.....

Source

edit: ok gotta admit the latest insult tweet from kamiya made me laugh

haha!

Brilliant!

I'm actually not sure what people don't understand about this. To me at least it's as clear cut as The Last of Us not going to Nintendo. As clear cut as knowing I'll never play Halo on my PS4. As clear cut as never being able to play Zelda on my Xbox. Is that really so hard to understand?

13. Post
    Ahh so it's actually a nintendo exclusive title. Sucks that Platinum couldn't find any publishers other than Nintendo. It looked pretty cool from the vids I'll have to borrow someone's Wii U sometime

14. Post
    Nintendo fanboys largely don't buy many 3rd party games for their home consoles, that's the on-going trend. They're all talk and no act.

Really the opposite of spineless "boycotters" who just end up buying the game that boil the blood anyway.

15. Post
    Well, either Nintendo funded the game and Bayonetta 2 was born, or nobody funded the game and Bayonetta 2 was indefinitely cancelled.

Even if it sold poorly, it's nice that the game saw the light of day. It's not Platinum's fault that the WiiU isn't doing well.

16. Post
    Here's an idea:- they should port it to New 3DS (Ditto for Devil's Third, since we know that will flop too.). Graphical downgrade, sure, but who the hell plays DMC-alikes for the graphics?

Smart consumers would actually buy a New 3DS to play a game like this, since it's a console with an automatic large game library thanks to backwards compatibility.
    Last edited by EvaUnit02; 6th October 2014 at 9:35 am.

17. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    Here's an idea:- they should port it to New 3DS (Ditto for Devil's Third, since we know that will flop too.). Graphical downgrade, sure, but who the hell plays DMC-alikes for the graphics?

Smart consumers would actually buy a New 3DS to play a game like this, since it's a console with an automatic large game library thanks to backwards compatibility.
    Action-intensive games like Bayonetta just don't work on handhelds. The New 3DS isn't much of an upgrade either.