Windows 10 Thread

Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
(3 votes)
Results 2,851 to 2,875 of 2886

  1. Post
    dannshuber12 wrote:
    Hi there is a lot of information - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_10
    Hi.

  2. Post
    Privoxy wrote:
    Hi.
    Hey

  3. Post
    cocosassy wrote:
    Computer crashed. Anyone knows how to make a bootable Windows 10 USB on Mac?
    Download iso file from Microsoft website,then burn iso to an USB disk for making a bootable Windows 10 password reset disk,get help from here: https://www.iseepassword.com/create-...vd-on-mac.html
    Last edited by Eaoerys; 12th April 2019 at 8:35 pm.

  4. Post
    Not sure if it is helpful for anyone, but you can still get a free upgrade to Windows10.

    Just go to www.microsoft.com/software-download/windows10 follow all the prompts, so long as your version of Windows7 or 8 is legit then it just upgrades, you don't even have to enter the product key, it will also upgrade like for like.

    I did this on the weekend, unfortunately it killed my Oculus DK2 so I had to revert back to W7.

    BTW I realise this may have been mentioned elsewhere on the thread but I am not going to read 115 pages to find it!

  5. Post
    Just updated to 1809 and now read that 1903 is coming next month

  6. Post
    KiwiTT wrote:
    Just updated to 1809 and now read that 1903 is coming next month
    Good to see that MS is keeping you nice and protected while continuing to provide great value and features after purchase.

  7. Post
    Privoxy wrote:
    Good to see that MS is keeping you nice and protected while continuing to provide great value and features after purchase.
    I read sarcasm in your voice

  8. Smile
    I kind of feel lied to about windows 10's games.

    I recently upgraded my dad to windows 10 and the "free" games have all these ads and stuff in them,
    Windows 7 didn't have ads.

    Also I've been using windows 7 a bit more and tbh i feel like it's a better OS but windows 10 has a few nice features.

    Reason i had to upgrade is that windows 7 won't be getting as many updates after 2020 so i felt i needed win 10 for security.

  9. Post
    KiwiTT wrote:
    Just updated to 1809 and now read that 1903 is coming next month
    1903 is apparently quite buggy. I went to upgrade my W7 Pro to it and it crashes out. Was reading online about this issue, spotted the day it was released and a whole lot of other issues.

    Damn it, I need to get upgraded!

  10. Post
    dickytim wrote:
    1903 is apparently quite buggy. I went to upgrade my W7 Pro to it and it crashes out. Was reading online about this issue, spotted the day it was released and a whole lot of other issues.

    Damn it, I need to get upgraded!
    Just generate a GenuineTicket(activates/gives you your digital license) and you can do a clean install.

  11. Post
    dude2099 wrote:
    Just generate a GenuineTicket(activates/gives you your digital license) and you can do a clean install.
    At this stage I am more willing to wait than do a clean install. Such a PITA. If there is no fix in the next few weeks that is what I might have to do.

  12. Post
    dickytim wrote:
    At this stage I am more willing to wait than do a clean install. Such a PITA. If there is no fix in the next few weeks that is what I might have to do.
    Is it really? Takes me about 15 minutes... Hardly a hassle.

  13. Post
    Privoxy wrote:
    Is it really? Takes me about 15 minutes... Hardly a hassle.
    Games plus apps and a bit of config, I'd say 2-3 hours is more realistic. If you're using everything web based, then 15 mins is more applicable.

  14. Post
    dude2099 wrote:
    Games plus apps and a bit of config, I'd say 2-3 hours is more realistic. If you're using everything web based, then 15 mins is more applicable.
    Yep, Windows part is easy but all the games and programmes I have make it a right pain.

  15. Post
    Surly you wouldn't sit there and reinstall everything at once though would you? I'd like to think you'd only install things as you need.

  16. Post
    dickytim wrote:
    Yep, Windows part is easy but all the games and programmes I have make it a right pain.
    Unless the games aren't on the likes of steam etc, I'd recommend having a separate drive with the installed files makes clean installing easy - esp if you intend to clean install every once in a while (which i cant think of a reason to really nowdays). I've cut heaps of time when changing rigs doing this.

  17. Post
    Privoxy wrote:
    Surly you wouldn't sit there and reinstall everything at once though would you? I'd like to think you'd only install things as you need.
    Don't be so sensible

  18. Post
    use Ninite for work as well as a stock updated image. I use Ninite pro at home , set up windows, start Ninite, go for lunch and everything's done. add in Last Pass and it is fairly painless.

  19. Post
    Anybody else using EarTrumpet? Just found out about it today

  20. Post
    Mithster18 wrote:
    Anybody else using EarTrumpet? Just found out about it today
    Yup. Has some useful stuff. Also crashes sometimes and disappears from the tray which is annoying when I've turned off my other sound icon.

  21. Post
    Mithster18 wrote:
    Anybody else using EarTrumpet? Just found out about it today
    Been using for quite a while, has completely replaced the old volume icon (which you can hide in Control Panel).
    krashersmasher wrote:
    Yup. Has some useful stuff. Also crashes sometimes and disappears from the tray which is annoying when I've turned off my other sound icon.
    Haven't experienced any crashes on my side. Might be your audio hardware/drivers making it crash.

  22. Post
    Mithster18 wrote:
    Anybody else using EarTrumpet? Just found out about it today
    ZOMG I thought you were trolling kiwitt for being old.

  23. Post
    Anyone having issues with the Start Menu in 1903? All of a sudden mine has started stalling and failing to show icons. Some times it works, some times it's bloody terrible. I've had Windows say it's blocked the Start Menu from using my graphics hardware (and seen Task Manager ready 100% GPU usage when the stalls occur) but it goes straight back to using the GPU and creates a bit of a loop.

    Rolled back to a backup from 2 weeks ago (before the issue started) to try and fix the issue and it started happening again right away on. Tempted to do a fresh install unless MS patches the issue soon :/

  24. Post
    Unsettled wrote:
    ZOMG I thought you were trolling kiwitt for being old.

  25. Smile
    Xev wrote:
    Anyone having issues with the Start Menu in 1903?
    I don't have that specific problem (i don't think) but my sound cards needed patch's to work again and windows defender is a bit shaky since the update.

    I agree with dickytim that it seems to be a rather buggy update.