Windows 10 Thread

Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
(3 votes)
Results 2,876 to 2,896 of 2896

1. Post
    Magic Robertson wrote:
    I don't have that specific problem (i don't think) but my sound cards needed patch's to work again and windows defender is a bit shaky since the update.

I agree with dickytim that it seems to be a rather buggy update.
    I had neither of those problems. My sound card (Creative South Blaster AE-5) worked out of the box with 1903. Don't know about Windows Defender since I'm using third party antiviruses and firewalls.

So far it's only the start menu issue for me. Maybe also a display issue with my monitor but I'm 98% sure it's the screens doing.

2. Smile
    Xev wrote:
    I had neither of those problems. My sound card (Creative South Blaster AE-5) worked out of the box with 1903. Don't know about Windows Defender since I'm using third party antiviruses and firewalls.
    My sound cards on both machines are the Audigy Rx and on creatives web site the patch specifically states it fix's the windows 10 issue.

With windows defender i had to manually turn it on again on both my windows 10 computers and i now watch every boot to make sure it's going.

I really got worried when i noticed it was off.

wrote:
    So far it's only the start menu issue for me. Maybe also a display issue with my monitor but I'm 98% sure it's the screens doing.
    I'm not sure if a monitor could cause a video card to go at 100% but i would do a DDU to remove the old drivers and install the latest just to make sure.

Doing a clean install with Nvidia or AMD drivers doesn't clean it 100% but apparently DDU does.

3. Post
    Oh no the GPU at 100 issue is definitely 100% the start menu. It only ever happens when the start menu causes a stall during user interaction.

The monitor issue is that it's not detecting at all. I'm 99% sure it's the monitor and not Windows. It's a Catleap Q270 which is nearly 5 years old which is well beyond the average lifespan of one of those monitors so I'd say it's done pretty well. Sad to see it go though. Still can't find anything for the same price I paid for it which is as good in stores.

4. Post
    Had no issues with 1903 on all of my PCs, it's great.

5. Post
    over 5000 laptops, thin clients , VMs all on 1903 here, no problems atm

6. Post
    Bloody wrote:
    Solid! We're still playing catchup from 1703/1709/1803/1809 - bloody shambles haha. Did you let them all auto-update or force upgrade?

7. Post
    Bloody wrote:
    That would've mostly been in place upgrades excluding the thin clients and no problems...... You are one of the very few.
    What management tools allow such a feat?

8. Post
    Just haven't got A into G since i've been on a project for the past 6 months, and hesitance from the wider team prior to that. Plan is to in-place the existing fleet alongside those that come in for re-imaging, implement insider fast/slow rings for the wider ICT/application owners, then let the rest auto-upgrade in future. We now have co-existence of SCCM and Workspace ONE so will be fun times ahead.

9. Post
    I see some settings have been reset on my PC.. Will see what it's like when I get home

10. Post
    I have constant sound card issues since the last update my PC did.
    First time I start the PC, the sound card won't work.
    After a restart it is fine though.

11. Post
    montstros1ty wrote:
    Solid! We're still playing catchup from 1703/1709/1803/1809 - bloody shambles haha. Did you let them all auto-update or force upgrade?
    we had the preview for a week or so, some of the more trusting fellas had it for a bit longer. Weekly meeting while i preferred to defer it for another month there was no indication anyone had an issue. Had a staggered roll out. first the IT team, then out to the clients later. Had 1 issue with older Dell laptops, the network drivers did not like 1903 but driver update resolved that.

12. Post
    Anyone feeling like a bit of a jerky feeling lately when running games and surfing at the same time?

13. Post
    yuRiko wrote:
    Anyone feeling like a bit of a jerky feeling lately when running games and surfing at the same time?
    Were you browsing with only one hand?

14. Post
    brand wrote:

15. Post
    brand wrote:
    You got me there.

16. Post
    Finally got my Windows 10 Professional Hyper-V enabled to test some virtualisation. Takes me back to my nerdy / geeky days. After watching this video on Geek XP 4.0, which used arguably the more superior VMware.

EDIT: Got Firefox working

Name:  virtual.jpg
Views: 324
Size:  318.8 KB
    Last edited by KiwiTT; 12th October 2019 at 7:59 pm.

17. Post
    Well got it installed on my old clunker ... not too bad.

18. Post
    Someone mentioned downloading Windows 10 iso file.I am wondering where wolud it be better to download it.Microsoft?

19. Post
    jorgechurchill wrote:
    Someone mentioned downloading Windows 10 iso file.I am wondering where wolud it be better to download it.Microsoft?
    https://tb.32767.ga/get.php?id=1214

Pulls ios's directly from ms servers
    Last edited by huntakillaz; 14th November 2019 at 3:48 am.

20. Post
    jorgechurchill wrote:
    Yeah,it is free from Microsoft.You can also find the download links on the internet,which are all free.