Windows 10 Thread

Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
(3 votes)
Page 1 of 115 12341151101 ... Last

1. Post

Windows 10 Thread

According to the up loader this is technical preview build 9834, So real early stuff. The video doesn't really show anything new apart from a prototype of the new start menu, as most of the stuff from this video has leaked already we just finally get to see it an action.

2. Post
    RIP Metro?

3. Post
    looks handy for pr0n browsing

4. Post
    Necriss wrote:
    looks handy for pr0n browsing
    Hahaha, have to say I was guilty of this idea also

5. Post
    Windows 9 Sneaky pr0n edition

6. Post
    looking gud

7. Post
    Ive got a preview build of it. I might install it tonight and have a look.
    I installed cloud os tge other day. It's cool but still pretty broken. The storage spaces replication stuff looks pretty promising.

8. Post
    Not seeing a reason to move from 7

9. Post
    Unsettled wrote:
    The reason will likely end up being DirectX 12 when it comes out (is it coming with the retail release of 9 or after?)

10. Post
    Unsettled wrote:
    It's a 2 minute preview of a leaked early build done by someone who clearly is a muppet. I wouldn't exactly take much from it at all.

11. Post
    gpig wrote:
    RIP Metro?
    "ModernUI" is heavily in play in that demo, it's just styled differently (without a full screen of tiles).

12. Post
    ahah from the live event

"We want all these Windows 7 users to have the sentiment that yesterday they were driving a first-generation Prius... and now with Windows 10 it's like a Tesla."

13. Post

14. Post
    They really are pushing those live tiles aren't they. As long as you can remove them that's ok though.

Not sure why they skipped Windows 9 but I'm sure there's a marketing reason.

15. Post

16. Post

17. Post
    The spacing grid will be the same, it will be whitespace in the icon design causing the discrepancies you care so much about I imagine.

18. Post
    Lol they have 2 buttons next to each other for search, plus an extra box in the popup menu just in case you missed it. And side by side window snapping as a major feature? Probably gonna skip this one unless it's free.

19. Post
    Kinda sad if metro goes, but it seems like this is a good replacement.

20. Post
    Actually, after watching the vid, I like the layout of this. Desktops is back from Windows 3.11?

21. Post
    Obligatory:

(Cross out Windows 7, replace with Windows 10)

22. Post
    Unsettled wrote:
    The performance tweaks alone should make you move.

23. Post
    MysticNZ wrote:
    The performance tweaks alone should make you move.
    boot time? lol. I reboot maybe once a month. the other tweaks seem feeble. and then I consider how much time it takes for it to fix itself when an update or something goes wrong. The "Please wait" experience is not one I wish to indulge.

24. Post
    Never actually had a Windows 8 system go wrong, so cant comment.

Performance wise I actually meant new technology (hardware) support. If you do a bit of goggling about windows 7 and how it unlocked cores. Was one of my jizz moments when WIndows 7 was in beta. I'm sure 9/10 (whatever it is) will have something similar.