(3 votes)
Results 2,576 to 2,594 of 2594

1. Post
    so i go to shutdown a win 10 PC get the menu
    Update & shutdown
    shutdown
    update & restart
    restart

So I pick "shutdown", I'm powering it off and putting another PC onto the desk.

Getting Windows ready, don't turn off your PC...

I'll go make the coffee.

2. Post
    Anyone else have the issue when the password prompt doesn't show up when you start the computer??

3. Post
    it shows up eventually. No matter how high spec your PC, just wait it out. /lol

4. Post
    Is there any way to recover files from a ctrl+z undo in Windows 10? Ctrl+Y isn't redoing the creation of the file, and recuva doesn't show anything.

5. Post
    what application, was it ever saved? . right click the folder it was in properties > previous versions

6. Post
    Unsettled wrote:
    what application, was it ever saved? . right click the folder it was in properties > previous versions
    MS Word, which didn't have any backups. Previous versions is now disabled by default (WTF MS?) in 10 so that's a no go either. Also tried Pandora recovery but none of these programs seems to be working - my theory is because the file was 'undone' instead of deleted. Thankfully only lost about 30 mins or so of work since I recently transferred the file but it's just so damn crazy that Windows has a permanent delete feature baked in to a keyboard shortcut with no pop-ups and warnings.

7. Post
    i think office saves a temp copy in a temp directory somewhere

if you're lucky it might still be there (can't remember exact location, you'd have to google it)

8. Post
    By default, Word searches for AutoRecover files every time that it starts, and then it displays all that it finds in the Document Recovery task pane.

9. Post
    Unsettled wrote:
    By default, Word searches for AutoRecover files every time that it starts, and then it displays all that it finds in the Document Recovery task pane.
    I did try that, the unsaved files folder was empty (even though it should have created a copy) and trying to open it through recent files gave an (expected) 'can't find the file, did you move it?' error. It seems if a file was saved and there was no changes made to it, word doesn't make a temp backup anywhere.
    Last edited by BURN_BABY; 27th July 2017 at 1:48 pm.

10. Smile
    Got a quick question about windows 10.

What games come with it?

I hope for,

chess
    hearts
    freecell
    solitaire.

Also will supreme commander forged alliance work on it too?

(I'm asking because my dad's computer will need upgrading one day and he's very picky about games so i hope the ones he has will still work when i replace his computer.)

11. Post
    no games come with windows since windows 8 but you should be able to download all those and get them working without too much trouble

12. Post
    Asus preinstalled Minecraft, Candycruch and some other King came lol. Boy did those get deleted quickly. Minecraft was pretty legit though.

13. Post
    lookd good

14. Post
    sorceror wrote:
    no games come with windows since windows 8 but you should be able to download all those and get them working without too much trouble
    I have yet to see a version of windows 10 without apps preloaded for candy crush in the start menu. You'd think someone at microsoft would say "but its the pro version, for business use, we don't want some silly pink bubbly childish game icon on every start menu." and then their boss would say "king software paid us eleventy squillion dollarinos, do it." And the world cringed along with that souless wretch.

15. Post
    Candy crush and Minecraft came on my Asus machine. The later I don't mind.

16. Post
    Coming soon

A new design. The UI for Start and Action Center includes elements of our new Fluent Design System such as Acrylic Material — a cool, translucent effect. (Build 16215)

17. Post
    ^LOL! that will have people foaming at the mouth.

18. Post
    translucent.... like vista aero 10 years ago you mean?

19. Post
    Hah my lock screen now says
    --Tap and ask "what can you do?"

It must be bugged because shouting at my hard drive while pressing on my TV isn't doing anything.