General Discussion

Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
(1 vote)
Results 2,751 to 2,771 of 2771

1. Post
    I spent a lot of time trying to become a better player and definitely succeeded. But then I'd have matches where we're both winning and I'm playing really well. I'd be frustrated, not enjoying it, and unable to figure out why. The game just isn't fun even if you're winning. A close balanced match is fun and they almost never happen.

2. Post
    They are making some good changes for S6, however they need to do a bit more like removing golden weapons from comp, rewarding flex rather than one tricks, and just dropping placements entirely. (seriously, what is the point of placements now?)
    I'd also kill for an unranked mode where I can practice other heroes without the 5 dps cluster****s of QP.

3. Post
    Too true - I don't really mind losing if it's a good fight but balance matches come round like 1 in 50 games. Either throwers (cause you have 1 off meta member on your team and so others decide to troll cause they think we've lost) or smurfs.

I have resorted to playing on my alt account almost exclusively so I can queue with mates cause at least I can have fun with them even if we have a troll/deranker (only play 1 game a day on my main to stop decay and literally always heal for braindead players who think 4 dps + torb is going to win. much fun).

I thought it was a little sad that I had to stop playing my main hero cause it wouldn't be fair to play in lower tier, but with the amounts of smurfs around, I still have to play him often to even have a chance at winning. I don't see how anyone is supposed to climb out when they are going against master/gm smurfs all day and because our player pool for us is so small, you're bound to go against them multiple times a night even if you manage to dodge the next game.

People that play their main heroes in lower tiers irk me. Like if that's the case, just stay in your rank. Unfortunately I've run into some of my high master/gm 'friends' in a duo/trio, playing in plat/diamond with their main heroes all too often. They only stop when I tell them it's me on my alt

/rant

4. Post
    Can't wait to see this Mercy redesign, nothing pisses me off more as a Pharah main than her alt after I've just team wiped. Also, they are finally nerfing D.VA's defense matrix.

5. Post
    Trikki wrote:
    They are making some good changes for S6, however they need to do a bit more like removing golden weapons from comp, rewarding flex rather than one tricks, and just dropping placements entirely. (seriously, what is the point of placements now?)
    I'd also kill for an unranked mode where I can practice other heroes without the 5 dps cluster****s of QP.
    Curious what makes you say remove golden weapons from comp?

6. Post
    Viilai wrote:
    Curious what makes you say remove golden weapons from comp?
    Just to cut the peps out that are only there for golden weapons, it wont be a biggy for the higher ranks but around the mid (and i assume lower) ranks there's a boat load of people that are only there for a golden gun for their main (by their own admission) If you took the guns away then people are solely there to improve, comp should be it's own reward.

7. Post
    HELL KNIGHT wrote:
    Can't wait to see this Mercy redesign, nothing pisses me off more as a Pharah main than her alt after I've just team wiped. Also, they are finally nerfing D.VA's defense matrix.
    D.VA main checking in - not to worried about the DM nerf, just going to go back to being a bruiser/bully rather than a backline peel defender, although I just wish Blizz would sort out what they actually want her to be. They nerfed her damage because she wasn't supposed to be a bully tank, now they're nerfing her only protection ability to give her more damage and ability to apply that damage than shes ever had? at the same time Hogs been nerfed into the ground because they don't want tanks to do that much damage?
    Make up your mind Blizz!

As a side note the DM nerf and mercy buffs mean Pharmercy is now everyones worst nightmare!

8. Post
    The new Mercy can rez someone ~every 30s though, right? That's actually a ton of rezzes. They upped her damage too but I wonder by how much, could probably kill a tracer easily now ;P

9. Post
    ...She's being toned down after this apparently

https://gfycat.com/EveryAgedHydra

10. Post
    Lol epic

11. Post
    Wow this game is worse than ever

12. Post
    Deathmatch works far better than I thought it would. More FFA maps would be nice.

13. Post
    Hogs changes seem to be working, he's so damn hard to kill now - flip side, free ult charge!

14. Post
    I wish the damage reduction was 30% instead of 50% haha. Stick hog + follow up shots to the head and he still doesn't die now xD

I am liking the changes overall. Junk/doom is still a bit broken though but way better season than last already.

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

15. Post
    Junkrat/Orisa is a sweet combo, using halt to pull peps into the spam is stupidly effective

16. Post
    As a Hog player, definitely viable again. He can now properly tank and sorta fits that role better. Still doesnt beat the one trick pony version but at least we're seeing him again. Junkrat super powerful at the moment in skirmishes I feel. Mercy dmg is unreal.

This game does start to feel less rewarding though the more you play.

Deathmatch is ok but sick of 5 x Genji per round.

17. Post
    I've seen more McCree's and Junkrats in Deathmatch thus far. And yeah Mercy is pretty OP in it I've found.

18. Post
    I've been running around on my alt account practicing anything but support. I'm really loving McCree and I'm way better than I thought I was haha. Can't wait for that DVA patch to go through. Currently she's holding DM and not even trying to shield her teammates from me but it's so large it keeps eating my bullets inadvertently lol. No DVA = picks for days.

Already close to masters after playing McCree for 3 weeks.. Wanna see how far I can go as a DPS once the changes hit.

At the same time, I don't know how I feel about a tank getting missiles or whatever change she's getting. I would have been far happier leaving her as is, but shortening the DM time 20-25% as currently it eats up ults for the whole duration. Meh will be interesting.

19. Post
    New Patch - Junkertown release, Mercy tweaks and D.VA rework

Patch Notes

20. Post
    Had some wierd games last night, lower ping and was as if we were playing against around 1000 SR (4man of around 2400), wound up 45-2 as widow with 150 ping hah. Headshots everywhere, felt easier to snipe with than the usual 30 ping.. wierd. Oh well, 2 wins at the end of a pretty bad night

21. Post
    Anyone thinking Junkertown is favouring the attacker a bit too much?