1. Post

Purchasing a motorhome for full time living.

Hi GP,

Does anyone know where the X-Rental fleet of Motorhomes go once they have been retired by the Rental companies?

If they are damaged do they head to a specific wrecker? I see most motorhome yards are based Auckland.

Looking at purchasing a motorhome later this year to live in and not keen of the motorhome 'tax' these car yards seem to put on them.

Budget is round 30 - 35k.

2. Post
    motorhome "tax"?

they cost that much because thats what people pay for them
    get sweet **** all (to live in long term) for that price

3. Post
    Is this a joke thread?

4. Post
    Ring up the companies, they always selling them

5. Post
    Ask if there's anything wrong with it as you're wanting to do it up as a project and they will likely tell you all the things wrong with it.

6. Post
    Theres plenty of them being sold privately. Lots of people try the lifestyle and either don't really like it, or are too old to drive the 4 tonne monster with any confidence.

7. Post
    And the ones that are confident probably shouldn't be driving them

8. Post
    They are easily spotted by the panel damage

9. Post
    Family friend purchased his one over in Germany, shipped it to NZ and saved heaps from what i've been told.

10. Post
    The steering wheel being on the wrong side would be an issue if you intended to use it on the road.

11. Post
    Pfft, don't let facts get in the way of a good yarn.

12. Post
    Maybe its was a caravan or 5th wheeler ?

13. Post
    Oh I missed the bit where we were talking about those.

14. Post
    well we weren't, strictly speaking, but they fit the same category.

15. Post
    Of course, I forgot that caravans and fifth wheelers have motors.

16. Post
    It is conceivable that someone would describe one using an ambiguous term like "camper".

17. Post
    Yes it is. But in this case, the op clearly stated MOTORHOME (it's right there in the title), and smurfslave reckons his uncles brothers friend imported one from Germany and saved heaps. No where did he say he imported a camper, or a campervan, or a caravan. Smurfyslave is doing that thing where he talks ****, and Leon pointed out that Germany is left hook, so unless it has been converted or isn't road legal it's unlikely.

But as I said, lets not let facts get in the way of a good yarn.

18. Post
    It's not Unsettled's fault that Dirtyslave doesn't know what has an engine.

19. Post

20. Post
    Wow, what a necro