Battlefield 5

Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
(1 vote)
Results 426 to 446 of 446

  1. Post
    hardline > bad company 2


    next game isnt due out till end of 2020 (because 2 year cycles) so dunno why you are expecting it this year.

  2. Post
    Heathen, shouldn’t you be playing Fallout 76 or did they shut down the server already

  3. Post
    there is no dlss so I stopped playing it

  4. Post
    yeahboiwahoo wrote:
    there is no dlss so I stopped playing it
    But there is a cash shop the best any game can have for fun
    Last I heard they had fixed 5000bugs online 1 million left

  5. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    Last I heard they had fixed 5000bugs online 1 million left
    its not new vegas m8

  6. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    Some of the stuff makes it easier
    The Metro devs mentioned that with rayvtracing it saved them heaps of time and effort because they just turned it on did a little optimized and then it just works. Without it they would have to spend heaps of time placing lights around the maps and testing and making sure the lighting model works
    Wouldn't that mean they have to do two lots of lighting? Unless they made the game for ray tracing capable cards only lol.

  7. Post
    tried playing it again tonight. fk, it's so buggy. I'm always getting a good 1-2 seconds behind cover only to have died on the other players screen first. I'm pretty sure they made the TTK a little longer than it was originally like in the beta/release, even after their "roll back".

  8. Post
    There has been various weapon balance tweaks at odd points but nothing substantial like the previous changes


    patch out tonight ~10pm on pc

    notes here

    http://eaassets-a.akamaihd.net/dice-...YaEBhD0crhTifE

    some info on the visibility changes here

    https://www.reddit.com/r/Battlefield...ility_changes/

    Name:  KMkGJ0A.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  143.7 KB

    huzzah

  9. Post
    Fragluton wrote:
    Wouldn't that mean they have to do two lots of lighting? Unless they made the game for ray tracing capable cards only lol.
    Nah that just means the lighting will probably look shitty if rayvtracing is turned off
    It’s gimpworks all over again - no way of devs agree to do rayvtracing to save time do they then go and add all the usual traditional lighting in as well

    This is my bet: in the new metro you turn rayvtracing on = better than Ultra lighting compared to other games
    Turn rayvtracing off = Low settings compared to other games

  10. Post
    20gb patch out

    DLSS is enabled for RTX cards - will quickly test

    edit:

    Tested Rotterdamn map - playing on 4k tv sitting 1 meter from the screen

    Ultra 4k with Ultra Ray Tracing - 51fps average
    Ultra 4k with Ultra Ray Tracing and DLSS ON - 77fps average

    50.1% performance gain with DLSS

    Things I noticed:

    * DLSS can only be turned on in this game if Ray Tracing is turned on first
    * DLSS can only be turned on if MY base resolution is set to 4k - I put "MY" in upper case because while I was not able to get DLSS to work at 1440p, others have managed to force it to run even down to 1080p using console commands
    * There is a image quality downgrade***

    *** The change in image quality is less noticeable the higher your resolution is - so i.e if you force DLSS on at 1080p it look like it's running at 720p - running DLSS at 4k looks like around 1600 or 1700p so it's still decent.
    Additionally I could not really notice the image quality difference sitting on my couch - I think this is due to the 1 meter sitting distance, it's obviously far easier to notice that if you are playing at your desk on a monitor
    Last edited by SirGrim; 14th February 2019 at 12:17 am.

  11. Post
    7.46GB for me.

  12. Post
    also 7ish gb for me

    new visibility changes are great, huge step in the right direction

  13. Post
    But how is the dlss m8?
    It's what we've been waiting for.

  14. Post
    bzE wrote:
    7.46GB for me.
    I haven't played for a while so I guess it did two updates, a 20gb file and 7gb file

    Game is dead - only found 2 servers with players last night
    Last edited by SirGrim; 14th February 2019 at 2:11 pm.

  15. Post
    f

  16. Post
    Patch night... majority of OC server users are in Aus with dog shit internet. Probably not the time to consider server status.
    Easy 10-15+ servers full every night.

  17. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    I haven't played for a while so I guess it did two updates, a 20gb file and 7gb file

    Game is dead - only found 2 servers with players last night
    it'll be something you are doing

    there were 5 full servers sarvo mate

  18. Post
    top tip, combined arms counts for assignments etc etc

    also your overall stats lol

    not sure if intentional....

  19. Post
    yeahboiwahoo wrote:
    top tip, combined arms counts for assignments etc etc

    also your overall stats lol

    not sure if intentional....
    Wow that's a protip if I've ever seen one, I'll be on tonight for sure then!

  20. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    20gb patch out

    DLSS is enabled for RTX cards - will quickly test

    edit:

    Tested Rotterdamn map - playing on 4k tv sitting 1 meter from the screen

    Ultra 4k with Ultra Ray Tracing - 51fps average
    Ultra 4k with Ultra Ray Tracing and DLSS ON - 77fps average

    50.1% performance gain with DLSS

    Things I noticed:

    * DLSS can only be turned on in this game if Ray Tracing is turned on first
    * DLSS can only be turned on if MY base resolution is set to 4k - I put "MY" in upper case because while I was not able to get DLSS to work at 1440p, others have managed to force it to run even down to 1080p using console commands
    * There is a image quality downgrade***

    *** The change in image quality is less noticeable the higher your resolution is - so i.e if you force DLSS on at 1080p it look like it's running at 720p - running DLSS at 4k looks like around 1600 or 1700p so it's still decent.
    Additionally I could not really notice the image quality difference sitting on my couch - I think this is due to the 1 meter sitting distance, it's obviously far easier to notice that if you are playing at your desk on a monitor
    THis might be a daft question but do you turn DLSS on and TAA off?

  21. Post
    Turning DLSS on turns off and disables all other AA options