Street Fighter V Is a PS4 and PC Exclusive

Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
(4 votes)

1. Post
    Raw gameplay footage trailer

Footage broken down by Maximilian Dood.

2. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    Hey mate, Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 came out NINE MONTHS after the vanilla release, instantly making it obsolete. There is bloody precedence right there in the immediate past to be a smart consumer.
    Yes, but don't forget the Street Fighter 4 series always had the option for incremental digital version upgrades. Which is vastly more reasonable if you find value in the product. I've also always wondered what sort of pressure Capcom were under to appease Marvels movie schedules with the MVC games, I mean it clearly happened (no one asked for or wanted chars like Rocket Raccoon), but it'd be interesting to know to what extent.

3. Post
    Omega was a test for this imo.

4. Post
    seanhinton wrote:
    Yes, but don't forget the Street Fighter 4 series always had the option for incremental digital version upgrades.
    The only upgrade option for SF4 > SSF4 was buying a completely new game, don't forget that.

Capcom's plans for SF5's life cycle remain to be seen. Ultimately what you choose to do with your money choice. If you choose to gamble it on a company who've time and time again shown that they show little value of their consumers then up to you... just don't go crying for Captain Hindsight.

5. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    The only upgrade option for SF4 > SSF4 was buying a completely new game, don't forget that.
    Ah yes that's right, but SSF4 -> AE -> Ultra was all digital increments which makes vastly more sense moving forward. But you're quite right in that caution with Capcom is warranted for the financially sensitive consumer. I guess the obvious problem with everyone avoiding day one adoption though is we could easily fall into a "tragedy of the commons" situation and leave Capcom without the resources or desire to create long term "Super-Ultra-Hyper-Special" editions.
    Last edited by seanhinton; 9th December 2014 at 11:33 pm.

6. Post
    glad im not a poor **** that actually cares about $100.

7. Post
    ^You are thick however.

8. Post
    Android Grim wrote:
    glad im not a poor **** that actually cares about $100.
    With an attitude like that you might just find yourself 'a poor ****' one day

9. Post
    seanhinton wrote:
    I guess the obvious problem with everyone avoiding day one adoption though is we could easily fall into a "tragedy of the commons" situation and leave Capcom without the resources or desire to create long term "Super-Ultra-Hyper-Special" editions.
    Except they aren't. Joe Average console bro will continue to pre-order games for $100ish from EB. The vocal contingent online and/or readers of online enthusiast press are a minority.

I really don't think the likes of AC:Unity bugs being so bad that they make BBC News will affect mainstream buying habits at all. Hell, I'm part of the problem since I probably will be pre-ordering AC: Victory and from EB no less.

10. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    Except they aren't. Joe Average console bro will continue to pre-order games for $100ish from EB. The vocal contingent online and/or readers of online enthusiast press are a minority.
    I was speaking more of a hypothetical situation where everyone, or even a substantial number of consumers took the proposed approach of "waiting". I'm well aware that the chances of it happening are virtually nill however.

11. Post
    this or the new mortal kombat?

12. Post
    Mortal Kombat X I'll probably get over this initially because NetherRealm actually make fighting games with good stories.

13. Post
    Hmm... they have copied KI's instinct... which isn't a bad thing. The mechanics of this look wildly different to the last few SF's.

14. Post
    New stage announced, based in/on New Zealand.

15. Post
    Sweet!

16. Post
    So gutted parrys are not making a come back. Ryu gave me hope.

I still play 3rd strike daily.

Also seems KI copied SF4 and SF5 has copied alot from KI. Interesting times in the fighting scene.

17. Post
    MysticNZ wrote:
    Also seems KI copied SF4 and SF5 has copied alot from KI. Interesting times in the fighting scene.
    Incest is exciting?

18. Post
    Ryu can parry in SFV.

NZ stage is so cool haha. I love the little Takahe bird just chilling in the middle of the stage.

19. Post
    Any explanation on why the characters portraits by the life bars are red and blue?

20. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    Incest is exciting?
    Yeah it's not bad... it's good now season2 is finished and there's quite a few characters. I found it a bit boring before that.

With the news it's coming to PC next season I think is going to open it up quite a lot.

21. Post

22. Post
    Is this a joke post? In other news Lara Croft has been confirmed for "Rise of the Tomb Raider".

23. Post
    jords wrote:
    New stage announced, based in/on New Zealand.
    Kapai.

Thought they might come up with an Evil Ken character, that could be interesting

24. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    Is this a joke post? In other news Lara Croft has been confirmed for "Rise of the Tomb Raider".
    His post was vastly more worthwhile than yours.

Last edited by seanhinton; 10th July 2015 at 2:20 pm.